Stan and Ollie - gave a good I sight into the later career of the pair. I thought both characters were played really well. Worth a watch, especially if you're a.fan of laurel and Hardy.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

Also, going to see escape room on Wednesday (not my choice). Any good?

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

I'm in this "strange and weird films" group on facebook and I see loads of folks talking about watching low-key pedo movies on DVDs that are banned in most places.. pretty fucked! I love weird films but that's not something I need to see to get my head around the art world, really. Watched 10 cloverfield lane yesterday. decent flick. 

I'm in this "strange and weird films" group on facebook and I see loads of folks talking about watching low-key pedo movies on DVDs that are banned in most places.. pretty fucked! I love weird films but that's not something I need to see to get my head around the art world, really. Watched 10 cloverfield lane yesterday. decent flick. 

I enjoyed 10 Cloverfield Lane quite a bit. I've always liked John Goodman... and I think he nailed the roll.

I went into it knowing nothing about it... about halfway through I was questioning if it was related to the original. 

=P

Teh fuck? Is it Serbian Movie/Film or whatever it’s called?

Ballad of Buster Scruggs - the monologue from the trapper on his relationship was hilarious (that whole segment was fantastic).

Decent flick for a Friday night with good beers.

I enjoyed it a lot. I watched The Sisters Brothers around the same time and now in my memory it has become one of the stories in Buster Scruggs. It's good too.

I watched Valerie and Her Week of Wonders a little while ago and was not prepared for the paedo shit, it was not cool.

Murder Party
Big fun, way better than expected! Absoultely chuggs and zips along with great pace. only shy of 1hr 15mins but feels like a well developed epic.

I watched Valerie and Her Week of Wonders a little while ago and was not prepared for the paedo shit, it was not cool.

there's pedo shit? I'd noticed this a while back and put it on my to-watch list.

Velvet Buzzsaw - some decent funny and Jake Gyllenhaal is good as ever, but the deaths really needed more pizzaz. If you're going to do a B-movie on an A-budget you have to be more memorable than that.

White Rabbit - a breezy 71-minute character portrait of an earnest and kinda loony performance artist in LA. Quite good, especially given the emotional rollercoaster they pull off on a microbudget. Basically an acting reel for Vivian Bang but that's not a bad thing. 

T5nFlDW.png

a classic piece of pinku from the master of japanese sleaze; masaru konuma. 

a silly businessman is cheating on his gorgeous wife (yuki kazamatsuri) with a callgirl (rika takahara). one night after doing his business- he comes home to find his wife has been raped. she demands to call the police to report the crime, but he convinces her that it would be bad for his reputation. what will people think? also- can she clean up? she could have caught a disease.

everyday, she goes to the beach and passes a group of guys on their morning jog. one day at the races, a man approaches her. turns out the husband killed the call girl and this guy demands a ransom or he'll report the murder the police. she pays up- but the man reveals that he was paid by the husband to rape her. 

suddenly she's into the rape thing. she begins to fantasize about being raped by the guys jogging. she begins to act like the call girl towards the husband. then things get really good

if this film weren't so vulgar you'd think it's right up there with tie me up! tie me down! with it's upside down treatment of such a topic. but it's pink cinema, so it exploits the women and embarrass the men- sometimes needlessly as the story is already doing this. 

there is a shot towards the end that would make most filmmakers envious- though i think tarantino got the hint and hired ms.kazamatsuri for kill bill

ten call girls whistling outside their shop out of ten

this film was brilliant 

Climax - Worst party I've ever been to. Beautifully shot.

6/10

I tried watching this last night, but just couldn't get into it. 

It looks fucking interesting as hell, and I want to try again very soon... 

I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to sit through another Gaspar Noe film I guess. 

=/

Murder Party

Big fun, way better than expected! Absoultely chuggs and zips along with great pace. only shy of 1hr 15mins but feels like a well developed epic.

thought this was a complete waste of time. I mean it's Saulnier's first go so I cut some slack but I really regretted sitting through it waiting for it to get better. very student project-y.

I lol'd later the same day when I sat down to finally start on the third season of True Detective and lo and behold, Saulnier's directing. man's come a long way. I also want to check out his last one, Hold the Dark.

If you're ever in the mood for a Gaspar Noé movie you need to talk to someone.

I'm never really in the mood... But they do seem to require a certain state of mind.

6/10

I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to sit through another Gaspar Noe film I guess.

=/

Did you see in theater? I want to see but it doesn’t arrive till March and I don’t want to wait that long.

6/10

I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to sit through another Gaspar Noe film I guess.

=/

Did you see in theater? I want to see but it doesn’t arrive till March and I don’t want to wait that long.

Nah... DL'd it. 

=X

6/10

For what it was trying to do, 8/10 for me.

Also the first Gaspard Noë film that did more than merely annoy with lame attempts at being shocking.

Saw it on a big screen, which I'm sure helped.