Sigh... gotta say it...

David Cronenborg.... we need him back.... body horror master. Why?

All this gender stuff, you born a man and then you feel you are really a woman, or the other way around, whatever etc.... generally I feel, that its your life, or they life, whatever, you do you, or them do them, pronouns I guess, but anyway I have opinions and observations on that, but for here first, a new proper Cronenberg body horror thing that explores that is exactly what we need now, that digs into the subject abit and figures out why, or we, or they, whatever, tend to think this way, if not David, then his son, he's doing similar movies as well.... but anyway, again I have my opinions on the subject, but I'll save them for another time... for now:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LooseLink said:

Sigh... gotta say it...

David Cronenborg.... we need him back.... body horror master. Why?

He's got a new one on the horizon called The Shrouds, not sure of release date, though (and it also does not sound like it will be a return to body horror form).

• Like 1

whoever decided on Cate Blanchett (who I love btw) for Lilith and Kevin fucking Hart for Roland should have their filmmaking licence revoked.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, usagi said:

whoever decided on Cate Blanchett (who I love btw) for Lilith and Kevin fucking Hart for Roland should have their filmmaking licence revoked.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

days of heaven

remaster at the cinema. can tell he wanted a bigger budget, and that what was available might just have been spent on extras hanging around whilst they wait for the right light. has some remarkable photography in it. quite romantic. interesting downwards spiral.

perfect days.

i've seen quite a few koji yakusho films over the years. he's always good. hard to tell if this is a series of obvious observations, or just the right level of relatable, turned into something quite unexpected and charming none the less. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2024 at 11:05 PM, milkface said:

Just watched Spaceman (2024). Not sure what to think really.

I just saw that too, disappointed but was expecting to be.

• Like 1

Just now, MadameChaos said:

I just saw that too, disappointed but was expecting to be.

I think part of my reaction was pure surprise. When the trailer first came out I remember playing it on YouTube on my TV but I was doing the washing up so my back was turned so I only listened to the trailer. When I realised Paul Dano was a spider and not a second spaceman upon actually watching the film I was absolutely astounded lol but yeah the film was really just meh.

6 minutes ago, milkface said:

I think part of my reaction was pure surprise. When the trailer first came out I remember playing it on YouTube on my TV but I was doing the washing up so my back was turned so I only listened to the trailer. When I realised Paul Dano was a spider and not a second spaceman upon actually watching the film I was absolutely astounded lol but yeah the film was really just meh.

It was a huge waste of Dano's talent, but I guess they must have driven a dump truck full of money up to his house. Perhaps if the writing was better? After a while hearing him say "skinny human" made me want to poke him in all of his stupid eyes.

• Like 1