IGNORED

So there's people who think Burial is Kieren Hebden (Four Tet)?

ghOsty

That dude who is supposed to be burial does have the gothic gravedigger look about him. Looks a pretty intense geezer. Probably sound as a pound...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at it musically, though, I could see how Burial is an evolution of Kode 9's sound, whereas someone like Four Tet's musical style can be heard from a mile away.

Just looking at it musically, though, I could see how Burial is an evolution of Kode 9's sound, whereas someone like Four Tet's musical style can be heard from a mile away.

Yeah.

it's just...

believe-w-hoodie.png

Face facts KH is way too nicely middle-class to come up the darker moods of Burial. His personality doesn't speak Burials sounds.

Check the oxygen levels in the room that you typed this in. There are literally thousands of artists/producers out there whose social class/upbringing and output have no correlation whatsoever.

Face facts KH is way too nicely middle-class to come up the darker moods of Burial. His personality doesn't speak Burials sounds.

Check the oxygen levels in the room that you typed this in. There are literally thousands of artists/producers out there whose social class/upbringing and output have no correlation whatsoever.

yeah I realise in hindsight it was a stupid thing to say. If I could delete it I would...

I think my favourite Four Tet track is actually his remix of Thom Yorke's 'Atoms for Peace' (from The Eraser), but he's done a fair few good quality tracks. His main strength is a lightness of touch in production, sense of space and loose grooves that hang together subtly. His stuff rarely affects me emotionally like Burial does, though.

This one's pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urOUJMTZdD8

Rounds was good as well, but it's been a fair few years since I listened to it, so I can't remember any of the track names.

The AFP remix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7iWEim4sWo

And then obviously the stuff he's done with Burial, Moth being the pinnacle IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCzJQRVbWtE

You know, I actually want to like Four Tet more than I do. He seems like a nice guy. But I just don't dig his tunes that much. Maybe I'm missing something? Someone post a great track for me.

I think this is what got me into Four Tet actually

wow i need to listen to this album again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Atom Dowry Firth

But is Kieran Hebden such a schizo that he'd "collaborate" with his alter ego and convincingly make tracks that sound like both distinct sides of himself but watered down? And then ask Thom Yorke to join in? Also they sound like the work of two different people with two very different approaches.

Have you ever seen Four Tet in interviews? He looks like he never sleeps, and is generally a pretty scary dude. :emotawesomepm9:

lol

but four tet is awful. noooooooooo. idiiiots.

Hey lady, we're officially over.

I <3 Four Tets folktronica.

Me too

Archived