IGNORED

Plaid - Reachy Prints

jlobkob

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

And BLEEP compilation featuring exclusive ae and opn and etc. on vinyl^^

2014 is turning out pretty wicked (despite 2013 also being pretty wicked. I think it's just a good time for electronic music !!)

2014 is turning out pretty wicked (despite 2013 also being pretty wicked. I think it's just a good time for electronic music !!)

2013 was a great year for music.

lol (is me saying that a watmm meme yet?)

Guest Gravity

oh yeah, that comp is definitely going to be great. bring on may!

Plaid is music for your inner child. it makes me horny.

auto-homo-erotic pedophile

And if that's wrong, I don't wanna be right, baby

I'm disappointed it's only 40 minutes though. Lots of warp releases seem to be going this way now. That's not a full release IMO.

I'm not trying to sound entitled.

40-50 minutes is the sweet spot for me when it comes to album lengths. Depending on how good the music is, it can seem short/over too quickly, but if it's average it can add points for not overstaying its welcome. Even if it's excellent, you get over an hour and it starts to overstay its welcome IMO.

Either way, 40 is a full release. Remember the days of LPs...22 minutes per side. ;)

40-50 minutes is the sweet spot for me when it comes to album lengths. Depending on how good the music is, it can seem short/over too quickly, but if it's average it can add points for not overstaying its welcome. Even if it's excellent, you get over an hour and it starts to overstay its welcome IMO.

Either way, 40 is a full release. Remember the days of LPs...22 minutes per side. ;)

I suppose you're right! Maybe I'm just in the minority of people that enjoy long plays. I like 60-70 minutes. Either way this release has my hopes high! =)

40 minutes, 140 minutes, 15 min. I'll take anything Plaid is willing to offer. I was expecting an EP at best this year, so this news was a delight. I really hope the sound is consistent with Hawkmoth

And if this track or anything close to it is on the album, I'll weep tears of immense joy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bCQggCXWyk

Guest bitroast

What is wrong with you strange, foolish people?

40 minutes is clearly an appropriate length of an LP. You can't just not call it an album because you don't want to. I mean, you can, why not? But it's strange and foolish.

What is wrong with you strange, foolish people?

40 minutes is clearly an appropriate length of an LP. You can't just not call it an album because you don't want to. I mean, you can, why not? But it's strange and foolish.

40 minutes is a drive to work. It's the length of 6 tracks off of drukqs, or 7 off hello everything (just random examples that come to mind.. if they had only left 6 or 7 tracks on those albums, would you have considered them albums?). 3.5 minutes for a track is barely enough time in my opinion for a song to get it's momentum going: it's a snippet, not a song. Albums lately are suffering from Flying Lotus syndrome.... all these short tracks where stuff happens quickly and they end up not sounding fully fleshed out. An album should last longer than a sitcom on TV.

I have EPs that are longer than 40 minutes (Ceephax' Hardcore Esplanade comes to mind immediately...)

I take shits longer than 40 minutes....

I take shits longer than 40 minutes....

you got prawblemz, may'.

I need more fibre =(

lol

I think my point is... I find that warp and similar labels are releasing shorter and shorter albums and then they seem to follow up with an EP or a single or whatever, when really all of the content belonged on the album from the get-go.. (Exai being an obvious exception lol)

I'm happy for new plaid though. Sorry for bitching

Albums being longer than 40 minutes is very late 90s hip hop cd era excess. A great album could be any length but many classic albums from the 60s and 70s were 40 min and had like 6 or 7 tracks. It's normal

Archived