IGNORED

So there's people who think Burial is Kieren Hebden (Four Tet)?

ghOsty

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pfft, four tet would never use the same clickety-clack percussion preset on every other track

whoops, I meant to say every track

Woah gotta grab some ice water with ice for that burn.

when I read his interviews I get the impression that Burial is not a real person but is a fake character created by someone else. I could just be mad at young people though, i feel like Zomby is either fake or a total moron from his interviews too.

Yeah Zomby interviews are so lame I decided to simply avoid anything he's said. I suppose Burial's interviews could be faked in an elaborate Gerald Donald-esque way. I do still think he's a real individual though but I can see that angle.

But is Kieran Hebden such a schizo that he'd "collaborate" with his alter ego and convincingly make tracks that sound like both distinct sides of himself but watered down? And then ask Thom Yorke to join in? Also they sound like the work of two different people with two very different approaches.

Basically, I have no idea why people would think Kieran Hebden is Burial. That's like wondering if literally any other electronic musician is also someone else just because they're friends.

Plus four tet's music is just hard to listen to, and burial's isn't. It would be too weird for one person to have a "shit" side and a "good" side, more likely they would either both be good or bad just different approaches.

is phil spector making music fron jail? if he is making music from jail i think he is behind 75 percent of electronic music out right now including Burial.

nothing in four tet's earlier discography hints at him being burial. his 2005 release was still firmly routed in the "folktronica" (lol) sound, completely different from burial's initial releases in 05/06. yeah, it's possible to switch up your sound, but then why couldn't burial be afx (or anyone else)? what would stop afx from mucking about with the analord and send hyperdub a load of garage-y clickity clack tracks he'd made in his spare time?

they also sound completely different in interviews. and yeah, again, it's possible to switch up personas to bullshit your way through interviews - but then where were the "yeah dnb and garage really influenced me" comments in four tet's early interviews? he purposely didn't reveal that info because it was his master plan to create a new persona years from now who was influenced by photek and source direct, and by not saying four tet was into dnb/garage, no one would figure out they were the same person because of that (lack of) connection? come on lol

i will admit it's interesting the way four tet rode off burial's hype coat tails in preparation for his 2010 lp There Is Love In You with the Moth / Wolf Cub 12" from 2009 (NO ONE was talking about four tet before he got involved with burial, ever since that 12" four tet has had mass #hype around him), but other than that.... there's nothing peculiar about four tet/burial

But is Kieran Hebden such a schizo that he'd "collaborate" with his alter ego and convincingly make tracks that sound like both distinct sides of himself but watered down? And then ask Thom Yorke to join in? Also they sound like the work of two different people with two very different approaches.

Have you ever seen Four Tet in interviews? He looks like he never sleeps, and is generally a pretty scary dude. :emotawesomepm9:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

supposedly it's burial in this james blake dj set (the guy in the hoody who eventually rolls a spliff).

edit: forgot the video duh

supposedly it's burial in this james blake dj set (the guy in the hoody who eventually rolls a spliff).

edit: forgot the video duh

Wow, hadn't seen this. Looks like him based off, uh, all of his other picture...s

I still think Burial is Kode 9. Makes more sense than him being Four Tet.

kode9_burial.jpg

It would make more sense. I'm not convinced though.

He has a PHD, worked in academia, published a book with MIT press. "Black Sun" was inspired by his frustration with the The Sun trying to out Burial by claiming he was RDJ or Norman Cook. He seems too level-headed to concoct such an elaborate persona.

Archived