Oppenheimer, second time, still boring. The trinity test was lack luster.  Could have been done better. The whole film lacked something

im enjoying older films, 50’s, 60’s . The hustler was great. I watched it the night  Piper Laurie was dying, strange coincidence. Also watching twilight zone, and outer limits, both wonderful.  

Edited by marf
  • Like 2

Stuck on a plane again and got to watch the Dungeons and Dragons movie. I’m happy to say that it was actually loads of fun. Actually pretty well written and put together. Made me regret not seeing it in the theater. 

On the return flight I started watching the new Avatar movie and it wasn’t terrible but wasn’t great either. It’s a lot like the first one but with big fish and less heart. 

On 12/2/2023 at 12:37 AM, Squee said:

This looks absolutely horrible.
The lighting looks like something from the LOTR series.

I wonder if it's the colour saturation level that is making me feel more '300' than 'Fury Road'?
Or maybe there was less in-camera practical stuff this time around. The Fury Road shoot was notoriously difficult...
Or it's simply an early trailer and the cgi is still in progress. I have faith in George.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gnarlybog said:

I wonder if it's the colour saturation level that is making me feel more '300' than 'Fury Road'?
Or maybe there was less in-camera practical stuff this time around. The Fury Road shoot was notoriously difficult...
Or it's simply an early trailer and the cgi is still in progress. I have faith in George.

Yeah, I was thinking since the pandemic, the era of the big budget practical effects location shoots are over. After the debacle that was Fury Road, the studio is just not gonna send George Miller out into the desert with hundreds of millions of Dollars, and tell him to come back when it’s finished. He has done a lot of CG work before with the Babe & Happy Feet movies, plus these FX shots could be temporary for the trailer. 

5 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Yeah, I was thinking since the pandemic, the era of the big budget practical effects location shoots are over. After the debacle that was Fury Road, the studio is just not gonna send George Miller out into the desert with hundreds of millions of Dollars, and tell him to come back when it’s finished. He has done a lot of CG work before with the Babe & Happy Feet movies, plus these FX shots could be temporary for the trailer. 

This trailer looks exactly like what happend to the matrix franchise. Matrix 1 still looks pretty ok today cause they used a lot of practical effects 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, o00o said:

This trailer looks exactly like what happend to the matrix franchise. Matrix 1 still looks pretty ok today cause they used a lot of practical effects 

Same with Pirates of the Caribbean, and the F&F movies, ugh.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2023 at 4:20 PM, beerwolf said:

Also Apostle is worth watching. Mr Cern.

👆

On 11/27/2023 at 4:27 PM, cern said:

Think about being drug and forced to have sex with some totally stranger and people cheers in the background singing. I would feel so sick! 

• Haha 1

most of those SAW-kinda movies is just super boring in my opinion. 
It is only a competition in who can make the most disgusting movie ever but the plot Is long gone. 

A creepy movie can just need a good story and don't need to have 100 liters of blood and gore 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cern said:

most of those SAW-kinda movies is just super boring in my opinion. 
It is only a competition in who can make the most disgusting movie ever but the plot Is long gone. 

A creepy movie can just need a good story and don't need to have 100 liters of blood and gore 

Agreed.

Have you ever watched the original Woman In Black? That's a fucking classic. Imo.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Agreed.

Have you ever watched the original Woman In Black? That's a fucking classic. Imo.

Never.. Need to watch it! Thank u! 

Im right in the middle of Evil Dead Rise now and having Thai text on so my family can see it and holy shit so intense! 
We need to pause it and watch the rest of it tomorrow, Clearly inspired by H.P. Lovecraft with the book of dead

I totally love the dark environment for the movie and good characters that are not totally annoying. 
Recommend it!