40 minutes ago, MadameChaos said:

Perfect Days 9/10

Loved this so much I'm planning to moved to Japan and become a toilet cleaner. 🚽

looking forward to this. 

Although I haven't seen both films yet, but there's something I found out about them.

The original/workprint/director's cut whatever version of David Lynch's Dune's runtime was over 5 hours, before the studios want him to cut it down.

If you combine the runtime of Denis Villeneuve's Dunes 1 and 2, the total runtime is a little over 5 and a half hours. Don't know if that's intentional or not, but its a nice nod if it was.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LooseLink said:

Although I haven't seen both films yet, but there's something I found out about them.

The original/workprint/director's cut whatever version of David Lynch's Dune's runtime was over 5 hours, before the studios want him to cut it down.

If you combine the runtime of Denis Villeneuve's Dunes 1 and 2, the total runtime is a little over 5 and a half hours. Don't know if that's intentional or not, but its a nice nod if it was.

They used to run an “extended cut” of Lynch’s version on TV, that he took his name off of, the intro was basically concept art strung together over the narrator’s voice. I think there was also an added scene where they “milked” baby sandworms.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2024 at 10:04 AM, Alcofribas said:

looking forward to this. 

#metoo

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

They used to run an “extended cut” of Lynch’s version on TV, that he took his name off of, the intro was basically concept art strung together over the narrator’s voice. I think there was also an added scene where they “milked” baby sandworms.

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

I want the Jodorowsky version pls

Yep familiar with that as well, apparently Jodorowsky wanted his version to be 12 hours long, and just covering the first novel. So, if Villeneuve and Lynch were able to do it in 5-ish hours, I can then understand the studios going "NOPE!"

But Jodorowsky is still alive, and Dune is in the public eye briefly now, why not revisit it somehow? If you can't get a crew, then why not A.I? ..... oh man I'd imagine Jodorowsky playing with A.I.... HOLY.... well, mountain, at least:

14 hours ago, LooseLink said:

But Jodorowsky is still alive, and Dune is in the public eye briefly now, why not revisit it somehow? If you can't get a crew, then why not A.I? ..... oh man I'd imagine Jodorowsky playing with A.I.... HOLY.... well, mountain, at least:

most of the ideas he had for dune he applied to the incal and (allegedly) he wrote a screenplay for it that taika (why?) waititi will direct

Just finished Killers of the Flower Moon. It was better than I expected, largely because I had been told by a couple people it wasn’t good. I thought it was possibly Scorsese’s best since Wolf of Wall Street, though not as good as that one.  Lots of really great production design and phenomenal casting, especially for the bit parts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GORDO said:

Dune part 2.

quite good

I also seent it and thort it wuz gud like

I watched the Boxer's Omen, a 1983 Hong Kong occult film.

And this is the strangest movie I have seen in the last few years. It is fucking bonkers. You might think the trailer up there is some kind of collection of just the craziest scenes. No, I can assure you the movie is even crazier. Everything is so bizarre: the plot, the effects, the camera work, the rhythm of the movie, the sound design, the acting, the locations. And it barely has any quiet moments. It's just 1 hour 45 minutes of madness. Like a nightmare you would have after 4 days of binge drinking. I would imagine that if David Lynch and Terry Gilliam got together and took some acid and decided to make a kung-fu movie it would be something like this.

Rating: Flying severed tentacle head / 10.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

Watched the first half of Oppenheimer. Wtf? I thought this was supposed to be a good movie. It’s like someone sat down and said “I want to make a movie where the viewer feels nothing for any of the characters and everyone’s dialogue is interchange because nobody will speak how people actually speak… and I want them to think ‘Wow. Some snarky writer wrote a pretty witty line. Cool.’ after everything everybody says.”

It also feels like they shot the script and it felt like a really boring soap opera in the edit so they added a bunch of swirling stars an particles every 5 minutes so that it would feel a bit more arty and experimental. 

edit 

Finished it last night. The second half was worse. :facepalm:

I seriously can’t imagine anyone ever choosing to watch this movie more than once and it’s probably gonna win best picture. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Deep Sky. documentary on the JWST. saw it in IMAX and found it quite emotional. starts off with a history of the project, short interview clips with the scientists who helped make it possible. then it launches into those incredible magical images from the telescope itself, displayed in all the glory of IMAX...I'm just sitting there like

spacer.png

• Like 2

the promised land - mads mikkelsen, in the love life of a potato grower. period film with solid odd characters and occasional brutal violence, and slightly bizarre (abrupt) ending that’s a little unclear to me. 

On 3/8/2024 at 10:28 PM, zkom said:

And this is the strangest movie I have seen in the last few years. It is fucking bonkers. You might think the trailer up there is some kind of collection of just the craziest scenes. No, I can assure you the movie is even crazier. Everything is so bizarre: the plot, the effects, the camera work, the rhythm of the movie, the sound design, the acting, the locations. And it barely has any quiet moments. It's just 1 hour 45 minutes of madness. Like a nightmare you would have after 4 days of binge drinking. I would imagine that if David Lynch and Terry Gilliam got together and took some acid and decided to make a kung-fu movie it would be something like this.

Will have to watch that

On 3/8/2024 at 5:28 PM, zkom said:

Experiencing this in a dark room full of screaming and cheering people cemented to me the importance of both cinema theaters and aspirin.