the Martian was such a turd. "Gonna science the shit out of this bro." Matt Damon does his good will hunting impression on Mars. Random skinny guy. Matt Damon jumps through space. Academic respect. End.

just watched this. i didn't think it was awful but i didn't think it was that great. definitely one of the best comedies/musicals of last year

got me a bit when he was crying before launching to reunite with his crew (same way he got me when he was crying waking up in interstellar). didn't really help that the stakes were never really that high since you knew they couldn't let him die

i also saw the bourne movie which was a sufferably mediocre action shitflick

Lo & Behold - would have to agree with Mr Eugene. It takes too long to get to the juicy bits and then misses exploring those tendrils fully enough.

And yes Werner does indeed lob in some unnecessary questions that clearly interrupt the interviewee's train of thought.

An opportunity missed, which is rare for someone with such an incredible body of work.

Spartacus - watched wiv me Ma & god damn this never gets old or boring. Kurt Douglas rocks, end of. This and his milky eyed show in The Vikings were the stuff of legendary rainy sunday afternoon re-enactments as a kid & its good to see how well it flows both through various plot-arcs & its age. MINT.

Lo & Behold - would have to agree with Mr Eugene. It takes too long to get to the juicy bits and then misses exploring those tendrils fully enough.

And yes Werner does indeed lob in some unnecessary questions that clearly interrupt the interviewee's train of thought.

An opportunity missed, which is rare for someone with such an incredible body of work.

Spartacus - watched wiv me Ma & god damn this never gets old or boring. Kurt Douglas rocks, end of. This and his milky eyed show in The Vikings were the stuff of legendary rainy sunday afternoon re-enactments as a kid & its good to see how well it flows both through various plot-arcs & its age. MINT.

b0i8owu.jpg

james donahoe (heather from the first film's brother), his girlfriend lisa (she doing a documentary for her class) and his best friend peter and his girlfriend ashley find a video online that proves (or does it?) that heather is still alive. this footage is from 2014. the original blair witch project footage was from 1994. they decide to meet up with the guy that posted this video online, aptly named darknet 666 and his girlfriend so he can show them where exactly he captured this footage.

everyone is equipped with state of the art headset cameras and microphones so the film is made up of edits and the "documentary" footage from lisa (james' girlfriend) and even a drone (why?), so the filmmakers are aware that it's impossible to simply recreate the original film so rather they attempt to recreate a found footage film that would exist in today's world except of the presentation.

so it boils down to how much you enjoy found footage film and don't mind overly produced ones (which this is).

there is an actual witch this time

four stick figures randomly placed around a campsite in some maryland woods out of ten

How does that timeline match up? The first footage was shot in 1994, this takes place in 2014, correct? The guy and his older sister would have to be over 20 years apart in age. She was older than me, while he's a Millennial right?

If Chewebacca lives on Endor, you must acquit

Brother Nature - the current SNL crew do a mediocre remake of What About Bob?  totally predictable.

Clown - I enjoyed this one, an original premise and entertaining throughout, save for a gaping plothole when the cops showed up immediately in the middle of nowhere.

Poltergeist (2015) - awful.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 - needs more Vanilla Ice

Blue is the Warmest Color.

I enjoyed it, acting was superb, especially the main character, so much was said without being said. I liked how intimate all the shots were, all the close ups. 

A couple caveats, the film had a weird pacing, I still felt like she was in high school by the end of the movie even though years had passed. It didn't feel like a lot of time had passed even though it did, maybe I didn't catch all the subtle changes in mannerisms and decor. Also, sex scenes went on way too long, couldn't help but feel it was male gaze (but there is an interesting, almost self aware conversation about female orgasm mysticism in the film)

How does that timeline match up? The first footage was shot in 1994, this takes place in 2014, correct? The guy and his older sister would have to be over 20 years apart in age. She was older than me, while he's a Millennial right?

correct. the footage is 20 years apart and so are the brother and sister. it never explains the relevance of this besides (i suppose) bypassing and hopefully erasing from memory all events from blair witch 2: book of shadows

b0i8owu.jpg

james donahoe (heather from the first film's brother), his girlfriend lisa (she doing a documentary for her class) and his best friend peter and his girlfriend ashley find a video online that proves (or does it?) that heather is still alive. this footage is from 2014. the original blair witch project footage was from 1994. they decide to meet up with the guy that posted this video online, aptly named darknet 666 and his girlfriend so he can show them where exactly he captured this footage.

everyone is equipped with state of the art headset cameras and microphones so the film is made up of edits and the "documentary" footage from lisa (james' girlfriend) and even a drone (why?), so the filmmakers are aware that it's impossible to simply recreate the original film so rather they attempt to recreate a found footage film that would exist in today's world except of the presentation.

so it boils down to how much you enjoy found footage film and don't mind overly produced ones (which this is).

there is an actual witch this time

four stick figures randomly placed around a campsite in some maryland woods out of ten

So, some reviews say the ending is completely unnerving. Is this the case?

You can spoil the ending for me Nebraska. I'll probably never see it.

correct. the footage is 20 years apart and so are the brother and sister. it never explains the relevance of this besides (i suppose) bypassing and hopefully erasing from memory all events from blair witch 2: book of shadows

They should have made him her son, she went off into the woods like a young irresponsible mother, or he could have been living with his father, and now wants to track down what happened to mommy.

watched don't breathe. it was okay for the most part. the whole "twist" in the last third was gross and unnecessary 

didn't realize until my wife pulled it up on imdb that the guy was the colonel marine captain cliche from avatar

watched don't breathe. it was okay for the most part. the whole "twist" in the last third was gross and unnecessary 

didn't realize until my wife pulled it up on imdb that the guy was the colonel marine captain cliche from avatar

He also was in WGNs Salem. Was pretty good in that actually. If we're talking about the blind murderer guy.

the ending is lisa (james' girlfriend) running upstairs in the house from the original blair witch film and you realize this is exactly the same thing she (and we) saw in the youtube clips at the beginning of the film. is that unnerving?

Edited by Nebraska

the ending is lisa (james' girlfriend) running upstairs in the house from the original blair witch film and you realize this is exactly the same thing she (and we) saw in the youtube clips at the beginning of the film. is that unnerving?

haha. trippy.

does the stupid witch just pop out at the end or some shit?