IGNORED

Syro period interviews

Boris de Vries

I can't remember this being posted, but while awaiting the full interview with the German Groove Magazine (that will be released on October 16th), here is another preview where artists like Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos (!?! who chose these guys, seriously), Caribou and Apparatus ask Richard stuff.

http://www.groove.de/2014/09/19/musiker-fragen-aphex-twin-wie-hast-dus-getan-richard/

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another thing us Watmmsers would like to see in an interview while Richy is all open and stuff is....

"In 2009 Squarepusher played abunch of tracks from "his" archives which you have DJ'd over the years most notably in Rome 2003 -Care to comment on these tracks. Was it Tom sharing music with you or was there some collaborative effort?"

Now that would be interesting!

Another thing us Watmmsers would like to see in an interview while Richy is all open and stuff is....

"In 2009 Squarepusher played abunch of tracks from "his" archives which you have DJ'd over the years most notably in Rome 2003 -Care to comment on these tracks. Was it Tom sharing music with you or was there some collaborative effort?"

Now that would be interesting!

don't see that being asked in an interview, save for AAA.

I can't remember this being posted, but while awaiting the full interview with the German Groove Magazine (that will be released on October 16th), here is another preview where artists like Richie Hawtin and Ricardo Villalobos (!?! who chose these guys, seriously), Caribou and Apparatus ask Richard stuff.

http://www.groove.de/2014/09/19/musiker-fragen-aphex-twin-wie-hast-dus-getan-richard/

I like the concept, there should be more interviews like this. At least other composers/producers know what they're asking about...

"Es ist eines meiner Pop-Alben, deshalb weiß ich ungefähr welche Reaktionen es auslösen wird."

"It is one of my pop albums, so I know what kind of reactions it will trigger."

I like the fact that he is so conscious about his music.

Not really an interview, but more a retrospective of Richard's work up until SYRO for the non-electronic music listener:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-aphex-twin-but-were-afraid-to-ask-before-todays-release-of-syro/

So the divorce is confirmed. Wow. Purely speculation but for some reason I feel 'Goodbye Rute' is about that. That song is really remorseful sounding to me.

finally, a language i can read

"Ich glaube, ich werde in der nahen Zukunft sehr viel davon veröffentlichen – hoffentlich!"

:nyan:

"Es ist viel trippiger in der Natur."

lol

Pitchfork: Were you in the Aphex Twin blimp that flew over London last month?

pls next time someone is going to interview afx, tell watmm, ask for questions and you will end up with an excellent interview!

the pitchfork one that bad though

I want to see a Nardwuar vs Aphex Twin interview

I really hated that guy, but I've watched a lot of his interviews lately out of amazement for everyone he manages to get on camera, and I've come to the conclusion that he is annoyingly good at interviewing.

It'll be better than that 1994 Russian interview anyway...

Rather small interview (compared to that Oor interview, but he was lucky because another interview was cancelled, so he got more time) with nothing really new, except for:

I’m just imagining a “synth owned by Aphex Twin” item on eBay. You could make a killing. I’ve actually sold a few things by mistake. There was one synth that I’d scratched the album credits on the bottom of it, and I totally forgot. Then I sold it ‘cause I didn’t really like it. Whoever bought it realized, “Oh! This has got the album sleeve scratched in the bottom of it.” Someone was chuffing about it on the net going like, “Look!” I don’t think anyone believed it but yeah, it’s true.

I wonder if he knows about that Solvent guy making an EP with that thing.

P.S. - Just a heads up for everyone, I'm still keeping up with every tidbit and interview in the OP of this thread so it won't get lost.

I want to see a Nardwuar vs Aphex Twin interview

I really hated that guy, but I've watched a lot of his interviews lately out of amazement for everyone he manages to get on camera, and I've come to the conclusion that he is annoyingly good at interviewing.

Yeah, he actually does some mad research before interviewing. Like giving gifts that he knows the musician will like, and coming up with obscure facts from their childhood.

I guess I kinda like the awkward, annoying and cringey approach, in some sadistic/masochistic way. I also like the fact that Slipknot could barely handle him:

Holy fucking shit I still haven't heard Syro... are StephenG and me the only ones?

I haven't yet! Not even Minipops! I have set aside time for a listening session this Sunday on a picturesque hilltop near my house.

Good call! I bought the CD on Tues, ripped it asap and went for a walk with it in the rain, ipod style. The third track went well with Ross Bay Cemetary. I actually thought briefly about how mundane and nonchalant my first listening must be compared with whatever you had planned for your own. I've listened through 4 times now, twice while walking and twice while playing Dr. Mario with Fairen. The second half is excellent DM music, last track excepted.

Archived