Star is Born

Damn how cheesy and fantastical

This is a U.S.A that the U.S.A wishes existed but in no way does.

Nobody would deify this americana knock off for a second

Rock is over bitches....transplant Lil Twerp for the Bradley character and you may have a movie.

The more leather he wears the less I believe the mediocre songs would even dent the psyche of fucked up failed state U.S.A.

Gaga is quality though....a talented one. 

No fan of Spring but Resolution and The Endless were very enjoyable.

Interesting. I watched The Endless over the break. Found it good, but enjoyed it much less than Spring. Think it's 'cause I'm really a 16 yo girl at heart so the love story of Spring cut me to the quick. *shrugs* opinions n whatnot.
Of course, I hated both the lead characters so I'm not even sure I made it to the end to be honest, perhaps makes my opinion invalid anyway.

Oh, nah man, everyone's got their own opinion (it's what makes life interesting!)

I once heard a review discussion of Spring amd the opinions on the movie differed drastically dependent on their like/dislike of the main character. Some people found him really whiny/unsympathetic, and it killed the movie for them (I get it - I think if I were in a dif headspace it might not have "worked" for me)

MV5BMTcyNjg0NjM5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODE0

this is the dumbest film i've ever seen. and i've seen some pretty dumb movies but nothing compares to this. 

MV5BMTcyNjg0NjM5MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODE0

this is the dumbest film i've ever seen. and i've seen some pretty dumb movies but nothing compares to this. 

oh man that movie is actually good

My urge to punch a kid has never been stronger than when I watched Where the Wild Things Are.

The Night of the Hunter, for me. My goodness those kids are idiots.

Now seems like a good idea to bring up the kid from Babadook

parenthood.jpg

Babadook.jpg

nightmarish-new-trailer-for-the-babadook

23e3cc31-be55-40e8-a5c9-661cf856a0ba_scr

I haven't lol'd at Dreamcatcher in too long.

IIIIII DUDDITS

Just looking at a screenshot of Morgan Freeman in that movie is enough to make me lol.

MV5BMTg0ODkxNjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTAx

lol

I haven't lol'd at Dreamcatcher in too long.

IIIIII DUDDITS

Just looking at a screenshot of Morgan Freeman in that movie is enough to make me lol.

MV5BMTg0ODkxNjgxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTAx

lol

that's the face of a man who fucks his granddaughter alright

(also that movie is the W O R S T)

Edited by auxien

oh man that movie is actually good

My urge to punch a kid has never been stronger than when I watched Where the Wild Things Are.

The Night of the Hunter, for me. My goodness those kids are idiots.

I'm glad someone brought this up. Was told by someone that Night of the Hunter was supposed to be a taut, edge of your seat terrifying masterpiece of cinema and I spent the entire time wanting to punch everyone in the film (at various points in time), the director and, ultimately, myself for watching it. For it's time, I'm sure it was amazeballs but shit has not aged well at ALL. 

Tho do like the reference to it in Do The Right Thing.. .

b2606a20-a601-11e6-b57d-a353e7c0908b-800

Other than the kids (and to a point, Shelley Winters), I love The Night of the Hunter. It's like a very self-conscious and macabre take on Tennessee Williams (and at least for me, that works). Robert Mitchum gives one of the better performances I can remember. And the set design is amazing throughout:

330px-The_Night_of_the_Hunter_%281955%29

FASSBINDER_TOP_TEN_Night_of_Hunter-14558

950245_orig.jpg

Other than the kids (and to a point, Shelley Winters), I love The Night of the Hunter. It's like a very self-conscious and macabre take on Tennessee Williams (and at least for me, that works). Robert Mitchum gives one of the better performances I can remember. And the set design is amazing throughout:

330px-The_Night_of_the_Hunter_%281955%29

FASSBINDER_TOP_TEN_Night_of_Hunter-14558

950245_orig.jpg

I like the Tennesse Williams comment - that actually helps frame things better (in my mind). Ok, interesting - I adore some T. Williams and most of the films I love are of an earlier era (e.g., Streetcar Name Desire w/ skinny Brando). Set design photos are dope. 

Question: If I were to give this another try, can to you recommend anything to keep in mind going in to help keep myself open? I know when I first watched it the pitch was so heavy handed on the "terrifying film" that, particularly in a modern context, it just ended up being laughable. 

Fyre

New docu on Netflix about the Fyre festival fiasco. Anxiety inducing, how they all went along with it for so long is worrying...miracle no one died. Fun watch, but gotta feel for those locals ;(

Fyre

New docu on Netflix about the Fyre festival fiasco. Anxiety inducing, how they all went along with it for so long is worrying...miracle no one died. Fun watch, but gotta feel for those locals ;(

Gofundme has raised over $150,000 to pay the poor caterer.