IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Aaaahhhaaa, maybe some puzzles need to be approached from a different angle. Perhaps take a step away from it, take a deep breath and turn back and view it in a new light...

(trying to be as cryptic as possible as the solutions when you solve them entirely yourself make your tummy do good magical things)

Guest bitroast

The Witness is already doing my head in. What the fuck is up with that red puzzle on top of that building that comes right after the puzzle that is a 3-in-1 puzzle?! Does it have something to do with the tree?

you'd have to be way more specific, post a screenshot maybe

but yeah some puzzles require thinking outside of the box a tad

My girlfriend and I were staring at this puzzle and the surrounding environment for 2 hours last night. My girlfriend fell asleep, I got angry, and then I went on to another puzzle, but I fucking HATE leaving things behind. If I start something I NEED to finish it. Also, I was having a bad fucking day and today isn't much better...

one thing with the witness, due to the open nature of being able to do different puzzles in your own order .. it's possible sometimes to leave a puzzle. do other puzzles and figure out a new 'rule'. come back, and the abandoned puzzle is 100x easier. 

other times its just cos you're literally being an idiot and can't figure it out despite answer being obviously infront of you :^)

The Witness is already doing my head in. What the fuck is up with that red puzzle on top of that building that comes right after the puzzle that is a 3-in-1 puzzle?! Does it have something to do with the tree?

you'd have to be way more specific, post a screenshot maybe

but yeah some puzzles require thinking outside of the box a tad

My girlfriend and I were staring at this puzzle and the surrounding environment for 2 hours last night. My girlfriend fell asleep, I got angry, and then I went on to another puzzle, but I fucking HATE leaving things behind. If I start something I NEED to finish it. Also, I was having a bad fucking day and today isn't much better...

Yeah I know that feeling. As bitroast said however, best to come back to it later.

Hopefully that completionist itch doesn't drive you too nuts, there is one aspect of the game you'll stumble upon that adds a whole dimension of stuff to do and figure out.

The environmental puzzles, for anyone curious. Thank fuck those aren't tracked for trophy progress.

Aaaahhhaaa, maybe some puzzles need to be approached from a different angle. Perhaps take a step away from it, take a deep breath and turn back and view it in a new light...

(trying to be as cryptic as possible as the solutions when you solve them entirely yourself make your tummy do good magical things)

I know. And I don't want the solution to the puzzle. I just need a vague hint. But not right now... I'll give it another shot tonight and see what happens.

I just finished the remake of the PS2 game Odin Sphere that was now released on PS4.

Sidescrolling Action/RPG by Vanillaware with beautiful hand drawn animation and a really cool story.
There is a PS4 demo on the store. I couldn't recommend it more highly.

uuuuuuugh. having to skim the thread now for fear of witness spoilers again. prob not gonna purchase until ~$10 as i have too much shit to play

Don't worry, nothing will be spoiled at all and no answers will be given.

I solved a bunch of other puzzles in the meantime (the labyrinth ones) and now I'm back to staring at the one I mentioned. Still nothing.

My post was a hint (albeit one that probably only makes sense after you've worked out the solution !)

Wait, are you sure the hint you gave me wasn't for the puzzle that comes right before this one?

Metroid Fusion on a GBA emulator on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Screen controls are a bit awkward, but plays smooth otherwise. Sucks that I have to hold the R button every time to launch a missile. Wish it was toggle like Super Metroid.

And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat on PC. It's like Fallout but slightly more realistic, with survival horror and supernatural elements thrown in. And it's in northern Ukraine.

fiiiiinallllyyyy finished Tokyo Mirage Sessions. put about 60 hours into it and tried to finish as much as i could on the first playthrough, but may do it again on NG+/lunatic difficulty in the future.

i feel like this game will be (/is) an obscure gem.

i also brought and beat Kirby 64 recently which was surprisingly a lot harder than i thought it would be and i actually saw the Game Over screen quite often which i wasn't expecting from a Kirby game. i loved this one as well and might go back and get all the collectables some time.

i'm going to download a Castlevania game from the eShop next. trying to decide whether to play through Castlevania 1, 3, 4 or Aria of Sorrow first.

Edited by QQQ

And S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat on PC. It's like Fallout but slightly more realistic, with survival horror and supernatural elements thrown in. And it's in northern Ukraine.

This is a good series, under-rated.

talos principle is really scratching the old fps puzzle itch while waiting for witness to drop in price. also finally beat gta iv last week so started gtav with my wife.

I loved Talos. some really memorable, well-designed puzzles in that game.

Everyone should check out Gunpoint if you haven't yet, it's a fantastic indie game, really inventive gameplay all based around rewiring electronics, one of my favs of recent years.

talos principle is really scratching the old fps puzzle itch while waiting for witness to drop in price. also finally beat gta iv last week so started gtav with my wife.

I loved Talos. some really memorable, well-designed puzzles in that game.

oi. after blazing through the first, i dunno, 15-20 puzzles, they've definitely started getting trickier. the way it doesn't explicitly tell you how to look at things left me wondering with some puzzles if i didn't have the ability needed to complete it but now i think i know where to look for all of those indicators. some of the puzzles. great atmosphere. great puzzles.