IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Richard D. James Album /...I Care Because You Do

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope they will release the EPs as well. Especially the Ventolin set is amazing and will hopefully be re-issued as well. The Cylob remix is ace, so are the "remixes" by Aphex himself as well. On has a pretty good remix side, remembering my entrance into IDM.

Warp, do you hear me?

I hope they will release the EPs as well. Especially the Ventolin set is amazing and will hopefully be re-issued as well. The Cylob remix is ace, so are the "remixes" by Aphex himself as well. On has a pretty good remix side, remembering my entrance into IDM.

Warp, do you hear me?

seconded. if i have the money, its going towards those reissues. Would love to finally have ON/On remixes on the record player.

These issues have nothing to do w/ Warp.

Of course they do ! We're not talking about the 1972 ones.

We should thank those guys anyway - without them we probably wouldn't have ever seen an official Warp repress :happy:

Warp, do you hear me?

Third.

I'd love to have those on vinyl if even just for the art. Fucking love Marvanose and Wheeze mix.

i was just listening to the rdj album this week and found this album to have not particularly grown well with time. it's just too damn cutesy with the melodies, wacky instrumentation, and such.

but i definitely wouldn't mind snatching the icbyd vinyl. my cd's cracked and this pisses me off to no end. actually, i wasn't too fond of it until about a year ago and think it's his second/third best full-scale album, only beat by HAB and drukqs. but then again, times are lean moneywise so we'll see.

Guest Ron Manager

i was just listening to the rdj album this week and found this album to have not particularly grown well with time. it's just too damn cutesy with the melodies, wacky instrumentation, and such.

but i definitely wouldn't mind snatching the icbyd vinyl. my cd's cracked and this pisses me off to no end. actually, i wasn't too fond of it until about a year ago and think it's his second/third best full-scale album, only beat by HAB and drukqs. but then again, times are lean moneywise so we'll see.

kind of my thoughts too... ICBYD is beyond classic, but RDJ for me just doesn't really do it for me. Still, I felt obliged to pre-order both

Guest jasondonervan

I was extremely close to hitting the bundle preorder on bleep, but I stopped myself. I realised that as nice as they would be to own, I would probably listen to them once, tuck them away in the racks and not pull them out for another 5 years, while continuing to listen to the digital versions. They've sort of come at the wrong time for me, as I'm now in the process of downsizing my physical media to the barest of bare essentials (music, films, games - you'll probably see some rather hefty lists in the record crate forum soon).

Ordered the bundle also since I am missing both in vinyl.

I think that of the two the RDJ album sounds better now. Maybe because I haven't listened to it that much back in the day. It's more Rephlexy/Braindancey anyway. :braindance:

But can you fucking imagine that these were released only about 1.5 years apart? Drukqs was released 11 years ago..

Are there actually anyone on here who doesn't already own these?

Got them all. But the reissue is on 180 g! That alone is a good reason the get them again :music:

This, and I also didn't feel like paying 100 USD for used, scratched copies of them on ebay.

Archived