IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

JIM CARREY WILL PLAY DR. ROBOTNIK IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG LIVE-ACTION MOVIE

the fuck?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/30/jim-carrey-will-play-dr-robotnik-in-sonic-the-hedgehog-live-action-movie

I am very interested in seeing how this movie turns out, because the company behind it, DJ2 Entertainment, seems like the fishiest company ever. They contacted the game company I work for and said they wanted to turn the game we're working on into a tv-show and/or movie which seemed fairly odd for multiple of reasons. So we decided to do a little digging and holy shit. We spent an entire night digging up weird shit. Turns out they're affiliated with Sergey Titov and they've just published Wild West Online which is getting absolutely wrecked in the reviews.

wjhisb9.png

Spotted Windjammers on sale on Euro PSN, crossbuy PS4/Vita, appropriate summery game for this hot weather, sure why not?

The Vita is/was such a nice handheld...

Windjammers was a great NEO·GEO game - glad to see it has a second life on modern consoles

Goddamnit I want Windjammers on Switch. I have it on my Retropie emulator and PS4 already. I am currently playing Hollow Knight and Yoku's Island Express.

Edited by Crossword Enthusiast

wjhisb9.png

Spotted Windjammers on sale on Euro PSN, crossbuy PS4/Vita, appropriate summery game for this hot weather, sure why not?

The Vita is/was such a nice handheld...

Windjammers was a great NEO·GEO game - glad to see it has a second life on modern consoles

Goddamnit I want Windjammers on Switch. I have it on my Retropie emulator and PS4 already. I am currently playing Hollow Knight and Yoku's Island Express.

Loving Lumines on Switch, that game was made for that console.

JIM CARREY WILL PLAY DR. ROBOTNIK IN SONIC THE HEDGEHOG LIVE-ACTION MOVIE

the fuck?

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/06/30/jim-carrey-will-play-dr-robotnik-in-sonic-the-hedgehog-live-action-movie

I am very interested in seeing how this movie turns out, because the company behind it, DJ2 Entertainment, seems like the fishiest company ever. They contacted the game company I work for and said they wanted to turn the game we're working on into a tv-show and/or movie which seemed fairly odd for multiple of reasons. So we decided to do a little digging and holy shit. We spent an entire night digging up weird shit. Turns out they're affiliated with Sergey Titov and they've just published Wild West Online which is getting absolutely wrecked in the reviews.

that's funny, i really want to see a live action sanic though.

Picked a copy of nioh, I really like the weapon mechanics, it's familiar enough thanks to its clear inspiration from the ds series. I'm up the second boss and that spider woman is kick my ass hard. Tried a few different things, thinking maybe ranged weapons? Running out of ideas. I have to say the story doesn't quite intrigue me, and also not enough time/patience to read through everything. Good level/character design as well, should hold me until sekiro.

Just bought The Red Strings Club, Hyper Light Drifter, Papers Please, and This War of Mine.

See you guys in a few months.

that reminds me, I need to nab The Red Strings Club. I have all the others, of which I've only played This War so far (quite good).

on Dark Souls 3: I managed to miss an entire area somehow and only realised when I couldn't get into Irithyll without the little doll needed to cross the bridge. backtracked and found the path to the Cathedral of the Deep which I completely missed in my haste trying to get through that area. I guess the upside is that I managed to slog through Farron Keep already - that facken place. obligatory toxic slog level in every From game.

Bought Mario Odyssey yesterday and played it a bit. Today I got right into it must have played over three hours, really good game.

Edited by yek

Enter the Gungeon is rad.

Yes, yes it is - hopefully a sequel will come along someday...

It's not that old is it? But yeah absolutely brilliant, actually feels like something unique for the roguelike genre.

I also tried out the Octopath Traveler demo and oh boy is the sound design in it bad. The voice acting is terrible too, as expected.

Guest Ovitus

that reminds me, I need to nab The Red Strings Club. I have all the others, of which I've only played This War so far (quite good).

on Dark Souls 3: I managed to miss an entire area somehow and only realised when I couldn't get into Irithyll without the little doll needed to cross the bridge. backtracked and found the path to the Cathedral of the Deep which I completely missed in my haste trying to get through that area. I guess the upside is that I managed to slog through Farron Keep already - that facken place. obligatory toxic slog level in every From game.

