IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

14 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I almost reached critical burnout point with The Soprano's so decided to have a vacation in the Ozarks, just for a rest.

I became a very big fan of Ozark but its been a while since I watched it and was mightliy looking forward to Season 4, but I had a dilemma. Should I go back and rewatch the first 3 seasons? Never a fan of rewatching films, there's only a dozen or so that have any rewatch value for me (Alien/s, The Fog, The Wicker Man, Apocalypse Now, 2001 Space Odyssey etc) it was highly unlikely I could rewatch 30 plus episodes of a tv show! Yet here I am, and I think enjoying just as much the first time. Quite surprised actually. Its' a very good show. I think the setting of the lakes and the forests and having one foot in backwoods country but also one foot in modern day life is really appealing to me.

just go for a recap, there's loads on YouTube...

15 hours ago, beerwolf said:

I almost reached critical burnout point with The Soprano's so decided to have a vacation in the Ozarks, just for a rest.

I became a very big fan of Ozark but its been a while since I watched it and was mightliy looking forward to Season 4, but I had a dilemma. Should I go back and rewatch the first 3 seasons? Never a fan of rewatching films, there's only a dozen or so that have any rewatch value for me (Alien/s, The Fog, The Wicker Man, Apocalypse Now, 2001 Space Odyssey etc) it was highly unlikely I could rewatch 30 plus episodes of a tv show! Yet here I am, and I think enjoying just as much the first time. Quite surprised actually. Its' a very good show. I think the setting of the lakes and the forests and having one foot in backwoods country but also one foot in modern day life is really appealing to me.

All of ozark is great. Definitely worth watching the whole thing… even though the final episode is a bit WTF. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, _vow_of_silence_ said:

just go for a recap, there's loads on YouTube...

Tbh I’m really enjoying running through it all again. I’m very surprised. I tried it with SOA and that failed miserably. Halfway through season 2 I was bored out of my brain. Goes to show what a fantastic watch Ozark is if I can do it twice in a relatively short space of time.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

I don't think I'm ever going to get round to watching the new season of Stranger Things. How am I supposed to invest that many hours in such a mediocre series. I mean the first season hit a sweet spot and had perfect timing when it was released, but that first run was pleeeeenty. There's not enough depth to this nostalgia shit to keep people watching indefinitely, all surface vibes man. 13 hour season? gtfo

old man tooth GIF

Edited by Silent Member
Thank you for reading my unmotivated old man rant.
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

I don't think I'm ever going to get round to watching the new season of Stranger Things. How am I supposed to invest that many hours in such a mediocre series. I mean the first season hit a sweet spot and had perfect timing when it was released, but that first run was pleeeeenty. There's not enough depth to this nostalgia shit to keep people watching indefinitely, all surface vibes man. 13 hour season? gtfo

Yeah the episode lengths in this season are ridiculous. It's a bunch of movies, basically. Still, I've started it and will probably keep going. My g/f is definitely discouraged by the runtimes though. She may drop out.

• Like 2

Louis Theroux: Forbidden America episode 2

I didn't think I'd be able to sit through another in this series after the initial episode, but this one was pretty enjoyable with an almost Weird Weekends feel to it featuring a more relaxed Louis, in his element dealing with the underground rap scene in Florida. 

• Like 1

Kids on the Slope:  I remember watching the first 2 episodes of this show years ago and it disappeared before I could finish it.  Found the entire show on youtube and binged it.  Some great musical animations and story.

synopsis:

Kaoru Nishimi is an intelligent, introverted first-year high school student from a wealthy family who moves to different cities frequently as a result of his father's career; consequently, he has never made lasting friendships. In the summer of 1966, he relocates from Yokosuka, Kanagawa to Sasebo, Nagasaki to live with his extended family. On his first day of school he encounters Sentarō Kawabuchi, a delinquent student feared by his classmates. Sentarō's love of jazz music inspires Kaoru to study the genre, and the two boys begin to develop a close friendship through jazz sessions at a record shop owned by the family of Ritsuko Mukae, a classmate. The slice of life series follows Kaoru, Sentarō, and Ritsuko over the course of their three years of high school, and the relationships that develop among and between them.

this account has the whole season uploaded:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkl9m85rjIbmvrtOS7pshg

barry season 3 is awesome

My Brilliant Friend is a masterpiece

love on the spectrum is funny

new atlanta.... what happened?

better call saul season 6, hope it gets better

Succession new season just doesnt seeem nearly as strong

The sopranos is by far the best v show of all time, and its not even remotely close. but i dislike the last season quite a bit.

The office is better then Seinfeld

Edited by watmmisdead
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:01 PM, Silent Member said:

Atlanta season 3 is awesome, wtf. Not quite up to speed, but everything has been super duper so far.

Edit: it's been more of an Afro-American Black Mirror than the previous seasons though. It's like he took the Teddy Perkins episode and ran with it. More interesting take anyway imo.

I retract my statement. He aimed too high.

I don't know how I missed We Own This City until now. just started this and it's great so far, I'm excited to see where it goes.

14 hours ago, Boxus said:

I don't know how I missed We Own This City until now. just started this and it's great so far, I'm excited to see where it goes.

Just finished watching it and enjoyed it. Huge number of ex-Wire cast members which was great.

• Like 1

Watched the first two episodes from the latest season of a very British scandal (or whatever it’s called) and it’s good. I’m usually unable to get into shows where every character is an asshole but something about this actually works for me. 

21 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Yeah the episode lengths in this season are ridiculous. It's a bunch of movies, basically. Still, I've started it and will probably keep going. My g/f is definitely discouraged by the runtimes though. She may drop out.

For real, the finale is 1 hr 40 min. long, and it’s boring as shit.

On 6/2/2022 at 1:14 PM, Silent Member said:

old man tooth GIF

I absolutely loved the new season.  They did something right, it's far better than 2 or 3.  Up there with Season 1 imho.

• Facepalm 1

watching Atlanta tonight, and that actually WAS Jai Paul in season 3, I thought maybe it was his brother A.K. as he looks heavier now, with a dumber Backstreet Boys hairdo

Jai_Paul_Atlanta.jpg

• Facepalm 1

HBO dropping raised by wolves is a pity, I hope someone else picks it up like how amazon rescued the expanse.

Anyway:

Moon Knight. Like Wanda vision, starts with an interesting premise then progressively devolves into generic bleh.

Severance: pretty cool, but dat cliff hanger ending is a F.U. move and I'm certain it will pull a Westworld and completely cheapen the concept in future seasons cus it's got nowhere interesting to go from here, we'll see.

Stranger things: meh. Can't care for most of the plot points save for the main one in hawkings, doesn't resolve anything, whole season feels like an ad for the next one.

the boys: so far I'm uninterested, feels like how the walking dead turned into a soap opera.

Better call Saul: fantastic. Can't wait for next half of the season.

• Like 1