IGNORED

VHS Head - Persistence Of Vision

well, after much mulling over i switched my preorder from cd to vinyl, and i dont even have a turntable, heh

i like the cover, and i just really dig what the guy does and feel like i can relate to the whole aesthetic of making new things out of old obsolete relics, and his sound, when it clicks, is pretty rad, so it just felt right. i'll get a turntable eventually

now i can only lament not buying ceephax's cro magnox on vinyl, which i was on the fence about

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skam are streaming a track called 'Mutant Nights'. There is also a track called 'Jealousy' - I've never heard it before. It sounds simply beautiful.

Great to see that he's not doing the same exact thing (as much as I'd completely eat it up). "Don't Look in the Closet" is wonderfully funky.

So the release is the end of this week. Is there going to be anywhere to get digital downloads of this? Doesn't seem like they are available to pre-order anywhere.

Boomkat has their digital release listed at nearly three weeks after the physical. I mailed them thinking that it might be an error.

I got this back:

This is Liam from Boomkat, thanks for your email. That's the right release date for the digital yes. The label, and quite a few others, prefer to stagger the release date between the physical and digital versions. In this case it looks like most shops haven't been sent the download copy at all yet. I'll double check this though, and if the download is going to be any earlier then I'll let you know.

Many thanks,
Liam

So I don't think I'm gonna be listening to this on Friday.

That's disappointing: I'm looking forward to this CD more than any other ones, at the moment.

I didn't like the previous version or now this one. Actually, I can't remember the last time any band or artist produced a really memorable album cover. I don't know why that is.

Whole thing is a fuck up really because they announce one day before it's due on the shelves that there is a production problem. Who is manufacturing an album one day before release? That doesn't sound right at all.

Archived