Turist

Pretty damn good, but the last 20 minutes or so let me down, felt a bit shallow, a cop out perhaps? Not sure, felt like it was plunging deep, but then just skimmed the surface to get everything wrapped up. Well worth a watch anyway. Nice sound design. 7/10 very good film, yes. but. damn.

Edited by Gocab

^ It was good. Besides the 'deep stuff' there were some notable comedic moments that came like lightning from a clear sky: the kid flying his toy into the midst of the serious coffe table discussion, the two guys getting messed with by some girls at the after ski thing and that whole bus scene. Infact the premise itself it pretty hilarious.

Under the Skin -- omlol what a piece of shit. I can't believe how you lot have jizzed over this crap. thank god Lady Alcofribas was enjoying some wine while we watched this and was infecting me with her laughter over each new ridiculous scene or annoying repetition of music clichés.

Lady Alco saves the day/10

Under the Skin -- omlol what a piece of shit. I can't believe how you lot have jizzed over this crap. thank god Lady Alcofribas was enjoying some wine while we watched this and was infecting me with her laughter over each new ridiculous scene or annoying repetition of music clichés.

we can never be friends :(

Jesus, how can you laugh at that movie? You two are soulless

buzzard - a very interesting mix of jarmusch's american dreary nothingness and mike judge's nerd fetishism with a fascinating and despicable character to follow throughout the film.

Edited by eugene

I wasn't that impressed by Under The Skin. When she spat out some chocolate cake I just got on a loop of thinking about Jeff Bridges doing way more entertaining stuff like reviving a dead deer.

fOwigdO.png

went to watch this last night. i'm not a fan of eli roth mainly because he utilizes a formula that's not really my thing: obnoxious characters, lots of blood and torture, zero focus on anything else. this is no different, except this time he's tried to inject humor into the film which makes the torture scenes not really work. also, he lists all the films that "influenced him" in the credits because there's a lot of scenes copied shot for shot in this.

6 screaming chilean environmentalists out of 10

nothing helps a couple bond more than MSTing the shit out of a movie together.

nothing helps a couple bond more than MSTing the shit out of a movie together.

lol. this movie saved my marriage.

Under the Skin was a once in a 10/20 year film

cant quite believe the lack of lurrrrrrrv shown for it ITT

didnt you like the way it fucked with the female predator/male victim role reversals? The Mic Levi score was genius & every time SJ aroused sexual summat or t'other k'blam.....black liquid death for you

it was like sci-fi meets Attenbororough (sp?) nature doc meets a great ass with a slightly dubious ending that brings it down from a perfect 10/10 to a 9.5/10

it was a totally dull, flat and obvious movie imo. the score was a mishmash of uninspired tropes (dissonant synth drones + scratchy atonal strings = wow such tension). the gender "reversal" was pointless and obvious. the cinematography was boring and at times completely cheesy (particularly the scenes surrounding that moment she trips in the street -- really banal, amateurish urban shots followed by a series of overlays my god that was very art student level). the whole black liquid shit was embarrassing and silly. even the vaguely unique shots of the dudes underwater just completely over-stayed its welcome and went from potentially intriguing to annoying -- wow, such blue skin floating in liquid. amaze.

to me the whole thing was like what a david lynch movie would be if david lynch sucked.