19 hours ago, kichiguy said:
On 11/6/2023 at 3:04 PM, cruising for burgers said:

MV5BN2I3ZWU1ZGYtNjc4Yy00YTQxLTljNGUtY2Q1NmVmNzU3ZjUxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA0MjU0Ng@@._V1_.thumb.jpg.c7667e53e34fcd97a0664d37dc053f30.jpg

damn that was intense... 10/10 ???

Expand  

Indeed, this one stayed with me for a bit! True story too.   

this is my kind of shit. I hadn't heard of it until now. I'm sure it's going to be a deeply uncomfortable viewing experience.

1 hour ago, usagi said:

this is my kind of shit. I hadn't heard of it until now. I'm sure it's going to be a deeply uncomfortable viewing experience.

You won't be disappointed. Another recentish one which pops into mind is Speak No Evil in case you haven't seen it yet. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kichiguy said:

You won't be disappointed. Another recentish one which pops into mind is Speak No Evil in case you haven't seen it yet. 

on the list, cheers.

I have also queued up The Realm, another by Rodrigo Sorogoyen, director of As Bestas. didn't know who he was till now but he looks to have a number of other promising films under his belt. they'd probably be more accurately billed as Sorogoyen + Isabel Pena, the scriptwriter he frequently works with.

Edited by usagi

1 hour ago, kichiguy said:

wow Speak No Evil pushes that feeling that I often had as a child when visiting friends of your parents you don't really want to see to point where it becomes a thriller. If I can bear it I really want to watch this 

1 hour ago, usagi said:

on the list, cheers.

I have also queued up The Realm, another by Rodrigo Sorogoyen, director of As Bestas. didn't know who he was till now but he looks to have a number of other promising films under his belt. they'd probably be more accurately billed as Sorogoyen + Isabel Pena, the scriptwriter he frequently works with.

Nice do report back!

44 minutes ago, o00o said:

wow Speak No Evil pushes that feeling that I often had as a child when visiting friends of your parents you don't really want to see to point where it becomes a thriller. If I can bear it I really want to watch this 

True true, but imagine that feeling veering over into nightmare territory. Its a challenging watch to say the least.   

watched Farha, the story of a Palestinian girl during the 1948 nakba when Israeli forces expelled thousands from their homes. It’s loosely based on a true story of a woman the director (Jordanian woman with Palestinian ties) heard of growing up. There was a lot of backlash and even something like a petition with 30,000 people on it in Israel that wanted to prevent the movie’s release as it had been branded as fictitious and likening Israeli soldiers to Nazis. Given the context and our current situation I felt compelled to watch it. I’m not sure how much of it is real but it was a sad watch to say the least. It definitely captured the despair and harrowing reality a child would face as a persecuted people in an active war zone. Some of the acting was a little spotty (particularly the father during the darkest moments of the film) but overall I think it was well shot and that the lead girl and the rest of the supporting cast did a good job.

• Like 1

so live-action means real actors and Link is going to talk for the first time? not sure what to think about it. 

the story in TOTK was so well made to a point it could be a convincing plot for a really nice movie. I hope they can keep that level as this is something completely different to a Mario movie where the plot can be written on a napkin. 

1 hour ago, o00o said:

so live-action means real actors and Link is going to talk for the first time? not sure what to think about it. 

the story in TOTK was so well made to a point it could be a convincing plot for a really nice movie. I hope they can keep that level as this is something completely different to a Mario movie where the plot can be written on a napkin. 

Dream cast 

IMG_6543.webp

IMG_6544.jpeg

IMG_6545.jpeg

• Like 1

anatomy of a fall by justine triet.

german wife of a french husband, with a blind child, all speak english too. both adults are writers, offering a blurring of reality and fiction. accused of his murder, the wife stands trial. at times both appear to have a very solid grasp of one another, and at times they're a constant mystery for each other to work out.

this asks so many questions, and draws viewers into trying to conclude someone else's story to their own individual satisfaction. with shifts, both bold and very subtle, this would be one to ponder long after finishing. however, it will likely either fascinate or frustrate.

very dialogue heavy, a little too long. doesn't entire convince me of the film being a result of the maker's perspectives and ideas, as it lacks clear personality. alternatively, there may be so many ideas hidden away in this, that it's not at first apparent.

Edited by logboy
  • Like 1

Watched The Killer last night. Thought it was fantastic. Perfectly paced for late Sunday evening viewing. Rarely watch films more than once, unless they are classics. Kind of itching already to watch it again. Just really good. 8.5/10

That Herzog film about Meteorites looks great. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

The-Killer-Movie-Poster-qckwx33ri1vua1rh

big fincher fan. thought the direction, production design and sound design were excellent but found parts of the script confusing. still very well made, although it feels like a film done to make a point (check that log line) rather than an actual addition into fincher's filmography.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nebraska said:

The-Killer-Movie-Poster-qckwx33ri1vua1rh

big fincher fan. thought the direction, production design and sound design were excellent but found parts of the script confusing. still very well made, although it feels like a film done to make a point (check that log line) rather than an actual addition into fincher's filmography.

he's mad no one liked mank

(mank ruled btw)

• Like 1