Bad Timing (1980) - one of Nic Roeg's most disturbing works, even after seeing it a few times down thru the decades

the themes, the way the relationship develops, the chronologically warped editing & juxtapositions, Art Garfunkel (def not Goy) is outstanding in his evolving creepiness & his casting anchors everything together

too fried for Don't Look Now as well tonight, but soon lil red cagoules will emerge from everywhere as will Eureka

The Killing of a Sacred Deer.  9, maybe 10/10. I loved the first half of The Lobster but felt like it lost the plot halfway through. This one works all the way through. Alternatingly beautiful, hilarious and off-putting. All the stilted, weird dialogue delivery really worked with the overall surrealism and banality of the suburban Cincinattian setting.

Blade Runner 2049. 7/10. Pretty alright. Didn't blow my mind and could have been shorter.

The Killing of a Sacred Deer.  9, maybe 10/10. I loved the first half of The Lobster but felt like it lost the plot halfway through. This one works all the way through. Alternatingly beautiful, hilarious and off-putting. All the stilted, weird dialogue delivery really worked with the overall surrealism and banality of the suburban Cincinattian setting.

I need to see this.

92zCi1nFRs4XBPk4k0WUVkP0AsX.jpg

this is a film i tried renting out as a kid. (early 90s. i had just watched rambo, platoon, missing in action etc so i needed to keep the vietnam thing happening)  when i went to the video shop, i was told i couldn't watch it because it was for "adults only" (not X-rated). that word memorized me. what did an "adults only" film show that i couldn't see? i imagined that some people who watched an "adults only" film were sent to insane asylums while others probably went crazy over the years.

tonight i will be watching dog tags, and all i can say is after all these years, i'm finally ready to see the brutal truth of this head-damagingly violent piece of cinema. i couldn't be readier

Edited by Nebraska

Super Dark Times 9/10

Saw this at IFFR early this year. Soundtrack by Ben Frost. The scene in the park early on very white knuckle. It reminded me of that Christopher Lloyd film I am not a serial killer.

Coneheads - your teeth are gonna need work! Reminds that early 1990s America had this mix of 50s swing and cyberpunk going on. Max Headroom, Parker Lewis. That recent Black Mirror episode San Junipero covered it.

Under the Shadow - I've never been more terrified of a bedsheet. Also first movie in like 10 years that's given me a full-body chill. Nice

Honeymoon - this was fine? Perfectly inoffensive thriller that has more going for it in style than substance. Also Rose Leslie.

Hush - I liked this but I also kind of wish the producers had stuck with their idea of doing this as a silent movie. Nice to see slasher characters acting smart for a change though.

The Pass

Sort of a shit, British version of Moonlight

Just read about this film. Less bling, gold teeth, american diner and more meat pie, sausage roll, champions league and premier inn.

Puppet Master:

Surprisingly great! Top quality schlock with all the usual elements one wants. Shall be checking out sequels...

Pusher:

Nicely done, shall be checking out II tonight!

puppet-master-4-pic-4.jpg