IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Yeah, that game is too cute, having great fun playing it. (not rdr2)

Edited by Gocab

Still on the fence about Fallout 76. Launch is just 4 days away and reviews have been mixed, from those who've been playing the beta. From what I hear the pros are that the game world is four times larger than Fallout 4, and that overall gameplay is fun. But cons are absence of story NPCs to interact with and that gameplay is geared more towards multiplayer than solo play (obviously). Looks like it's chock full of new weapons and enemies though. And of course more updates are guaranteed.

In the meantime I'm still deeply immersed in NMS. In the latest 1.7 Abyss update you can build underwater bases and pilot a submarine now, though I still have a ways to go before I reach that point, and I've been playing for over a month.

Intelligent Qube is so much fun. I bought it years ago when I had a PS3 off eBay for like 50 or 60 bucks, still have it but I don't think I can play it on PS4, not sure if it's compatible? Anyway that game's worth half the cost of the console imo.

Still on the fence about Fallout 76. Launch is just 4 days away and reviews have been mixed, from those who've been playing the beta. From what I hear the pros are that the game world is four times larger than Fallout 4, and that overall gameplay is fun. But cons are absence of story NPCs to interact with and that gameplay is geared more towards multiplayer than solo play (obviously). Looks like it's chock full of new weapons and enemies though. And of course more updates are guaranteed.

In the meantime I'm still deeply immersed in NMS. In the latest 1.7 Abyss update you can build underwater bases and pilot a submarine now, though I still have a ways to go before I reach that point, and I've been playing for over a month.

I have yet to read anything positive about the game, but I’m sure they’ll course correct it post launch. At least to some degree.

But doesn’t Elder Scrolls online have NPCs and actual story missions? Why didn’t they just replicate that formula?

Being a solo gamer I likely won't be touching it either. It would've made more sense if they made it a campaign/story like Borderlands with co-op play. Kind of stupid to risk dwellers/survivors from Vault 76 to venture out in the open only to potentially turn on each other, 25 years after the world goes up in smoke. Kind of defeats the purpose of trying to preserve humanity, unless it were just another Vault-Tec experiment.

If and when I need a Fallout fix again I'll just start a new run in New Vegas.

I haven't played New Vegas yet, maybe that will be the next one for me. 

Now that you mention borderlands.... I'd really like to see a BL3 ;O

Borderlands scratches a lot of my itches lol. 

I haven't played New Vegas yet, maybe that will be the next one for me. 

Now that you mention borderlands.... I'd really like to see a BL3 ;O

Borderlands scratches a lot of my itches lol. 

New Vegas is arguably the best Fallout game to date in the series. Highly recommend.

Last I heard BL3 is confirmed to be in development still. While BL2 was fun, I would prefer to see less of the annoying, over-caffeinated character dialogue and pop culture references in the third installment.

:catbed:

Haha, cool - that explains why there's copyright credits for the "Tetris song" on the title screen!

That being said, TE is probably one of the best games i've played this year - the music is sooo good, the gameplay modes are varied and interesting...

Now, if I can just clear stage 27's 90 line commitment (got to 85 - fuuuuu)

Is there a Switch release date?

Currently PS4 only... don't rule out the possibility of it making it to PC eventually, but other consoles like Switch or XO? Maybe. Apparently Enhance Games had some degree of assistance from Sony in order to get the best out of it on PS4, not sure if that means a period of exclusivity but as far as ports go, Enhance are staying tight-lipped, presumably to appease Sony so they can use it as another notch for selling PSVR headsets.

Currently PS4 only... don't rule out the possibility of it making it to PC eventually, but other consoles like Switch or XO? Maybe. Apparently Enhance Games had some degree of assistance from Sony in order to get the best out of it on PS4, not sure if that means a period of exclusivity but as far as ports go, Enhance are staying tight-lipped, presumably to appease Sony so they can use it as another notch for selling PSVR headsets.

Yeah, I would reckon limited-time exclusivity, since Lumines Remastered came out for PC/Switch/XBONE as well, and Enhance/Resonair made that game too.

I'm 1% tempted to get a PSVR headset now because of TE...

Yeah, I would reckon limited-time exclusivity, since Lumines Remastered came out for PC/Switch/XBONE as well, and Enhance/Resonair made that game too.

I'm 1% tempted to get a PSVR headset now because of TE...

For the right price, I could be swayed. Just have to make sure it's the second revision of the hardware, I can imagine a lot retailers will be shifting the initial version to many unwitting bargain hunters come Black Friday.