has anyone seen the film americathon (1979) ? Apparently it's rather prescient, to things like the rise of china as a capitalist state, the fall of the US, etc.

I never even watched this piece of shit, but I'm glad I didnt.

it was better than watching two episodes of walking dead in a row, by a wide margin, and certainly far better than investing ones time in something like the last avengers film. Sure it was filled with stilted acting, and wtf character actions and dialogue, and importantly lacked that magic touch of pacing, but if you've sat through 2&3 of the series, this was an improvement, and i like dinosaurs, was sorry that we didn't get more time to bask in the wonder of them.

the-lonely-island-movie-377x560.jpg

went to watch this as a test audience. it's called conner4real and it's a mockumentary about a guy who's at first a part of a trio before going solo then fucking up. the movie has a ton (and by that i mean almost EVERYONE in pop music today though about 60% are stock footage- might end up being different for final cut). tbh the film plays like a skit and the jokes revolve heavily on the lyrics of the music by the lonely island with lyrics like "fuck me like bin laden was fucked by the USA" or the main song which is something like a donk roll.

if you find that kind of shit funny, and random celebrities showing up- (or andy samberg's writing) then you'll enjoy this. it's supposed to come out june 2016

Horror Express - Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing on a train fighting an alien who can take over people's bodies, a bit like The Thing but not, if you're into Hammer horror you'll be into this one, it's on youtube too.

the-lonely-island-movie-377x560.jpg

went to watch this as a test audience. it's called conner4real and it's a mockumentary about a guy who's at first a part of a trio before going solo then fucking up. the movie has a ton (and by that i mean almost EVERYONE in pop music today though about 60% are stock footage- might end up being different for final cut). tbh the film plays like a skit and the jokes revolve heavily on the lyrics of the music by the lonely island with lyrics like "fuck me like bin laden was fucked by the USA" or the main song which is something like a donk roll.

if you find that kind of shit funny, and random celebrities showing up- (or andy samberg's writing) then you'll enjoy this. it's supposed to come out june 2016

so sad.

i remember d/l lonely island mp3s from their website and lol'ing for days at kablamo and stork patrol... years before they were on snl of course

it seems already kind of like an early 00's form of anachronistic comedy. Like what happens if a college aged Christian youth group comedy troupe was willing to swear, talk sexy and then also talk like black guys. the result is the Lonely Island. Jimmy Fallon totally embodies the worst aspect of early 00's Christian Youth group vibe comedy tho, so it could be a lot more tragic

Edited by John Ehrlichman

yeah, I like Ras Trent and some of the other Lonely Island songs, but that doesn't mean a movie or a tv show or whatever will be any good. also fuck anything Judd Apatow is associated with. fucking Judd. JUDD. think about that as a name.

so sad.

i remember d/l lonely island mp3s from their website and lol'ing for days at kablamo and stork patrol... years before they were on snl of course

some of the songs are pretty funny, i just don't know how well the whole thing worked overall. also, i didn't know they were a real group (until the credits). my gf thought the film was amazing though

Straight-Outta-Compton.jpg

this was too contrived to be believable. also the acting was wooden as hell. everything. came. out. like. this.

i give it 2 bugatti biebs' out of 5

Edited by Nebraska

so far, it looks like 007 Spectre will be better than Skyfall, which I thought focused too much on Judy Dench, and a lame bad guy. Is Spectre in control of Quantum, as Christolph Waltz claims he is responsible for the entire conspiracy against James Bond? Hmmm...

Christolph Waltz is Blowfeld

won't be hard to better skyfall, the first half of that was great pretty good (including some lovely photography), but the 2nd half could have been any generic action movie, there was nothing bondish about it at all.

Edited by caze

^^ the last two classic bonds were 'the man with the golden gun' and 'octopussy' (maud adams is in both those films. coincidence?). everything afterwards from 'goldeneye' onwards has been an embarrassment but 'skyfall' really set a new low.

also, interesting how daniel craig has been out of pocket about the franchise. i'm guessing they've gone all bourne identity instead of james bond like they've been doing since albert broccoli died

btw: daniel craig's first film role was as a nazi.

Edited by Nebraska

About The Lonely Island... I thought Hot Rod was pretty good. Subtle, but sometimes I laughed really fucking hard. But then again, I sometimes do like well done juvenile shit.

How could you rate Skyfall lower than the ones with Brosnan? I don't even...

wasn't skyfall the one that introduced bond's family butler or whatever? imo that ruined the whole mystique of who bond was. it's like if they do a frontal nude scene of batman and you find out he has a small penis. why even do that?