IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only thing that annoyed me is that they don't distinguise one side from the other. it's the same label on both sides with all the tracks listed.

you're not looking hard enough...there are etchings that mark which side is which.

Also, you can tell by the grooves how many tracks are on each side... hence which side is which. Not a big problem.

Guest Squawk2

the best thing about vinyl is having a 12" square cover for the artwork! (if the artwork is any good of course)

Having a physical copy of an album also helps it to stand out from the crowded world of digital releases

Guest Jacques MalChance

just (yesterday) bought this from a tiny record shop in Liverpool and its been on at least 7 times in a row non-stop...I very much like it!

Having a physical copy of an album also helps it to stand out from the crowded world of digital releases

yep totally agree, I only really enjoy (and support) buying vinyl, and yea probably it wouldn't have had the same effect on me this record if it was digital and I didn't had to get up and give the stylus a little nudge to listen to the 3rd track!

It's more the fact that Rephlex are happy to release artists that copy their more successful artists so rampantly

I love Rephlex dearly but it's a shame they were so groundbreaking at one point, but are now so happy to release material by artists that rinse the percieved ,Rephlex sound

yep and its so easy to spot, saying 'ah but its better than Smojphace" eh now that wouldn't be too difficult to 'copy'

after listening to it a little more here are my thoughts

- the music is technically very well done, especially the more Go Plastic-ish track (not the one that sounds like its from do you know squarepusher). It's still missing a lot of the beef and sonic mastery that Spusher displays on Go Plastic, but Steinvord's music seems more focused on these dissonant atmospheric moments, that song in particular when the glitches go away entirely is when i think it's the strongest. The whole 'electro acoustic' aspect of it is probably it's strongest point. The aphexy and squarepusher sound-alike moments are strong too, but it doesnt feel like a genuine expression of the artists imagination, the in between electro-acoustic moments very much sound the opposite, where the artist is flexing his true genius. Although i might change my mind is he composed beats with sounds that don't sound like reverse engineering of the aphex break-beat drum kit and mixing style.

- After all this time getting aphex or pusher vibes from this last night i got a very strong Voafose/Jeremy SImmonds vibe from it. I guess if he was part of it i'd expect it to be a little bit weirder and less braindance so i dont think he has anything to do with it.

- Steinvord he must already be a very accomplished electro-acoustic 20th century electronic music fan, since he references often in his works these types of sounds and passages. This calls into question the claim he is a spanish teenager, highly doubtful because of this. The beat programming aspect is easier for me to believe a 18 year old could do it vs referencing with such grace this type of obscure music.

So, erm, all of the rips of this are unbearably shitty, correct?

Not that I'd... you know.

as far as I've found...

Still looking for a vinyl rip of good quality. I have the 12" on the way I just can't afford the player I want yet =(

I guess maybe I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it until I can afford a player? I don't know.

yea this really sucks, I really want to check this out.

I'm still enjoying the shitty quality vinyl rips. I just don't want to drop 1000$+ on a turntable at the moment... I might... cough*... just buy a cheap sony one for now :(

it wouldn't be audiophile but.. it might get the job done.

plus it comes with software to rip vinyl to digital :D

as far as I've found...

Still looking for a vinyl rip of good quality. I have the 12" on the way I just can't afford the player I want yet =(

I guess maybe I shouldn't be allowed to enjoy it until I can afford a player? I don't know.

mine hasbene received.

i'd rip but i currently have a bundle of starburst candies as counterweight.

yes.

as far as I've found...

mine hasbene received.

i'd rip but i currently have a bundle of starburst candies as counterweight.

yes.

=O

but.. I'd love you forever! come on m8. hook a brother up.

after listening to it a little more here are my thoughts

- the music is technically very well done, especially the more Go Plastic-ish track (not the one that sounds like its from do you know squarepusher). It's still missing a lot of the beef and sonic mastery that Spusher displays on Go Plastic, but Steinvord's music seems more focused on these dissonant atmospheric moments, that song in particular when the glitches go away entirely is when i think it's the strongest. The whole 'electro acoustic' aspect of it is probably it's strongest point. The aphexy and squarepusher sound-alike moments are strong too, but it doesnt feel like a genuine expression of the artists imagination, the in between electro-acoustic moments very much sound the opposite, where the artist is flexing his true genius. Although i might change my mind is he composed beats with sounds that don't sound like reverse engineering of the aphex break-beat drum kit and mixing style.

- After all this time getting aphex or pusher vibes from this last night i got a very strong Voafose/Jeremy SImmonds vibe from it. I guess if he was part of it i'd expect it to be a little bit weirder and less braindance so i dont think he has anything to do with it.

- Steinvord he must already be a very accomplished electro-acoustic 20th century electronic music fan, since he references often in his works these types of sounds and passages. This calls into question the claim he is a spanish teenager, highly doubtful because of this. The beat programming aspect is easier for me to believe a 18 year old could do it vs referencing with such grace this type of obscure music.

that sounds interesting, what are those reference you speak of?

Archived