I wasn't keen on the end of Splice but I loved the practical effects, that monster thing was fucking creepy.

Woke up at 4am and realised I was thinking of Splinter, not Splice, please unread this post.

Beau Travail (Denis, 1999): Subtle, raw, very enjoyable. I turned off the subs, so I didn't catch all the dialogue. Trying to get ahold of 35 Rhums.

Riddles of the Sphinx (Mulvey, 1977): Hypnotic, if preachy. Picked it after reading "Visual Pleasure . . ." & being intrigued to find she'd directed a film. Not unpleasant, but definitely not entertainment.

Ravenous (Bird, 1999): Third time around with this one. I love it. Carlyle is great, & the soundtrack is integrated very cleverly at times (e.g., cheerful when it seems inappropriate, but in a good way).

Is Inherent Vice out on disc yet? That's one I need to watch again. Also Birdman (note to self).

I used to have a Batman Forever stickerbook, the kind you would buy sticker packs for and hope to fuck that it had the rare ones instead of the ones you already had 3 spares of.

Southpaw (a review in poem)

watmm will hate it

but I thought it was pretty good

So much to be

critical about,

but entertaining enough.

a lot of things felt

tacked on

needed to be

explored more

but I guess they didn't fancy making

a 3 hour film

/10

Terminator Genisys : ./10

After 15 mins I was more interested in the redlettermedia review than the movie itself, so I decided to watch that instead. I liked the review. Seemed spot on. Well done RLM!

Dark Places 4/10

If you thought Gone Girl was a bad adaption of Gillian Flynn you'll never want to see this bad adaption. Acting is great from Charlize Theron and most of the cast but the direction/script is poor. Not read the book but i don't think anyone would write a book this bland. It doesn't work on screen. Fail.

Terminator Genysis 6/10

Opportunistic jump on the bandwagon by some producers looking to tie in our modern day obsessions with our little computery devices, how they're all linked, and how they control us and we are SKYNET enabled. That's a very nice premise but fairly poorly executed in this, the pacing is dire, u are expected to sit through some hi tech science time travel stuff which doesn't make sense, a forced love interest from 2 mannequins, and some thrilling action scenes but it mainly wastes the ideas it sets up. Unfulfilled potential. Film it again, just with robots.

Dark Places 4/10

If you thought Gone Girl was a bad adaption of Gillian Flynn you'll never want to see this bad adaption. Acting is great from Charlize Theron and most of the cast but the direction/script is poor. Not read the book but i don't think anyone would write a book this bland. It doesn't work on screen. Fail.

yes, was pretty dull. entire film had about 2 mins of suspense, and the constant flashbacks didn't really work. cast was pretty decent as you said, so it's a shame they didn't have much to work with.

Watched Ghostbusters 2 last night.

Man, that's not a very good movie. Bill Murray gives so few fucks about being in that movie.

The first one is one of my favorites though.

Dancer in the Dark (2000)

Went round a friends to watch this last night after we had a chat about Lars Von Trier last weekend. Great film which I really thought played well with emotions. Will definitely watch again. Wasn't sure what to expect from Bjork but damn I thought she really played that character. Highly recommended.

He lent me Anti Christ to watch next, what are your opinions on that?

Watched Ghostbusters 2 last night.

Man, that's not a very good movie. Bill Murray gives so few fucks about being in that movie.

The first one is one of my favorites though.

i disagree about bill murray giving zero fucks, its not a good movie at all but the one scene where he's taking pictures of the Vigo painting is probably my favorite bill murray moment of *all time*

1:30

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Dancer in the Dark (2000)

Went round a friends to watch this last night after we had a chat about Lars Von Trier last weekend. Great film which I really thought played well with emotions. Will definitely watch again. Wasn't sure what to expect from Bjork but damn I thought she really played that character. Highly recommended.

He lent me Anti Christ to watch next, what are your opinions on that?

I tried to watch The Idiots but I got a bit bored.

Tomorrowland - Lindelof/10 what genius decided to start a kid's movie with George Clooney being an asshole for 5 minutes directed at the audience? Mindless plot, after seeing Keegan Michael Key reduced to a one scene bad guy I had to turn it off. And too many Star Wars jokes to boot.