What kind of build is your character? Did you manage to kill the Watchmen? They're in the previous zone guarding the entrance to Farron Keep. One of them drops a club and the other drops this badass Exile Greatsword. I put most points into dex/str and it served me well throughout the rest of the game.

Edited by Ovitus

Just bought The Red Strings Club, Hyper Light Drifter, Papers Please, and This War of Mine.

See you guys in a few months.

Hyper Light Drifter is like Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Dark Souls (I think?) melded together. I haven't touched it in over two years, but it's definitely worth a go if you haven't tried it yet. I highly recommend a USB controller though if you're playing on PC.

that reminds me, I need to nab The Red Strings Club.

Well, there's a huge bug in the first 20ish minutes. There's a pottery wheel you use to make enhancements for people and the bug prevents you from mousing over the main screen. The cursor just appears at the bottom of the screen again when you try to move it.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/589780/discussions/0/1693785035831539898/

It's been logged by other people but apparently they haven't done anything about it yet  :catface:

^ ew.

player: lemme get uhhhhhhhh enhancement

game: enhancement machine broke

player: bitch fix that joint rn

developer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What kind of build is your character? Did you manage to kill the Watchmen? They're in the previous zone guarding the entrance to Farron Keep. One of them drops a club and the other drops this badass Exile Greatsword. I put most points into dex/str and it served me well throughout the rest of the game.

yes, I killed the Watchbois and got all the way up to the entrance to Irithyll before realising I couldn't get in. my build is high dex and med str/vit.

I'm using a Carthus sword mainly, with an Uchigatana in some situations as it seems to work better in PVP. kinda lols actually, when you get invaded and you get the invader's health down and they start running away to heal, the Uchi's running attack has just enough reach to jab them in the back.

I prefer light, quick weapons this go round rather than the greatswords I went with in DS2. I used one of the great souls (the Greatwood, I think) to get this light spear ting which I thought would be killer but has been kind of disappointing thus far. might be a bit better when it's more leveled-up.

Guest Ovitus

^ ew.

player: lemme get uhhhhhhhh enhancement

game: enhancement machine broke

player: bitch fix that joint rn

developer: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yes, I killed the Watchbois and got all the way up to the entrance to Irithyll before realising I couldn't get in. my build is high dex and med str/vit.

I'm using a Carthus sword mainly, with an Uchigatana in some situations as it seems to work better in PVP. kinda lols actually, when you get invaded and you get the invader's health down and they start running away to heal, the Uchi's running attack has just enough reach to jab them in the back.

I prefer light, quick weapons this go round rather than the greatswords I went with in DS2. I used one of the great souls (the Greatwood, I think) to get this light spear ting which I thought would be killer but has been kind of disappointing thus far. might be a bit better when it's more leveled-up.

Oh ok, yeah the Exile is relatively quick for a greatsword. The Uchigatana seems like a good katana especially for speed. DS2 I played through with a sorcerer build which made the game extremely easy. For DS1 I'm thinking some kind of Faith/Dex build so I can use maybe the Uchigatana and buff it. I played through a good chunk of DS1 when it came out before I reformatted my PC forgetting to backup my save file, so I've been working backwards through the series and I just started DS1:remastered.

Edited by Ovitus

faith/int is something I've never really tried properly. might do on my next run.

delving into the deep mechanics of all the weapons/stats in these games makes me realise what a bad Souls player I am. I just make choices in-game like "does this thing do more damage than the other thing", "does this stuff absorb more damage than the other stuff", etc. I don't even think about stacking items properly for a desired effect in line with a particular pre-conceived build.

edit: which comes out in PVP, I guess, in which I win only maybe 30-40% of the time

Edited by usagi

Guest Ovitus

I followed guides on how to distribute my stat points for a specific build and looked up weapons/equipment online to see if it was meant for my build. I think on this next run I'm going to try to minimize any outside aid and see how far I get.