IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Finally beat Resident Evil 7 after playing it entirely in PSVR.

I never want to play standard video games ever again.

did you play Banned Footage?

I played a few waves of Nightmare which is fun, and a little bit of bedroom, which was creepy. I would have bought the standard RE7 but there was only one place that actually had a physical copy near my city and it was the deluxe edition with a code for the season pass. I can't really say right now whether or not it's worth the extra $30.

also, I just downloaded the free VR playroom thing and holy shit, Robot Rescue was pure joy, I got the same feeling I had playing Mario 64 on N64 for the first time ever when i was a kid. I hate trying to show videos because it really doesn't do it justice unless you have a headset on. Apparently a few of the games in there were made by only one or two guys which is nuts.

I would definitely buy something like a Crash Bandicoot or Spyro or some other shit I thought I outgrew long ago if it is as fun as this is. Platformers in VR have serious potential. 

peter-pan.jpg

Is RE7 standalone enough that I could jump in without having played 5-6, and not clearly remembering 4?... TBH I never was big into the RE lore, but this game looks like a proper horror game and I'm curious to give it a try.

Good riddance! Even though some of the games are good, the plot and writing has been consistently lousy.

Is RE7 standalone enough that I could jump in without having played 5-6, and not clearly remembering 4?... TBH I never was big into the RE lore, but this game looks like a proper horror game and I'm curious to give it a try.

Yeah, the storyline isn't as prevalent or convoluted as it was in previous RE games (never played 6). The main protagonist is not a part of S.T.A.R.S or Umbrella or anything like that, you're basically just a guy who goes out looking for his wife who went missing years ago and is in the dark as to what's actually going on. Later in the game some of the lore comes into play but I really didn't even care for it that much tbh, it's the constant suspense and creepy characters that keep you engrossed. And dude, try to find a way to play this in VR if you don't have it already.

it seems to me that every gta gets progressively less fun. characters less likable. i played v for like 2 hours and haven't put it back in.

also, re: your ability to play gta. it's probably not you. the controls are ass

just finished watching a complete playthrough of The Last of Us, which I've never had a chance to play. and then I watched the trailer for the new one. I guess I might be getting a PS4 soon.

I've been replaying it lately, since the trailer got me hyped, it's a fantastic game, and I'd recommend actually playing it sometime. 2 is gonna be friggin awesome, Ellie is gonna kick some Firefly ass!

Definitely gonna have to give RE7 a try as well, idk if I'll get to do it in VR the first time, as it's probably gonna be quite a while til I pick up the VR... I do eventually want to get VR though as I'm also dying to play that Batman experience one.

it seems to me that every gta gets progressively less fun. characters less likable. i played v for like 2 hours and haven't put it back in.

also, re: your ability to play gta. it's probably not you. the controls are ass

Progressively ? I thought GTA IV was a masterpiece. The writing, the characters, DLC included, the way they crossed paths, plus Liberty City's mood... so good.

GTA V is only a technical masterpiece though. Multiplayer is also way better than solo mode imo, unless you have no one to play with.

eShop purchases on Switch will be tied to your My Nintendo account, so games and DLC can be re-downloaded for free, but this in no way guarantees your Virtual Console purchase from 3DS or Wii U will carry over.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/02/nintendo_switch_eshop_purchases_will_be_tied_to_your_nintendo_account

Guest bitroast

hitman is on sale on steam for £5.49 bargain of the year! anyone with a decent pc and a wicked sense of humour=must buy!

referring to the 2016 game? if so worth pointing out the initial purchase is just tutorial+level one, with rest of the game being sold episodically. hitman season 1 (collected levels from last year) is currently at $30 aud. 

been playing it on and off the past couple weeks and it is so good. good goofy stupid fun. 

I beat Bioshock Infinite again last Wednesday, but since then I've been playing strictly mobile (Android)

War Robots is pretty fun. Basically an MMO Mechwarrior. I love prancing around the map capturing every vulnerable beacon I can while all the other players are focused on destroying each other. More often than not I end up helping my team win the match with this approach.

Nioh is a great game, tons of adrenaline moments trying to get back your loot and make it to the next save, the gameplay is top notch and iv been playing for hours and i'm nowhere yet!!

it's hard, that first real boss with the balls was HARD,! i love the game so far... hoooked!

Yeah, the storyline isn't as prevalent or convoluted as it was in previous RE games (never played 6). The main protagonist is not a part of S.T.A.R.S or Umbrella or anything like that, you're basically just a guy who goes out looking for his wife who went missing years ago and is in the dark as to what's actually going on. Later in the game some of the lore comes into play but I really didn't even care for it that much tbh, it's the constant suspense and creepy characters that keep you engrossed. And dude, try to find a way to play this in VR if you don't have it already.

Jeez, they really did just make a Silent Hill game.

Anyone give Dying Light a go?

Very enjoyable, but much better with a co-op buddy.  A lo of crafting, and weapons degrade pretty rapidly.  Get the Enhanced Edition w/ the DLC.

I don't have any co-op buddies sadly. Crafting and constantly rebuilding weapons is so tedious for me, it drives me mad on Fallout so I may give this a swerve. Shame, as it looks cool. 

been playing blops1 on ps3 w/my buddy. man that had some great maps. one in the chamber is easily one of the best modes they ever came up with. shame it's not been in any of the later games

Payday 2 with buddy still, kinda cool to be the good player in a game for once. Also when the fuck did it become a forty gig install? Holy shit.

Also reinstalled FFXIII-2 to scratch my RPG fix, which is still surprisingly one of the best FF games I've played. Fun in all the ways FFXIII failed to be. Just wish my computer was a little better so it ran 60fps constantly.

Edited by Bechuga

DIRT Rally VR

Never been a simracer guy and it shows, as I've gone plummeting off cliffs into the treeline dozens of times already. For me it's a mixture of some really thrilling and rewarding moments in the form of pulling off near-death turns after hitting jumps on the icy roads of Sweden mixed with the extreme frustration and disappointment of trying to crack in to the top 5 of some stupid race around a simple track in clown cars. I've already considered pulling the trigger and just buying a wheel and pedal set but that's a no-go right now, as it's a $200 dollar investment I just can't afford atm. Any of you lot really into this sort of stuff? I'm not sure if the wheel would be worth it but it sounds like an awesome immersive experience.