IGNORED

Aleksi Perälä - The Colundi Sequence

Herr Jan

Guest vibertisgod

MINE EARS HAVE HEARD THE GLORY

Has no one realised that the Contact SD card comprises of 5.1 surround sound encoded WAVS?

This has been playing for the last couple of days on my surround sound system, totally immersive sound - track 6 is epic. The last 5.1 album I picked up was 'Surrounded' by Tipper, Contact easily surpasses it.

If you look closely at the (tiny) label, it states 192K 24BIT WAVE 5.1 (ITU 775). Had to google the last bit:

International Telecommunications Union, Operational Bulletin No. 775: The setup calls for 5 identical speakers to be equidistant from the listener along the arc of a circle with the centre channel in the front at 0 degrees, the left and right at +/- 30 degrees and the left and right back surrounds at +/- 110 degrees.

Edited by vibertisgod

MINE EARS HAVE HEARD THE GLORY

Has no one realised that the Contact SD card comprises of 5.1 surround sound encoded WAVS?

This has been playing for the last couple of days on my surround sound system, totally immersive sound - track 6 is epic. The last 5.1 album I picked up was 'Surrounded' by Tipper, Contact easily surpasses it.

If you look closely at the (tiny) label, it states 192K 24BIT WAVE 5.1 (ITU 775). Had to google the last bit:

International Telecommunications Union, Operational Bulletin No. 775: The setup calls for 5 identical speakers to be equidistant from the listener along the arc of a circle with the centre channel in the front at 0 degrees, the left and right at +/- 30 degrees and the left and right back surrounds at +/- 110 degrees.

I would love to hear that. So gutted I missed out on this!

Man, didn't know it was surround! I just so happen to have an Onkyo I'm quite fond of...even has built-in flash drive support. This will be amazing!

Edited by Mellow U

Guest vibertisgod

I guess that's why the SD card was required as the files are so large. Have mailed Aleksi urging more 5.1 releases, some of the existing tracks must exist in this form as a few of the Colundi live sets have been 6 channel..

BTW for any braindance fans financially challenged and wishing to get into more of the sequence the whole thing has just appeared on Spotify.

Edited by vibertisgod

One thing I still find a bit confusing is how low the levels are on a lot of the FLACs. It varies, but was mixing a track and had to put the gain up to about 10db.

Edited by Richie Sombrero

Colundi track competition w00t

not just tracks!

competition time!

please send your creation (of whatever kind) to us, in physical format.

it will be submitted to 'the Don' and reviewed, among other things (tba).

winner wins special & unique mystery prize. and something else will happen as a result too.

competition closing date September 22 2016 14:21 GMT.

please prepare your submission for dispatch and contact we@colundi.net and we will provide a location in due course.

don't forget to include some kind of contact details with your submission.

your creation should be founded in colundi somehow. probably will be anyway, whether you know it or not.

thank you.

sorry.

colundi everyOne.

music, words, cooking, painting, photo, video, fabric, cuisine, equations, chemicals, software, sculpture, technology, you name it...

Kind of regretting paying over 40 euros to ensure myself a copy of this (and Allantide), expecting it to be the only way to get it (like Allantide, both advertised as 'only available to punters at the colundi gigs'), to just see it on bandcamp for four quid a week later.

Well, at least everyone gets the opportunity to hear it now, so that's a good thing.

well, this is why a bidding system is a bit unfair...if they wan't more money they should probably have a set amount plus anything you are willing to give on top. this way they could assure that the crazy millionaire super-fan pays them a bazillion dollar for a sd-card, while the mere mortals know how many days they have to starve to gain the networth needed to make a purchase.

well, this is why a bidding system is a bit unfair...if they wan't more money they should probably have a set amount plus anything you are willing to give on top. this way they could assure that the crazy millionaire super-fan pays them a bazillion dollar for a sd-card, while the mere mortals know how many days they have to starve to gain the networth needed to make a purchase.

I don't think it's about the money for them at all.

I'm stoked they are releasing this for everyone but my point was more onthe idea of exclusivity. I had no trouble justifying paying that amount knowing that, like with the Allantide CD, it is the only way to get the music, with a nice physical release to boot. Had I known about this digital release though...

Now I paid quite a bit and I can't stream it, something I use a lot (through bandcamp). If Allantide was released digitally at any point I probably could've assumed this one would be released at a later point too, but I guess I was wrong on that one. Well, at least I have the 5.1 version :)

Damn dude, forty? I bid fifteen!

$20 USD for an SD card seemed fair.

I know of people on here who put in bids much higher than mine actually... Considering the second hand discogs prices the previous colundi releases go for, I thought this was a fair bid (35 pounds for the SD card ánd Allantide, that is) for something so exclusive. No regrets either, but I would've rather had the option to either grab the digitals or bid on the SD, that's all.