Yah, I was working on a hover board to commemorate BTTF Day, but then I forgot about it. I did not have enough power, though. I suppose I could make it work plugged into the wall, but that defeats the whole purpose. Plus, it was like every other hover board made, that depends on aluminum/copper surface, which also is retarded. -1 Doc Brownie point for me.

Jobs--- Watched this Ashton Kutcher film a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty good. He felt like Steve Jobs. The whole thing played out kind of like an inspirational YouTube video, but for what it was, it was good. Perhaps helped kicked me in the ass slightly, to make me realize even more how much I am not trying hard (unlike those who work for da man, my destiny is truly in my hands, so I gotta level up, mang). "Make shit that doesn't exist, motherfucker!"- Steve Jobs ... 8.5/10 Newtons

Yah, I was working on a hover board to commemorate BTTF Day, but then I forgot about it. I did not have enough power, though. I suppose I could make it work plugged into the wall, but that defeats the whole purpose. Plus, it was like every other hover board made, that depends on aluminum/copper surface, which also is retarded. -1 Doc Brownie point for me.

Jobs--- Watched this Ashton Kutcher film a couple weeks ago, and it was pretty good. He felt like Steve Jobs. The whole thing played out kind of like an inspirational YouTube video, but for what it was, it was good. Perhaps helped kicked me in the ass slightly, to make me realize even more how much I am not trying hard (unlike those who work for da man, my destiny is truly in my hands, so I gotta level up, mang). "Make shit that doesn't exist, motherfucker!"- Steve Jobs ... 8.5/10 Newtons

the Lexus board operates at absolute zero, so it constantly needs a supply of dry ice, as you can see in the ridiculous commercials. also, The Big Bang Theory postulated that several seasons ago.

Lost Soul - 7/10 documentary about how bad/disastrous the making of the last big budget Island of Doctor Moreau was (the one starring Marlon Brando). About the only takeaway from it was don't hire a giant star (and especially not one who everybody in hollywood dreaded working with) if you're an indie filmmaker trying to make his first large budget production.
The story was amusing but as a documentary it was pretty paint by the numbers (i'm getting kind of annoyed at how procedural a documentary is allowed to be these days, 'Going Clear' was very much like this for me).
I almost feel like you can get the same effect as watching this movie by just reading about the behind the scenes. One of the funniest things I learned was that when Marlon Brando was first asked to do superman he demanded that he either appear as the voice of a green bagel or a briefcase and not as himself, and they were able to convince him to do it as himself with a lot of flattery.

The Walk - a really bad movie with fake as fuck looking special FX. Plus being handed the wrong 3D glasses twice by the non English speaking ticket taker ruined the first ten minutes of the movie, then the two little shit Millennials who decided to whip out their giant bright smartphones and bootleg the last 30 minutes ruined the ending. Houston sucks.

The Walk - a really bad movie with fake as fuck looking special FX. Plus being handed the wrong 3D glasses twice by the non English speaking ticket taker ruined the first ten minutes of the movie, then the two little shit Millennials who decided to whip out their giant bright smartphones and bootleg the last 30 minutes ruined the ending. Houston sucks.

i've heard its the first 3d movie designed to induce actual vertigo, read something about people having to leave the theatre to throw up. could be total marketing hype tho. Although i will admit Robert Zemeckis nailed 3d before James Cameron, he's been doing it longer than pretty much any modern filmmaker so i am really curious how he handled the 3d in a live action movie vs a cgi one.

i've heard its the first 3d movie designed to induce actual vertigo, read something about people having to leave the theatre to throw up. could be total marketing hype tho. Although i will admit Robert Zemeckis nailed 3d before James Cameron, he's been doing it longer than pretty much any modern filmmaker so i am really curious how he handled the 3d in a live action movie vs a cgi one.
My hopes were high, but my hands didn't even sweat bc it looked so fake, and they sweat at the first sign of heights. Plus, the walk was only the last 30 min, so you sat thru 90 min of bad accents, bad acting, bad fake beards, and badly written melodrama in 3D IMAX for no reason, narrated by an egotistical narcissistic French prick, in first person about how great and misunderstood he was. It should have been a 3D short. I fear Zemeckis is a hack now, and I used to love his films.

so in terms of just the 3d effects, you were not impressed? I had high hopes he would have at least captured the depth illusion that most films including Gravity seem to intentionally dial down to prevent nausea/motion sickness. oh well

---

First half of san andreas, not as fucking good as it should have been, editing, direction, cinematography, effects, pacing, not having a single thread (very important for disaster films, this one has three) .. come on guys, this was going to be my the best film of the year.

the reunion (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2402091) - a very interesting, failed experimental film about bullying its long-term consequences, dynamics and reflections on it. the first part is very strong, but the second, and the more important part is very skeletal, scattered and not too well thought out and constructed, and because of that it lacks punch. it also feels like plain integration of more material (which i'm sure she collected quite a lot of) would help things quite lot. but despite all this there are still quite a lot of thought provoking and powerful moments.

anyone else a fan of this guy?

tried watching his latest 3d film but couldn't last more than 15 minutes.

The cgi looks soooo bad in that walk movie. They must have had a real wire-thin budget!

Talking about bad CGi... have you guys seen the trailer for that new Moby Dick movie? I don't know if it looks bad because it's a 3D film and therefore intended to be seen in 3D, but the CGi in the trailer looks horrendous!

I think the scene with the guy falling down looks weird because it's hard to see exactly what's going on. It's hard to get a good idea about how far away the railing is.

I agree with Eugene on everything about Återträffen.

I saw that 3D Godard film at a festival, terrible. His older stuff is terrific though.

The Moby Dick cgi is terrible, reminds me of that shit film about a kid stuck in a lifeboat with a tiger where everything looked like shitty shit and it ends with a shot of yourself taking a power drill to the brain. Can't remember the name.

On yeah, life of Pi

Edited by Gocab

A Blade In The Dark (1983)

Amazing soundtrack and some great death scenes and tension/atmostphere.....but the english dubbing is so so bad.....or good depending on your sense of humour.

"Is it possible you're such a vacant nerd? Your satisfaction is to sit like a frog in the sun?"

4J47WXT.png

Knife in the water is a 8.9/10 if you feel like continuing the blade in thing film trend.

Edited by Gocab

reminds me of that shit film about a kid stuck in a lifeboat with a tiger where everything looked like shitty shit and it ends with a shot of yourself taking a power drill to the brain. Can't remember the name.

On yeah, life of Pi

some reason i didn't mind the effects in Pi since the whole thing was done in an over the top bright fashion, some of the visuals in that movie were beautiful. Im surprised more people here didn't complain about how bad the cgi in Age of Ultron was, because as shit as this Moby Dick trailer looks to me the compositing/blending/rendering seems still higher quality than 75% of Ultron