idiocracy is an amazing movie. hilarious and frightening at the same time. the doctor's office is one of my favorite parts

the final third or so is fairly shitty, but it's great up til then. the derp genealogy at the start is brilliant.

Mad Max: Fury Road

Dang, happy to call it a masterpiece. Non-stop awesome. No shame in the game. He did it RIGHT, son!

10/10

idiocracy is an amazing movie. hilarious and frightening at the same time. the doctor's office is one of my favorite parts

the final third or so is fairly shitty, but it's great up til then. the derp genealogy at the start is brilliant.

i wouldn't say it's "shitty" i watched it again last year after not having seen it in ages. it's definitely the weakest part of the film for sure. the first shot of the secretary of education gets me every time.

i like money

weclome to costco. i love you

welcome to me - i thought this was pretty good. it's kinda like louie ck's "shit ass pet fuckers" bit mixed with a lot of tim and eric tv aesthetic (i have a feeling that carol krabit having a small role in there is not a coincidence). very quick paced and feels pretty light and effortless while having very disturbing undertones, though a bit bogged down by some of the conventional indie-comedy-drama tropes. still it's pretty original and thought provoking.

Edited by eugene

in fact i'll upgrade my "pretty good" to "really great", as it kinda threw me off balance and i didn't know what to make of it at first, but now the more i think/read about it the more brilliant it seems. didn't even mention wiig who was spectacular.

Mad Max Fury Road - pretty fuckin decent! Haven't seen the originals so will go back and watch em. 8/10. The reflective/none action bits were a bit boring. The rest was 10/10 insane action.

in fact i'll upgrade my "pretty good" to "really great", as it kinda threw me off balance and i didn't know what to make of it at first, but now the more i think/read about it the more brilliant it seems. didn't even mention wiig who was spectacular.

just watched this, wtf!? I was expecting it to be another dull indie comedy/drama like Wiig has been churning out the last few years, it was fucking bizarre though. I have no idea what to make of it, it was an experience anyway.

uuBOSeb.jpg

well, this was disappointing. i loved the first film, "kind of" enjoyed the second (had some boring parts) but this one was so bad i actually was thinking about leaving. there's too much dialogue that doesn't drive the movie because EVERYTHING IS BEING SHOUTED- annnnnnddddd theeeennnnn evvvverrrytttthiiiiing iiiiiiiiiiiiiissss spooooookkkkkeeennnnn liiiiiiikkkkkkkeeee ttthhhiiiissss AHHHHH!!!! see how annoying that is? now imagine 2 hours of that

Mad max was painful. They actually put a lot of effort into some things (detail, action) which I acknowledge and respect. But none of the characters had any meat to them. Really really sad, but I guess that's the current state of popular cinema. Without characters to care about, I found myself totally uninvested in the movie, so the non-stop action began to feel like a drag after 1/3 of the movie.

It's sad, cause I watched Mad Maxes 1&2 the same day and for tbe first time. You can't really compare the new one to pt1, but you can to pt2. And however silly the characters are there, they lift the movie to a totally different level than this sad piece of crap.

Mad max was painful. They actually put a lot of effort into some things (detail, action) which I acknowledge and respect. But none of the characters had any meat to them. Really really sad, but I guess that's the current state of popular cinema. Without characters to care about, I found myself totally uninvested in the movie, so the non-stop action began to feel like a drag after 1/3 of the movie.

It's sad, cause I watched Mad Maxes 1&2 the same day and for tbe first time. You can't really compare the new one to pt1, but you can to pt2. And however silly the characters are there, they lift the movie to a totally different level than this sad piece of crap.

I don't see how Mad Max is related in anyway to the current state of popular cinema.

kingsman - pretty good actually, wasn't expecting much but was very well directed, fight scenes were really well done, lots of inventive shit going on, the symphony of exploding heads was brilliant. super violent as well which is always good.

hot tub time machine two - steaming pile of shite, I think it may have been written by a 12 year old. first one was ok, but this was just a mess, a few decent gags here and there, but not enough to save it.