IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Really, both American and UK versions of The Office are great. When the UK one first aired I'd seen nothing like it before and it was groundbreaking in that sense but I find the American one way more watchable overall. Whereas the UK one had a somewhat serious/depressing undertone, the American one opts for slapstick silliness, which although sometimes goes overboard, I think it sits well with the original concept. Its massive though, and goes through a slump or two along the way but it also gives us us loads of characters who are more fleshed out and get way more screen time than the periferal characters of the UK version. Dwight alone makes the whole thing worth it!

• Like 2

Yeah, they're very different in tone but both good. Almost everyone is a miserable asshole in the UK version, while everyone is a loveable dumbass in the US version. The US version ends up being about staying in your place doing mindless work to be happy, which is pretty contrary to what the show originally is, but the jokes and characters are still fun.

• Like 1

Finished season 1 of The Sopranos, see no need to deviate from this path as it’s obviously great, so onwards with season 2. Earmarked Devs for when I need a bit of a refresher.

• Like 2

Comedy is a strange thing for me, so many 'classic' comedies I've just sat through stoney faced and not laughed once. The UK Office being one, I don't think I watched more than 2 episodes of that, all it did was irritate me, a lot. Simpsons has never lasted longer than 5 minutes before being turned off. Again just irritates me (though Futurama is the complete opposite!). The biggest contender would be the first Alan Partridge Show, everyone who I knew was going on about it (like The Simpsons) and a mate lent me the VHS tape. I forced myself to watch the whole thing as an experiment just to see if it would make me laugh, I did. Once. He also lent me as a substitute Phoenix Nights, which I laughed at all the way through from beginning to end. I would imagine the US version of The Office would be more my cup of tea. 

Edited by beerwolf

9 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I would imagine the US version of The Office would be more my cup of tea. 

seasons 2-5 are where it's at with that show. the 1st season was short, and was still trying to find its footing. then it launched into comedy goldmine territory for a few years. Steve Carell leaving the show in season 6 was the nail in the coffin. it should have stopped then. that's also roughly around the time I lost interest in it. tried a few episodes of the last 2 seasons and thought it had run its course by that point. heard they are trying to reboot it or something. just like every other damn thing out there. REBOOT!

• Like 2

Yeah a few friends have recommended the US Office, I may check it out sometime soon. I also need to finish Schitts Creek, that was also top notch comedy, for some reason I stopped watching, I think I got stuck into Better Call Saul at the same time and S Creek got left behind in the dust. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Severence - Enjoying this, have seen 5 episodes so far. 

Pam & Tommy - I didn't think I'd want to watch this series but had heard a few good things, and my girlfriend watched the first ep and suggested I try it out and we could continue together if I liked it. Well I liked it, it's well done and the Tommy guy cracks me up.

Atlanta - Happy to finally have this series return. Never know what each episode will bring.

Better Call Saul - Season 5 finally hit Netflix recently and I basically binged that last week while sick.

Champagne Ill - Needed a new short-format series to start on my own so I gave this a try last night, just one episode in. 

Snowfall - Latest season landed on Hulu and I just started last night. I've really enjoyed this series.

• Like 2

I thought Severance was kinda meh. Usually the case for me with shows built around these kinda concepts (forget what you did at work when you get home and vice versa whooptyfuckingdoo). Anyway I should give it another try maybe

Sopranos is killing it though, season 4 so far, only about 3 seasons to go, hate when it's gonna end ?

the-first-lady-424223.jpg

decided to watch this show after watching this clip. not sure how this happened, but it's a more mind-jarring performance when watched in context of the show which, already, is a mess. michelle pfeiffer looks amazing in this. gillian anderson is clearly channeling the crown and just toning it enough for american audiences. viola davis however never left planet bad imitations of michelle obama taken to the next level because holy christ this cannot be real.

also, they gave barack spock ears because they needed to make the actors ears bigger. 

I keep watching Halo. It's the worst shit ever. Somebody stop me.

• Haha 1

On 2/14/2022 at 8:35 PM, xxx said:

Any Righteous Gemstones here? I know it's lowbrow af at times but I can't resist it. Every episode has something in it that tickles the hell out of me. 

I’m watching this right now. Quite good. I’m usually repelled by anything Danny McBride but this is quality. Big fan of Keefe 

spacer.png

• Like 4

2 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I’m watching this right now. Quite good. I’m usually repelled by anything Danny McBride but this is quality. Big fan of Keefe 

I'm the same re: Danny McBride but also love Righteous Gemstones.

With Berry Season 3 premiering on Sunday, last night we decided to rewatch the first two seasons before the new one starts. I think we can do it. So everything else is on hold in the meantime.

• Burger 1

45 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

I'm the same re: Danny McBride but also love Righteous Gemstones.

With Berry Season 3 premiering on Sunday, last night we decided to rewatch the first two seasons before the new one starts. I think we can do it. So everything else is on hold in the meantime.

Do it! So pumped. Barry is definitely one of the best shows in the past 10 years, if not THE best, imo. 

• Like 1

My girlfriend and I are watching The Ultimatum on Netflix (or I look up from my laptop when I hear someone on the show is raising his/her voice). It's amazing. These people are so fucking stupid and one of the girls looks like a banana and everyone has implants.

When I see shows like this I feel all fuzzy and warm knowing that my offspring will have so many possibilities in life and work life because there are so many people out there who are dumb enough to be on shows like this.

Edited by Squee

1 hour ago, chronical said:

Just wanted to say I can't stand Seinfeld, why is it so popular. Jerry Seinfeld is such a smug cunt. He's like opposite of Jeff Goldblum

10000000000%!!!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

His smugness in Seinfeld doesn't bother me too much, it's kind of endearing and gels well with the shows concept. But since those days he's gone pretty overboard with his smugness I agree. 

Don’t know much about Seinfeld but I do like Frasier. Whenever ever I watch it, it always makes me laugh out loud. Americans are funny folks. I like that!

368B86C5-4AC6-48F1-8516-CC890D724A9A.jpeg.a90d554a0f9fcbbd4b400077dbd8aff1.jpeg

?