• 3 weeks later...

Pretty good interview in advance of the Manchester gig: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jun/30/david-lynch-interview-manchester-international-festival

Once interesting point is his take on the idea of playing E17 + E18 at the same time to reveal hidden clues (I mean, I know S. Sutherland already said this wasn't the case, but nice to get a definitive from the horse's mouth here). 

• 3 weeks later...

@Soloman Tump Someone sent me that today, still not sure what to make of it. Is this just high end genderbending Lynch cosplay?

2 minutes ago, goDel said:

meanwhile WATMM is dying.

* sips coffee *

is it, dare I say, damn good?

I had a dream with Lynch and Bill Murray in it last year. Lynch was outside a café smoking a cigarette and I didn't bother trying to talk to him because he seemed busy.  I saw Murray inside, smiled at him and he smiled back. I walked up to him and asked him if he wanted to eat something and talk, he agreed but only if he could order me a bowl of ice cream. Of course I said yes! So we sat down and he ordered me some ice cream, we proceeded to talk and had a good time. Eventually the lady from the café brought me a huge bowl of just.. strawberry jam. Massive quantities. Murray just smiled at me, and then I woke up :huh:

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, chronical said:

I had a dream with Lynch and Bill Murray in it last year. Lynch was outside a café smoking a cigarette and I didn't bother trying to talk to him because he seemed busy.  I saw Murray inside, smiled at him and he smiled back. I walked up to him and asked him if he wanted to eat something and talk, he agreed but only if he could order me a bowl of ice cream. Of course I said yes! So we sat down and he ordered me some ice cream, we proceeded to talk and had a good time. Eventually the lady from the café brought me a huge bowl of just.. strawberry jam. Massive quantities. Murray just smiled at me, and then I woke up :huh:

8 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Yesss. I've been binging this guys TP3 vids for the last week or so too. He's great.

i'm guessing a new episode will be posted soon. as it looks like a monthly upload schedule. and the last episode is roughly a month old.

am i the only one here that tries to avoid any theory spoilers? i feel dumb when all these theories are out there and i couldn't get there all by myself... don´t you guys? doesn't it spoil all the fun? now that someone mentioned that that weird womanly character in s03 is judy i can't go back to those episodes with a fresh head... :(

Same here. Luckily, I wouldn’t say that that channel actually tries to interpret what’s going on. It’s more like a straight analysis of what goes on. But since it can be pretty hard to follow season 3 it’s actually pretty nice to have someone simply explain what is happening and who “Billy” might be ?

6 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

am i the only one here that tries to avoid any theory spoilers? i feel dumb when all these theories are out there and i couldn't get there all by myself... don´t you guys? doesn't it spoil all the fun? now that someone mentioned that that weird womanly character in s03 is judy i can't go back to those episodes with a fresh head... ?

I mean, I think it's good to take into account that all this stuff that's floating around out there really is just "theory" b/c most of the Return is (by design) sort of inscrutable. I think it's kind of fun to hear different interpretations, and kind of think part of the point/genius of S3 in particular is that it can be read so many ways (the one caveat is that I really wish Mark Frost would have not published the Final Dossier, as I think it tries to clarify some things Lynch probably would rather leave abstract). 

That being said, I think there are still things that can actually be puzzled out by careful watching/thinking/puzzling and I find enjoyment in putting some of the pieces together - something I probably wouldn't be able to do w/out other people's thoughts/hard work. It's kinda like the theory that emerged about Mulholland Drive that helps explain what's going on there (I can dig it up if people don't know): knowing the reason why things look the way they do doesn't in the slightest diminish my enjoyment in it. 

Oh, also, the weird womanly character being judy in S3? Do you mean the "bosomy woman" outside Jeffries' room? 

5 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

It's kinda like the theory that emerged about Mulholland Drive that helps explain what's going on there

is it really just a theory? cause, it makes perfect sense, you can edit the md and make a new cut just like one can do with memento and put the pieces together in a different order and all makes sense... i mean, not all, but lots of it...

just saying this cause it´s the only mindfuck movie by lynch which i think i can fully grasp... there's no way i can get my head around lost highway, but who cares, it's trippy and dreadful as hell...

20 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

the weird creature that appears inside this box:

24-twin-peaks-glass-box.w700.h467.jpg

AHhh right. Ok, so that thing is referred to in that episode as the "Experiment Model" (the creature seen in E8 is called "The Experiment").  

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

is it really just a theory? cause, it makes perfect sense, you can edit the md and make a new cut just like one can do with memento and put the pieces together in a different order and all makes sense... i mean, not all, but lots of it...

just saying this cause it´s the only mindfuck movie by lynch which i think i can fully grasp... there's no way i can get my head around lost highway, but who cares, it's trippy and dreadful as hell...

Yah, trying to cover my bases. I would agree it's totally on point. . . I guess what I'm saying is, if there is some similar theory about TP, I don't mind if someone figures it out, because it'll still be amazeballs to me. 

I've been trying to figure out Lost Highway for 20 fucking years (or however long it's been since it came out in the theater). It keeps me up at night. . .

EDIT: GoDEL THANK YOU for those links. Shit it tight. Dude does a great job of focusing on analysis w/ support from the text and calling out when he might be going "out on a limb" love it. 

Also, to fry your brains:

huzsx9iczin21.jpg 

Edited by T3551ER
  • Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I really need to dive into Lost Highway and all of his other films. I've seen and read all of the Twin Peaks material but beyond that Dune and Blue Velvet are the only Lynch movies I've seen.