IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

15 hours ago, MadellisTheSixth said:

finally watching Evangelion.very pretty colours.

Elfen Lied also is next I think, maybe Serial Experiments Lain

I remember thinking that the only good part of Elfen Lied was that first scene or episode with the lady with the telopathic powers and thought I was in for a really interesting show after first seeing it. But really that is the best part of the whole show, and it quickly becomes similar to one of those Harem animes.

Btw if you haven't seen Mushishi, you must. Probably the best Anime I saw in 2019 at least.

On 12/19/2019 at 6:41 PM, Rubin Farr said:

The final entry in the Watchmen Peteypedia reveals Agent Pete was fired after his boss discovered the web site.  Pete was also revealed to be Lube Man.

https://www.hbo.com/content/dam/hbodata/series/watchmen/peteypedia/09/memo-dale-petey.pdf

IMG_0415.JPG

When I first saw him I knew it was Petey. I think he was the only person with that body type in the show.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Ah also anyone here think there should be a season 2? No earthly clue where they could go since the show not only wraps up itself, but also wraps up the original comic. 

I do wish there was more of Looking Glass and Laurie. I feel they really didn't get much to do in the finale.... well they did an important thing though it didn't feel like it. IDK what they would do with LG but Laurie still needs to get Night Owl out of prison.

Edited by Brisbot

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

A Looking Glass centric show with a True Detective type bend could be great.

LG joins the FBI with Laurie and solves crimes with the overarching plot to get Night Owl out of prison. I'm game.

• Like 1

Have watched first three episodes of The Witcher. Definitely was interesting but episode 3 is definitely the 'hook' episode that makes you wanna watch the rest of the season. 
am i missing something with this show? watched 4 episodes, none of it makes any sense. the continuity and story seems all messed up? is it jumping around in time? why are people who died turning up again? what the fuck is going on?

On 12/21/2019 at 4:30 PM, Enthusiast said:

A Watchmen story set before the graphic novel would be cool. Has anyone read the Before Watchmen books? I didn't bother because Moore had nothing to do with them but I'm hungry for more now.

Not to be too spoilery, but this is how Doomsday Clock ended in DC:

IMG_0379.PNG

42 minutes ago, BCM said:
23 hours ago, Brisbot said:
Have watched first three episodes of The Witcher. Definitely was interesting but episode 3 is definitely the 'hook' episode that makes you wanna watch the rest of the season. 

am i missing something with this show? watched 4 episodes, none of it makes any sense. the continuity and story seems all messed up? is it jumping around in time? why are people who died turning up again? what the fuck is going on?

Yeah, the timeline can be confusing for a newcomer. All I can say is that it really helps if you've read the original two (short story) Witcher books. Or played the games. 

My GF and I are binging Succession, what a captivating show. The characters are beyond loathsome and yet we’re begging for more. It feels like a mix between GOT (or its imaginary Lannister centered spin-off), House of Cards and bizarro Arrested Development ^^

Tried to watch The Witcher but stopped after a few minutes : acting was hideous, so were the music and overall direction/esthetics. Am I missing something ?

Edited by Nil

12 hours ago, Nil said:

My GF and I are binging Succession, what a captivating show. The characters are beyond loathsome and yet we’re begging for more. It feels like a mix between GOT (or its imaginary Lannister centered spin-off), House of Cards and bizarro Arrested Development ^^

Tried to watch The Witcher but stopped after a few minutes : acting was hideous, so were the music and overall direction/esthetics. Am I missing something ?

Succession is a triumph. I haven't been that excited for weekly programming since breaking bad and I hated to see it end. Fingers crossed for a season 3.

Yeah, the timeline can be confusing for a newcomer. All I can say is that it really helps if you've read the original two (short story) Witcher books. Or played the games. 

hmmm thanks, I'll stick with it...I am actually playing The Witcher 3 on Nintendo Switch currently but am admittedly not very far into it

20 hours ago, Nil said:

I've only seen two episodes, but no. It's terrible. 

Big fan of the two Witcher games I played (2&3), but never read the novels. This shit feels more like some fan film you'd stumble across on YouTube than Netflix' next big thing.

Edited by Gocab

I quite liked The Witcher, never read any of it or played the games. It wasn't confusing to me, though I was surprised by the chronology of it a few episodes in, took a while to realise what was going on, but it was nicely structured in the end. Cavil was good, and yer one who plays Yennefer was very good too (her transformation from her younger self was very well done). It's quite silly, and filled with high fantasy cliché, but it had enough humor... it didn't take itself too seriously. The fight choreography was very good in the first episode, was hoping they would keep that up, but was pretty disappointing on that front for the rest of the series.

I'm on episode 6 now, still enjoy the show. It swings between good and cheesy and bad at times but is still entertaining to watch. The only problem for me is that I find myself caring/interested about only a few characters when they are going for a GoT vibe.

23 hours ago, BCM said:
On 12/21/2019 at 6:40 PM, Brisbot said:

yes there are 3 separate timelines that come together, each a few decades apart. You actually see many of the same characters at different times in their life. It all comes together nicely as you get further in the season. I'm at episode 6 and I understand the whole thing.

I'd say episode 3 is for sure the best episode so far. 

1 hour ago, Gocab said:

I've only seen two episodes, but no. It's terrible. 

Big fan of the two Witcher games I played (2&3), but never read the novels. This shit feels more like some fan film you'd stumble across on YouTube than Netflix' next big thing.

I can get that. It at times makes me feel like I'm watching one of those kinda cheesy 90s fantasy TV shows like Xena the Warrior Princess. It is definitely an inconsistent show, and since it jumps around so often focusing on different characters I find myself kinda skipping a few scenes per episode since I only like two characters in particular. You should give episode 3 a try it's definitely better that the first two.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 4

I’m actually trying V Wars on Netflix.   My wife’s out of town for a month and I’m running out of shit to watch.   It’s not as horrible as what I’ve read, pretty fun watch so far.  I was expecting some truly horrid acting but it is mediocre enough to not mind it.  Only on EP 2 so far.