IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Watched The Witcher. One friend who wasn't familiar with the lore did enjoy the show too but I still think that having read some of the books and played the games helps getting into the series. I thought it kept getting better towards the end of the season. Quite good IMO. A bit all over the place but I think the first season is a lot about world building and setting up the characters. What I've read is that the second season will be structured differently. More linear and coherent. Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 12/19/2019 at 4:14 PM, Joyrex said:

Just finished Series 4 of The Expanse. Great series, and glad to see Amazon kept the high production values.

I'm astonished by how terrible season 4 of the expanse is. The first three had been stellar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thiefinger said:

Is it good? I remember hearing that it's pretty bad or at least not faithful to the lore or something.

From what I gather from the Polski viewers, both TV series suffer from the writers thinking they're smarter than the books, but the Polish version is better executed despite a lower budget.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joseph said:

I'm astonished by how terrible season 4 of the expanse is. The first three had been stellar.

Yeah, it's following the books pretty closely. 4th one was a dud.

Edited by Enthusiast
Bobbie Draper is my waifu

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

Too bad; I've been debating whether to read the books.

Do they improve again after book 4?

3 hours ago, joseph said:

Too bad; I've been debating whether to read the books.

Do they improve again after book 4?

Book 5 is widely regarded as the best book in the series. Book 4 is generally considered one of the worst.

I personally liked it a lot (book and show) but it’s definitely a step off the gas pedal compared to the previous book/season.

On 1/4/2020 at 3:00 PM, joseph said:

Really? I thought it was on par with previous seasons...

On 1/4/2020 at 5:52 PM, Enthusiast said:

I haven't read any of the books, so the show is the only comparison I have - I thought all of it has been excellent so far.

Finally finished Breaking Bad and El Camino. Probably one of my favourite tv series now; ended perfectly.

New series 12 of Doctor Who started on NYD - so far so good; looks like Jodie Whittaker is finding her feet as The Doctor.

Going back and re-watching old episodes of After Dark. One of the greatest concepts ever developed for television and I'd love to see a remake of it in the United States (and elsewhere, but as an American, I particularly want a U.S. version). 

• Like 3

Finished new season of The Expanse and series finale of Mr. Robot. Also Watchmen.

Started on Homecoming, and liking it so far. It's Esmail's new show, but weird that it's in 30 minute increments.

Finished the Witcher, pretty uninteresting. They certainly didn't do themselves any favours with the chronology jumping. Last couple of episodes were ok, hopefully they're done with the exposition for now and the next season will actually be about something.

On 1/6/2020 at 10:53 AM, Joyrex said:

Really? I thought it was on par with previous seasons...

I haven't read any of the books, so the show is the only comparison I have - I thought all of it has been excellent so far.

Finally finished Breaking Bad and El Camino. Probably one of my favourite tv series now; ended perfectly.

New series 12 of Doctor Who started on NYD - so far so good; looks like Jodie Whittaker is finding her feet as The Doctor.

I've held off on El Camino.  You think it makes for a perfect ending to Breaking Bad?  I really liked how the original series ended so I've been avoiding watching El Camino.  Also a part of me is savoring it some.

18 minutes ago, cloud capture said:

I've held off on El Camino.  You think it makes for a perfect ending to Breaking Bad?  I really liked how the original series ended so I've been avoiding watching El Camino.  Also a part of me is savoring it some.

To be clear; I meant Breaking Bad had a perfect ending - El Camino is a good coda to Jesse's story. Hope that clarifies things. I agree though - finish Breaking Bad before you watch El Camino.

Started Better Call Saul - so far, four episodes in and liking it a lot. Also started Broadchurch (the BBC version).

i thought it was gonna be a trailer for a comedy series based on the first scene being ridiculous and nick offerman being in it

also, 2015 called and wanted its subject matter back

On 1/6/2020 at 12:16 PM, Taupe Beats said:

Going back and re-watching old episodes of After Dark. One of the greatest concepts ever developed for television and I'd love to see a remake of it in the United States (and elsewhere, but as an American, I particularly want a U.S. version). 

v1.dDs0NTM5NDY7ajsxODMyMDsxMjAwOzMwMDs0N

"Black Summer" on Netflix.  Binged it all pretty fast yesterday, was a nice way to kill an afternoon while recovering from surgery.  A couple of pretty great episodes in it, worth watching if you like Zombie flix.

Of course some of the acting was complete shiite, but other parts made up for it.

7.8 / 10

On 1/14/2020 at 12:56 PM, Rubin Farr said:

What a great callback to Raising Arizona

Fargo is easily one of the best series I’ve seen. 

• Like 1