3 hours ago, YEK said:

Damn I’m down for that. If it’s anything like the first. 

Boyle and Garland are back on it, so if the stars align they may be able to reproduce some of the magic of the first. the problem is the swathe of rubbish zombie fic that has permeated the popular consciousness between now and 28 Days Later (like The Cunting Dead, worst show of the 21st century easily). it's going to be tough for the new one to have the same impact because it was so right-time-right-place, being close in the wake of Sep 11th and the new era that brought.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 10:37 AM, usagi said:

Boyle and Garland are back on it, so if the stars align they may be able to reproduce some of the magic of the first. the problem is the swathe of rubbish zombie fic that has permeated the popular consciousness between now and 28 Days Later (like The Cunting Dead, worst show of the 21st century easily). it's going to be tough for the new one to have the same impact because it was so right-time-right-place, being close in the wake of Sep 11th and the new era that brought.

Black Summer - nothing can possibly beat that for a re-do of the zombie genre. Just relentless and damn amazing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, phudoshin said:

Black Summer - nothing can possibly beat that for a re-do of the zombie genre. Just relentless and damn amazing 

I thought it was bland af... and that color grade 🤮 I know it fits the vibe but damn it's basically blueish/greyish b/w...@Silent Memberrecommended it if I'm not mistaken...

Yeah, I liked it. Sorry about the colour grading.

• Haha 2

The Holdovers. I love Paul Giamatti ever since his role as "pigvomit" in Howard Stern's Private Parts.  This is probably my second favorite movie of his behind Lady In The Water.  

Movie was very funny, sad, and has a satisfying ending.  Definitely might become a xmas favorite.  

• Like 3

Poor Things - weird attempt at a Disney film by Yorgos. Very visually stunning with some truly horrific accents from most of the cast. Kept expecting them to burst into song. More penis than a dull night on Instagram. 7/10

Saltburn - Barry Keoghgan was fantastic in this, Jacob however was a bit flaccid and spindly. Obviously love seeing Richard E Grant in anything at all. Questionable music soundtrack. 8/10

Infinity Pool - Nice concept about how rich people are fucking immoral deviant cunts, Mia Goth is great as a manipulative trophy wife who destroys people for her own amusement. Touches on but on no way addresses the moral arguments around if clones are real people or not. Maybe about the idiotic and shitty things people do to try and impress their peers. 8/10

• Like 2

IMG_2963.jpeg.abb2aad0034b46772de5acb7f6cd599f.jpeg

one of the best films in recent years. Dogtooth and The Lobster are also very high in the list of best movies I have seen

• Like 2

11 hours ago, MadameChaos said:

Saltburn - Barry Keoghgan was fantastic in this, Jacob however was a bit flaccid and spindly. Obviously love seeing Richard E Grant in anything at all. Questionable music soundtrack. 8/10

Infinity Pool - Nice concept about how rich people are fucking immoral deviant cunts, Mia Goth is great as a manipulative trophy wife who destroys people for her own amusement. Touches on but on no way addresses the moral arguments around if clones are real people or not. Maybe about the idiotic and shitty things people do to try and impress their peers. 8/10

Sounds promising. I had these on my list by never came to watch them. Thanks for the reminder 

• Like 1

No Hard Feelings was pretty funny, I laughed, I enjoyed it.
Saltburn is slow and boring, has unlikable characters, annoying aspect ratio; it sucked.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:19 AM, ARPA said:

No Hard Feelings was pretty funny, I laughed, I enjoyed it.
Saltburn is slow and boring, has unlikable characters, annoying aspect ratio; it sucked.

Could you tell they jammed Jennifer Lawrence’s head onto a nude body double 

How To Have Sex. This was a surprisingly good, sobering and engaging watch about the (mis)adventures of three gals partying it up somewhere in boozeville, Spain. Handled its subject matter well and decent performances, especially from the lead. 

Rotting In The Sun. This one was pretty barmy, in a good way. Fresh and enjoyable stuff! 

Timebomb Y2K

Kinda disappointed by this documentary. Was expecting interviews and retrospective thoughts on the whole debacle but instead it's just old news clips.

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Timebomb Y2K

Kinda disappointed by this documentary. Was expecting interviews and retrospective thoughts on the whole debacle but instead it's just old news clips.

Yeah it wasn't the most insightful thing ever, but the nostalgia value of all that stock footage hit me hard, like a little love letter from a (seemingly) simpler time. 

4 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Yeah it wasn't the most insightful thing ever, but the nostalgia value of all that stock footage hit me hard, like a little love letter from a (seemingly) simpler time. 

Well, let me fuck you up with heavy hitting shit. 

My girlfriend and I watched old Academy Award shows all weekend including old commercials and news reports.