IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

yeah it was your posts here that brought it to my attention a while back. it's getting called a walking sim, which seems to be a death sentence for a lot of people, but i enjoyed dear esther and conarium so i imagine I'll dig it. I can look past some gameplay flaws - growing up being told i would be eternally damned gave me a healthy fascination with visions of hell :sup:

I get told that now, now that I'm godless :cisfor: so there's definitely a common pull. I'm surprised that no one's done a serious adaptation of Dante's Inferno, actually.

I'd like to know when Scorn might get released. And Routine, for that matter. (Really hope Routine isn't dead. Lunar haven't posted any updates since March last year)

rt6v3ux53hy01ynsb5.jpg

E3 closing in fast. New Death Stranding business to be shown, hopefully Kojima remembers to bring a release date for it.

they look like a band :biggrin:

And Death Stranding would be a good name for it :dadjoke:

Motherfucking Pokemon mainline games for Switch!

Megaman 11 looking good - Shows how terrible Mighty No. 9 really was:

Metal Slug XX! And it's OUT NOW!

rt6v3ux53hy01ynsb5.jpg

E3 closing in fast. New Death Stranding business to be shown, hopefully Kojima remembers to bring a release date for it.

And Death Stranding would be a good name for it :dadjoke:

Mikkelsen: Lead Guitar + Vox

Kojima: Bass

Reedus: Drums

Yeah well, at least better than that earlier teaser... Really not into the art style but in terms of new game mechanics it looks intriguing alright!

Saw a write-up about a supposed leak regarding the new From Software project, the same from the Shadows Die Twice teaser (god I hope that's not the name of the game)...but the info was sourced on 4Chan so I'm not even going to link it because who knows. Sounds like an evolution from Bloodborne and sounds pretty interesting...if any of it's true. Maybe. Waiting for E3 and hopefully we'll see something.

Yeah well, at least better than that earlier teaser... Really not into the art style but in terms of new game mechanics it looks intriguing alright!

I think the art style is growing on me... had they done another pixel-based 8-bit version like 9 and 10, I think it would be a bit too repetitive and not attempted to bring the series forward. That boss battle with the fast-moving guy (plus the new gameplay mechanics like you mentioned) looks really interesting!

Saw a write-up about a supposed leak regarding the new From Software project, the same from the Shadows Die Twice teaser (god I hope that's not the name of the game)...but the info was sourced on 4Chan so I'm not even going to link it because who knows. Sounds like an evolution from Bloodborne and sounds pretty interesting...if any of it's true. Maybe. Waiting for E3 and hopefully we'll see something.

I have a gut feeling it will end up being Bloodborne 2, which is not a bad thing at all...

I think the art style is growing on me... had they done another pixel-based 8-bit version like 9 and 10, I think it would be a bit too repetitive and not attempted to bring the series forward.

True, probably better than to do the 8-bit retromania thing to death... They still coulda done a high res sprite based continuation of 8 or something tho... I guess they semi tried with some cel shading but somehow it just doesn't look that good (also it's only on the characters and not the bgs, makes it look kinda inconsistent imo), i mean think of recent Guilty Gears or the new DBZ fighting game in comparison. Oh well, at the end of the day gameplay and level design is everything.

Consider me hyped!

I think the art style is growing on me... had they done another pixel-based 8-bit version like 9 and 10, I think it would be a bit too repetitive and not attempted to bring the series forward.

True, probably better than to do the 8-bit retromania thing to death... They still coulda done a high res sprite based continuation of 8 or something tho... I guess they semi tried with some cel shading but somehow it just doesn't look that good (also it's only on the characters and not the bgs, makes it look kinda inconsistent imo), i mean think of recent Guilty Gears or the new DBZ fighting game in comparison. Oh well, at the end of the day gameplay and level design is everything.

Consider me hyped!

i think everyone has agreed at this point that 16bit and above sprites are way too expensive (which sucks) and opt for shitty 3d models. game does look fun tho

rt6v3ux53hy01ynsb5.jpg

Norman brought the Weedus

I put Ikaruga between my naive hands and wow. I wasn't ready for this but I just want to play it more and more !!!

same. it rules! i see why everyone raved about it back in the day

I have a gut feeling it will end up being Bloodborne 2, which is not a bad thing at all...
If (big if) the leak is correct, they state directly that it's not Bloodborne 2, and is a new IP entirely (though perhaps similar in tone or something to their game Kuon) The rundown makes it sound very good tbh, and is very detailed. And if the leak is correct I will likely be a very happy little boy.