Interstellar - Finally watched it ! Well, that was huge. Loved it.

Contact - Recommended by Neil deGrasse Tyson in his expertise on the movie mentioned above regarding scientific accuracy (which is actually pretty good unlinke some criticisms on Interstellar I had read somewhere). Pretty solid too. Didn't age much despite that it was released in 97, I always have at least a little trouble liking anything cinematographic from that era.

Great sci-fi to me for both of those in that it reflects us deeply by portraying our search of what's out there. I have to admit I got a little teary towars the end of Contact, that message on loneliness and feeling lost hit me in the right spot.

Any "similar" movies recommendation ?

The Martian - 8/10 Ridley Scott in fine form, Matt Damon could have been played by any generic white guy. A few too many Wargames celebrations, and Kristen Wiig just looked at people for 2 1/2 hours.

central park (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097033/) - this one is pedantic fly-on-the-wall type of observational documentary (i guess wiseman's trademark) that covers the workings of late 80's central park, mostly sticking to the things going on in central park itself with a few (amusing) sidesteps to management and fundraising meetings. it may seem too dry to begin with (no narration or soundtrack) but after a while you do get into it. it does get you into how it really feels and works without pumping some agenda, which is what current documentaries mostly do. you do feel more knowledgeable about the subject after watching the film rather than pumped up with some activist zeal of micheal moore's shit, for example, which is really quite refreshing.

"near death", his epic 6 hour docu about the workings of a hospital in boston is next on my radar.

^ this looks excellent, where did you watch it? I could only find a pricy dvd directly from Zipporah Films where they have reissues of a whole bunch of his films.

The Walk - a really bad movie with fake as fuck looking special FX. Plus being handed the wrong 3D glasses twice by the non English speaking ticket taker ruined the first ten minutes of the movie, then the two little shit Millennials who decided to whip out their giant bright smartphones and bootleg the last 30 minutes ruined the ending. Houston sucks.

i've heard its the first 3d movie designed to induce actual vertigo, read something about people having to leave the theatre to throw up. could be total marketing hype tho. Although i will admit Robert Zemeckis nailed 3d before James Cameron, he's been doing it longer than pretty much any modern filmmaker so i am really curious how he handled the 3d in a live action movie vs a cgi one.

of course it's marketing hype. 1st trailer looked absolutely horrible. as for it being "live action" vs "cg" the only interesting part that would be 3d (the walk) would have to be entirely green screen anyways. 3d has always been a shit gimmick to up ticket prices, sell people who didn't need new tvs, new tvs (hello 4k) and cover up shitty cgi. i abhor it. you're doubling down on shitty picture by the fact that the projector has to have a polarizer in front of the lens (dims the light significantly) followed by your shitty 10 cent polarizing glasses. most times live action movies are being converted to 3d in post because it only costs a few million dollars (for a shitty job, but who cares!?) and then you can slap a 3d sticker on that shit and charge a $4 premium per ticket). if it's imax your glasses are more than likely going to look like shit just because they're running them through a dishwasher in the back after each show and handing the same ones back out to people with soap scum on them

whatever.

fuck 3d.

oh and fuck imax 'cause that don't mean shit anymore either

Spy (8.6/10)

Yah, I was impressed by this film. Good flow, good laughs throughout (that didn't mostly rely on shitty fat jokes), pretty original story and take on the genre. Overall, was a pretty rare work for Hollywood, so kudos to everyone involved in executing the project.

Realité 8.5/10 future classic guaranteed.

Is it better than his other films? I've kind of liked all of them but I still think they're pretty terrible.

san andreas - a masterpiece. it's really got everything: great dads, cleavage, bad jew dads, mass cgi destruction, wet cleavage, wet heroism, dry heroism, interracial heroism, helicopters, biceps the size of a helicopter, underwater cleavage, godzilla, milf cleavage, america. america.

Edited by eugene

I watched that as well, in 3D. The vfx towards the end where they ride around in the concrete busting inflatable boat were terrible, other than that I have nothing to add to Eugenes review.

qzcBBAO.jpg

New Zealand/Canadian co-producion that tries to be Troma/early Peter Jackson, or BMX Bandits crossed with Mad Max.

It doesn't really work, all the gore is unconvincing, especially the blood being very watery, light red, almost pink.

Edited by Kooch

finally watched raid 2. way worse than the original. very boring and overly gorey. i wish tony jaa still made movies (7 fast 7 furious doesn't count)

soundtrack my linkin park's mike shinoda/10