IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 11/17/2023 at 8:30 PM, cern said:

Noob question but is it possible to play PS2 Games on something else than just PS2 and PC? 

Do you own a ps4/5?

"You cannot play PS2 disk-based games on the PS5 because the disks are not compatible with the Playstation 5. However, if you pay for a PS Plus Premium subscription, you’ll be able to play a wide variety of digital PlayStation 2 games on your PS5."

https://careergamers.com/does-the-ps5-play-ps2-games/

Subscription's kinda pricey tho imo

On 11/11/2023 at 3:08 AM, onecaseman said:

I beat Cyberpunk 2077 again along with the DLC. Pretty fun. Went for a different ending this time.

Playing phantom liberty right now too. Good stuff 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

I have star wars pinball for the switch and I think it’s made by the same company. Star wars has the best bang for your buck because of how many tables you get. A lot of these pinball games come with a few but you have to pay to get more.   

• Like 1

17 hours ago, YEK said:

I have star wars pinball for the switch and I think it’s made by the same company. Star wars has the best bang for your buck because of how many tables you get. A lot of these pinball games come with a few but you have to pay to get more.   

Does the form factor work on the switch? I really liked pinball on mobile phones  as the form factor is perfect 

13 hours ago, usagi said:

great, so Remedy still haven't learned 🫠 I absolutely loathed the combat in the first Alan Wank.

It's not the same at all. I loved every minute of it except for the first boss fight which they tuned after a couple patches. I agree on AW1 but your comment is also wank

I agree remedy can't do gameplay right, even found control that's more of an action shooter a slog to go through on a second play (I just wanted to replay the Alan wake mission, gave up fairly quickly).

AW2 is the same mechanics as the og so nothing's really changed, enemies are more bullet spongy if anything.

I'm a few hours into AW2. Really enjoying It so far. Loving the mood and the locations. I didn't like the gameplay of AW1 because it was limited and repetitive, but the concept was great. The combat mechanics are similar in AW2 but there is much more to the game. More exploration, more story, more characters - there hasn't even been much combat so far. I love the sprinkling of Finnish characters and humor which just adds to the surrealism of the game. As of now I am liking it even more than Control, which is a game I really liked.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I'm a few hours into AW2. Really enjoying It so far. Loving the mood and the locations. I didn't like the gameplay of AW1 because it was limited and repetitive, but the concept was great. The combat mechanics are similar in AW2 but there is much more to the game. More exploration, more story, more characters - there hasn't even been much combat so far. I love the sprinkling of Finnish characters and humor which just adds to the surrealism of the game. As of now I am liking it even more than Control, which is a game I really liked.

What difficulty are you playing on? I played it on hard and tried to go for headshots only, made it much more intense and enemies aren't as spongey doing this. They said at one point NG+ will come out and alter the story in some way, hope that comes out soon, I'm kinda waiting for it to play through it again.

I've been really annoyed at Baldur's Gate 3 on PS5 - After the 2nd patch the texture streaming code took a dive and now makes people I talk to look like this:

Spoiler

ZNrpDyj.jpeg

56pc33l.jpeg

It's so bad and just throws the immersive feeling of the world out of the window :facepalm: Reminds me of TLOU on PC that looked like this at first:

Spoiler

XoIgZO0.jpg

Edited by chronical

^ Control was much better to play, even though having to constantly spam dash to avoid damage got tiring quickly. Remedy have a habit of leaving those kinds of glaring flaws in their combat. there's a lot else to like about Control so that was overlookable. not so for Anal Wank, which had not only atrocious combat but lame 2d characters, a goofy SK-lite story, and a general sense of blahness about it. imo the only department it properly succeeded in was the environments and the puzzles. it sounds like AW2 will be better but I hated the first one so much that I'm not in a hurry to check it out.

Edited by usagi

In 9 days Outer Wilds is finally coming to the switch several years after its initial announcement. After the really bad mortal combat port I very much hope this will run kind of smoothly but the long time does not really make me feel confident about it

5 hours ago, o00o said:

In 9 days Outer Wilds is finally coming to the switch several years after its initial announcement. After the really bad mortal combat port I very much hope this will run kind of smoothly but the long time does not really make me feel confident about it

I believe the original studio is doing the port and it's taken them a while so I think it'll be fine. The switch is very capable when well optimized, tears of the kingdom was fine as an example. That game deserves being done right.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GORDO said:

I believe the original studio is doing the port and it's taken them a while so I think it'll be fine. The switch is very capable when well optimized, tears of the kingdom was fine as an example. That game deserves being done right.

yeah I hope so. I played it pretty far during covid. Would be nice to end it on switch. 

Apple just announced a fully featured port of Death Stranding on iPhone 15 which makes me hope the new Switch will be in the same league but with much better controllers and overall experience. 

Edited by o00o

17 hours ago, o00o said:

the fact that they took their time should make you feel more confident about it IMO. Outer Wilds is a doozey to port I imagine, since it's an actual physics simulation of a small solar system.