The Equalizer

Denzel Washington leads a quiet, worker-bee life as Denzel Washington. However, cruel fate intervenes and forces him to step up and take his rightful place as Denzel Washington. I think this movie is set in the 60's, as the bad guys have their own business card.

Denzel Washington/10

Edited by chim

Moonrise Kingdom. I loved it.

I'm watching a lot of movies lately.

yeah i liked that one too :music:

Not being much of a Wes Anderson fan, I was surprised how much I liked this. Great stuff.

Winters Bone

Good film. I liked the high tension that seemed to run non-stop through the film. Not sure if this sounds silly but the cold atmosphere of the environment seemed perfect. I could feel the chill.

Edited by beerwolf

Winters Bone

Good film. I liked the high tension that seemed to run non-stop through the film. Not sure if this sounds silly but the cold atmosphere of the environment seemed perfect. I could feel the chill.

America does outsider so well dunnit? Also check Two Years at Sea http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359417/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Melancholia

two hours of self-indulgent bollocks that, when you remove the fluff, could have been told in a 5-10 minute short film. it's very pretty and all but I just found it fantastically boring and empty. it did not connect with me at all, I found no reflection of the realities of depression in this thing. the premise itself is so basic that the entire film falls upon the superficial stylistic aspects of von Trier's filmmaking to carry itself. and if you're not particularly invested in him as a director, then you get nothing.

I'm still going to see Antichrist. I hope it turns out better.

MUD - Matthew McConaughey/10

so glad he stopped doing fluffy rom coms and started taking more challenging roles. i wasn't expecting to like this as much as i did, really enjoyable.

next up i think will have to be Dallas buyers Club and then Killer Joe, i've been avoiding the later though due to hearing about a very disturbing scene.

Guest bitroast

Guardians of the Galaxy - fun/10

bit too much cgi and dancing for my liking but overall the fun script/directing makes this an enjoyable sci fi adventure comedy flick.

The Lego Movie - even more fun/10

perfect. animation is flawless. humour is spot on and delivering LOLs near every scene.

alright, need to stop indulging in dumb films and watch a proper movie next I think :)

MUD - Matthew McConaughey/10

so glad he stopped doing fluffy rom coms and started taking more challenging roles. i wasn't expecting to like this as much as i did, really enjoyable.

next up i think will have to be Dallas buyers Club and then Killer Joe, i've been avoiding the later though due to hearing about a very disturbing scene.

The fried chicken?

R4lEYTG.jpg

one of the most impressive films i've seen all year. i can honestly say this was a masterpiece.

Haven't seen this yet but want to badly. Linklater is possibly my favorite director and it's good to see that he's finally getting the real acclaim he deserves. Also, Suburbia is severely underrated. Really captures the feeling of being just out of high school, meandering and not knowing what the hell you want to do with your life.

Winters Bone

America does outsider so well dunnit? Also check Two Years at Sea http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359417/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

cheers, thanks for posting. I'll check that out. Any film about lifestyles out in American woods really appeals to me.

Twenty Feet from Stardom

Yeesh, maybe it's just that i'm not too fascinated with the human voice and find it's over appreciated praise a little tiring, but that aside this just felt like a TV documentary that went on longer than it should, how it won the flippin' Oscar instead of The Act Of Killing is beyond me...but then again maybe it just perfectly illustrates the empty minded nature of dem' Hollywood goons

didn't enjoy/10

Gravity

space survival tailor made to showcase special effects.

Clooney & Bullock bouncing around in their space suits like big white teddy bears/10

Alien 10/10

Exists 2/10

Babadook 6/10

As Above, So Below 7/10

The Taking of Deborah Logan 8/10

babadook. was fun but certainly wasn't all that. felt sure watching the movie that they'd be selling the book and lo and behold i can order it for the paltry sum of $80 usd. i felt both main characters were done really well. just kinda falls apart in the end.

Melancholia

two hours of self-indulgent bollocks that, when you remove the fluff, could have been told in a 5-10 minute short film. it's very pretty and all but I just found it fantastically boring and empty. it did not connect with me at all, I found no reflection of the realities of depression in this thing. the premise itself is so basic that the entire film falls upon the superficial stylistic aspects of von Trier's filmmaking to carry itself. and if you're not particularly invested in him as a director, then you get nothing.

I'm still going to see Antichrist. I hope it turns out better.

man, i really liked melancholia. depression felt really real to me. films rarely stir my emotions, but this one surprised me.

Gone Girl - good film, amazing cinematography, some okay acting, some good acting, loved the score, was traumatized and now I wonder if everyone around me is a psycho. 7/10