IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I have a massive backlog of games, movies and series to catch up on, so... I started rewatching Babylon 5?!

Britannia - finished & a tad gutted.

Zoe Wanamaker's hair (why?), the Stig of the Dump druid costume dept, Norse runes out of any chronological order or archaeological context, no focus on Ynys Mon, clumpy script.....all further eroded by an intriguing premise about pre-Christian beliefs & exactly how the Romans did so much damage here.

There are flourishes...the 2 Roman deserters chancing on a druid drug stash, or Julian Rhind-Tutt's character's lols while his wife is constantly fucked by a Gaul due to strict druidic orders, the eunuch son having to get his dismembered lad out for the Roman chief of staff & the real reason for the Roman leader's interest in druid magic, but its impossible to watch w/out referencing GoT's & i fkn loathe GoT's fantasy bs.

It tries really hard to be psychedelic, present a pre-christian world & its belief systems, the role of the Underworld & spells, but its like Harry Potter went back in time during a particularly arduous acid trip & got spooked.

another coded allusion to Brexit/10

Am enjoying Mindhunter so far, loving the demeanor and voice of the instigator of the "his name was Robert Paulson" chant from Fight Club guy (Holt McCallany) hope this helps him bag some roles in future stuff

nenxEGi.png

not as great as you'd expect but still decent television. i kinda wish they gave a little background on some of the characters but i guess they wanted to focus on the meat and potatoes of the story: the fbi standoff. episode 2 kinda got better from what i thought was a messy 1st episode.

also, rory culkin looks like macaulay culkin after a 2 week drug binge at a flophouse in memphis. 

^ def want to watch regardless, its such a bizarre incident. i remember as a kid it was one of the first things my folks couldn't explain easily to me, after the oklahoma city bombing there was no way to avoid it in the news. surreal seeing footage of tanks and a church compound on fire as an 8 year old.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

curb your enthusiasm s09 (2017) - well, some of the situations he puts himself in look a bit contrived (i guess it's always been like that in the previous series) but the end result is always enjoyable, lots of laughs... preeeeyty cool comeback!!!!

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Watched the first few eps of Altered Carbon. Pretty much what I expected so far, hammy acting in a pretty good Cyberpunk world. The SFX are really inconsistent though, one scene you've got a beautiful bird's eye view of the city, next there's a cheap ass looking car flying off scene. I like all the interesting ideas it throws out there even if it can be a bit overwhelming at times.

it's pretty damn stupid, feels a lot like those modern AAA sci-fi/rpg video games when it comes to acting and writing. but it throws in so much cool ideas and twists and with the general flashiness and pulpiness of the whole thing it ends up being pretty fun overall.

Edited by eugene

American Vandal.

It's a very silly but nonetheless really well done parody of American Crime and a slew of similar media (Serial, Making a Murderer, The Jinx) - instead of murder, rape, etc. the crime centers around a school parking lot covered in spraypainted dicks and a douchey teen pinned for the prank.

The thing I'm most impressed with is that this is spread over 8 episodes, and as it goes along you actually get invested in the main character. It's really in the "fine line between clever and stupid" category. The visual graphics are hilarious as well, feels like something from a top notch Conan O'Brien or SNL skit.

The Super Bowl was a pretty good football game.

Been catching most of The Daily Show and The Opposition lately and neither are quite stellar, they're both doing decent and have some segments and interviews that are pretty good.

The first episode of Counterpart was alright. Could go to shit or could end up being pretty good.

I was even more so, kept watching it to the end, hoping it would pay off. Then it revealed it's hand and it was filled with horseshit.

Should've smelled it.

Edited by Gocab

To whoever asked about Electric Dreams, it's worth checking out I think. It's a poor man's Black Mirror but the best episodes are about on par with it, roughly speaking. Don't be too put off by the first few episodes, which were pretty weak imo

it's pretty damn stupid, feels a lot like those modern AAA sci-fi/rpg video games when it comes to acting and writing. but it throws in so much cool ideas and twists and with the general flashiness and pulpiness of the whole thing it ends up being pretty fun overall.

i take it all back. after watching all of the episodes, my verdict is that it's an irredeemable trash. from the episode where his sister appears and to the end it's pretty much unwatchable. just a really nasty mix of horrendous acting and writing spiced up with tits and gore in a really sleazy teenage way.