Citadel - Little hoodie monster fucks run rampant on an abandoned estate, it's a bit similar to the Come to Daddy video actually. Few creepy moments, odd abrupt end. 4/5. Maybe 3/5. One of those.

Edited by tec

Poltergeist (1982) --

Decided to watch this at 2am last night. The movie always terrified me as a kid and I could never finish it. In a conversation with a friend about well-done horror films (which I'm a big fan of now), we got to talking about this and I realized I'd never seen it through all the way. Now having finally done so, I'm extremely impressed with it. While there's a few minor instances of dated looking 80s effects, pretty much everything about this film is excellent. Well fleshed out characters in the parents you actually empathize with (thanks to the slow building, lighthearted first act), a real sense of menace and high-stakes danger throughout the later bits, genuinely chilling psychological concepts when you think what it'd be like to be a 5 year old stuck in purgatory (enhanced with great sound design), and some really excellent practical effects to give a weight and texture to things like the child-devouring tree or the giant orange hellmouth.

10/10. Excellent film that still holds up. I can see why it's a classic.

You know Hollywood remade this film? Coming out this week. Folken' el', bruv. Hollywood is retarded as fuck.

Poltergeist (1982) --

Decided to watch this at 2am last night. The movie always terrified me as a kid and I could never finish it. In a conversation with a friend about well-done horror films (which I'm a big fan of now), we got to talking about this and I realized I'd never seen it through all the way. Now having finally done so, I'm extremely impressed with it. While there's a few minor instances of dated looking 80s effects, pretty much everything about this film is excellent. Well fleshed out characters in the parents you actually empathize with (thanks to the slow building, lighthearted first act), a real sense of menace and high-stakes danger throughout the later bits, genuinely chilling psychological concepts when you think what it'd be like to be a 5 year old stuck in purgatory (enhanced with great sound design), and some really excellent practical effects to give a weight and texture to things like the child-devouring tree or the giant orange hellmouth.

You know Hollywood remade this film? Coming out this week. Folken' el', bruv. Hollywood is retarded as fuck.

There should be some sort of international tribunal of crimes against the cinematic arts to punish assclowns like these.

Poltergeist (1982) --

There should be some sort of international tribunal of crimes against the cinematic arts to punish assclowns like these.

as much as i hate remakes, it looks surprisingly respectful towards the original and Sam Rockwell plays the lead. Usually im very hateful of any horror remake, but i might actually go see it (and the original poltergeist is one of my favorite movies)

I could actually see them doing the exact same story but going considerably darker with the imagery, and utilizing modern FX tech, and having it be an excellent, respectful homage.

It's a possibility, anyway.

I'm working my way through the Sergio Leone spaghetti western trilogy. Just finished For A Few Dollars more which was great, better than the first. Looking forward to The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.

Edited by QQQ

YES!

lol i was just about to post this. can't watch it until after work but i'm sure it looks great

I don't really get what this movie is trying to be. Drama? Comedy? Dramedy? Avicii biopic?

Probably just a movie to inspire thousands of 18 year olds to make mediocre dance tracks at 128 bpm. Hoping for it to be a brilliant spoof on DJ culture

Edited by Danny O Flannagin

That film looks amazing and you guys are totez jelly.

Its like Primer, but for cool people who have irl friends.

Edited by Gocab