IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I beat Resident Evil 3 remake. I thought it was great, so I don't get the hate. Yeah, it is shorter than RE2, but pretty fun. I think I'm going with Subnautica next since people seem to be suggesting to wait on Fallen Order until I can get my hands on a PS5.

Maaan I can't get enough of Prodeus. It's like pixel Doom 2016 but with the tactical feel and weapon/enemy variety of famous GZDoom mods like Brutal Doom and Project Brutality. Hope the campaign gets completed this year.

Haven't done much VR gaming tho since I got my Index six months ago. I played a bit of Boneworks last Nov but never finished it. HL: Alyx is still awesome - would like to stream it later this year if I can figure out how.

Edited by ambermonke

On 1/18/2021 at 5:40 AM, onecaseman said:

I beat Resident Evil 3 remake. I thought it was great, so I don't get the hate. Yeah, it is shorter than RE2, but pretty fun.

I enjoyed it, but there's a clear conflict of methodical gameplay mechanics introduced in RE2 and RE3 style of action. It feels like a DLC to indulge in more dynamic and less developed aspects of the main game. The constant boss fight comes off too corny narratively

Tea For God looks p cool but I wonder if it's only Oculus-compatible?

This upcoming VR title looks intriguing as well - looks like it'll be available on Steam in April

(I only know a few Russian words so far, but this is just a demo vid)

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 1:40 AM, onecaseman said:

I beat Resident Evil 3 remake. I thought it was great, so I don't get the hate. Yeah, it is shorter than RE2, but pretty fun. I think I'm going with Subnautica next since people seem to be suggesting to wait on Fallen Order until I can get my hands on a PS5.

Subnautica

Loved Subnautica. Underwater Exploration. Immersive. Mystery. Survival. Crafting. 

18 hours ago, onecaseman said:

I could not figure out what to do and kept dying, so turned it off LOL.

You can choose a different mode at the start which turns off Hunger and Water requirements.
The game is challenging enough with those, so I can recommend playing that way. (On your second play-through you could try playing with hunger and thirst.)
I also suggest drawing a Map for yourself with your base / starting location in the centre and with the big crashed ship to the right.
This helps immensely. As you can get lost very easily, especially when it's dark.
Mark the different Biomes on this map. They contain different materials, creatures and plants. They are key to your progress.
Try to find all crashed escape pods. They will give you hints and progress the underlying story. They will also help you find new biomes.
And explore every new wreck you find completely. This way you'll be able to unlock all sorts of cool new stuff, allowing you to get new tools, base expansions, etc...
Most importantly upgrades allow you to dive deeper and deeper...
Diving deeper = Progress in this game. Really cool and innovative design imo.
(this game has tons of secrets)

Edited by MaartenVC

41 minutes ago, Thiefinger said:

yakuza 7
loving it

best game series

yakuza7.jpg

Would you say Like a Dragon would be a good entry point for the series? From what I've heard, LaD changes up not only the protagonist, but a lot of the gameplay style compared to previous entries in the series...

2 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Would you say Like a Dragon would be a good entry point for the series? From what I've heard, LaD changes up not only the protagonist, but a lot of the gameplay style compared to previous entries in the series...

I'd say the best entry point is Yakuza 0 and after that play Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2. Those are absolutely fantastic games. The battle system in Yakuza 7 has changed into a turn based jrpg style battle. It is fun but  totally different from the previous ones. To get the best Yakuza experience I totally recommend starting from Yakuza 0 which is a fantastic game.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2021 at 12:49 PM, Thiefinger said:

I'd say the best entry point is Yakuza 0 and after that play Yakuza Kiwami and Kiwami 2. Those are absolutely fantastic games. The battle system in Yakuza 7 has changed into a turn based jrpg style battle. It is fun but  totally different from the previous ones. To get the best Yakuza experience I totally recommend starting from Yakuza 0 which is a fantastic game.

i started with Yakuza 0 and ultimately gave up maybe halfway. Combat was boring, and I wasn't into the story. I did love how they had classic Sega games you could play inside the game though.

• Sad 1

^^ i had no idea how bad either game was and only tried them for because i like the films. i had played t2 on gameboy but this was exceptionally difficult. at first i thought it was just me but figured it's somewhat unplayable. pinocchio at least looks good.?

If there's a competent Terminator game, the best one I can think of in recent history is Terminator: Resistance released in November 2019.

Movie-base games were generally pretty janky back in the early days of consoles, mostly due to technology constraints at the time I think. Goldeneye 007 was a rare exception. (no pun intended)

Edited by ambermonke

19 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

If there's a competent Terminator game, the best one I can think of in recent history is Terminator: Resistance released in November 2019.

Movie-base games were generally pretty janky back in the early days of consoles, mostly due to technology constraints at the time I think. Goldeneye 007 was a rare exception.

Horror movie games on NES were the worst 

• Like 1