23 (1998) - 8/10 Brilliant German hacker conspiracy theory illuminati confirmed dank

Starry Eyes - 7/10 Not so bad meta horror about fucking actors fucking holloywood fucking you no what i mean.

Jupiter Ascending 1/10 - Lol wtftbh why and what and no explanation at all for wtf why are these things happening must be the reptilian overlord space gangster English actor people who made everything so stupid wtf lol.

Ex Machina

Really enjoyed this; gave me 'Her' vibes with its minimalist future look. There are some interesting thoughts on A.I. placed throughout, and the cinematography is gorgeous for the most part. The compound/set is really cool, and I thought the acting was pretty top notch.

SuheCEb.jpg

First post in this thread/10

rewatched Ken Russell's The Devils (1971), due to sweet restored version finally arriving in the post. Has to be my favourite British film. Its intensity and scale is unadulterated genius. You have this myriad of elements that unfold in a deliciously wicked crimson tide; the slow dissolving madness of V Redgrave's suppressed desires, the French court's complete moral corruption & Oliver Reed completely OWNING T'INGS. Derek Jarman did all the sets + the cast is packed with familiar character actor faces from that whole era.

If you've been forced to watch as many low resolution flicks on a laptop alongside damp watery excavation trenches as i have, these restored prints on a decent home-screen (granted not like watching Blade Runner in t'cinema) are heaven-sent.

Infinity/10

d6QaBes.png

well, this was something. it's a documentary about a little girl (i think 6 years old) who was molested by her father as a baby and now suffering from an extreme case of reactive attachment disorder (basically she's a serial killer in the making). she spends the entire first half of the documentary talking about how she's wants (and has tried) to kill her brother and adoptive parents. she also loves to stick pins into the family dogs. one day the mother leaves her with a bunch of baby birds. when she comes back to check on her they're all dead- their necks have been broken. she also masturbates constantly to the point where her vagina bleeds. it's unbelievable how damaged this child is (was)

btw: watching this film gave me a very uncomfortable feeling. i realized, people who have some kind of attachment disorder (especially feral children) also lack an ability to be disgusted. for example, genie could play around with puke like it was an interesting substance, or poke around at feces curiously without being offended by the smell. in the same instance, this girl explains how she'd be knocking her brothers head against a concrete wall to the point where he's bleeding and he's screaming for her to stop, but it wouldn't phase her in the least. nor would her own injuries from masturbating. in fact, her mom catches her masturbating in a parking lot outside a mall. when she explains one shouldn't perform private acts in public, she seems not to "get it" and continues doing it

the doctor who treats her was later (somehow) involved in the death of a girl who was being treated for the same disorder and convicted.

Edited by Nebraska

Noah - Hello m8, I saw the birds and snakes get on but literally you missed a fuck load of a other fuckers and then you let your brother not take her sexy new friend on so he told you to fuck off I'M PRETTY SURE EVERYONE (on the ark) IS A DICKHEAD.

The Number 23 - lolwut/510

the 'reveal' at the end of the movie is a fascinating case study on how someone could take the whole 'surprise ending' flashback template to the most extreme place possible, from what I remember the reveal in the movie lasted for something like 10-15 minutes

I just couldn't stand watching Jim Carrey humping away all bare assed and such. Not to mention the fact that it wasn't a good movie.

Just watched "Extract" , pretty funny. Mike Judge is always a hit.

cobain-montage of heck, dunno bout this one,come away from it feeling like it made kurt look pretty bad,don,t know what the point was really, its getting some good reviews but i didn,t really enjoy it apart from the music/live stuff 5/10

aye that was a hard watch and i dont think they got the tone at all right

thought the animated sections took away from the gravitas, but you see the end coming when his folks split and then the music takes off.... + the whole junk/pregnancy nightmare was utterly disturbing

thought his Ma was a pretty fucked up influence & individual too