IGNORED

Clark - Clark (Nov. 3rd 2014)

lawrenke

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow new clark LP? So that guy who posted on 4chan way back in july/august about the new afx was right?

that guy also said there's two new aphex LPs so i wonder if by the end of the year there's another "surprise" aphex twin LP. Hmmmm.

eznzea is imminent. I'd say 1st qtr of 2015. I don't think they'd undercut syro too soon. 1st qtr is appropriate. If I remember correctly analord records dropped for several months, why not drop another album after 6 months or so. It's fucking the Aphex Twin for christ sake.

xbpi will be imminent after eznzea

Not sure all the criticisms are really warranted.

The problem I have with it is the whole thing just seems badly mixed and generally uninteresting. The fact he said 'I made the first half of it in about 40 seconds' is testimony to why it sounds just so ... well: poor. He's capable of so much more as demonstrated by so many of his past releases - this just seems lazy, and if it's been used to preview the quality of the album then it doesn't really bode well.

Not sure all the criticisms are really warranted.

The problem I have with it is the whole thing just seems badly mixed and generally uninteresting. The fact he said 'I made the first half of it in about 40 seconds' is testimony to why it sounds just so ... well: poor. He's capable of so much more as demonstrated by so many of his past releases - this just seems lazy, and if it's been used to preview the quality of the album then it doesn't really bode well.

i don't even think it's badly executed. sadly, though, i have to agree with it being not very interesting... it's like in between totems flare (which is the pinnacle of his former style, i think) and iradelphic he just lost his style (along with his boyish good looks):

like, before iradelphic he actually HAD a very distinct style that lost a lot of its finesse and panache, especially rhythmically, on iradelphic. now all that remains of it is a certain melodic / harmonic sound palette. rhythmically it's exactly what another 50.000 people (in berlin alone, i reckon) are doing. it's just sad. like he lost pieces of his identity... :cry:

or maybe he was just like, nah, fuck my style, ppl wanna dance, gotta pay me rent after all, soz.

or maybe he was looking for some simplicity in his life, and since the gf wasn't gonna change ---

or maybe he likes 4 to the floor a lot more than i do?

just my € 0,02! (as they say in berlin)

I really wouldn't mind if he did go on full on dance but there's not really any way to dance to a track like THe Grit In The Pearl, it doesn't really go anywhere - It's like the intro and outro to a huge song and the middle bit has been cut down to just 30 seconds. I mean full on Clark dance mode in my ears is this:

Just pure energy

I've just received the track through Bleep thanks to the preorder, and from what I'm seeing from foobar's spectrum and oscilloscope : lol, never have I ever seen a Clark kick than thin. That might sound stupid but from someone like him that means a lot. I agree with mcbpete here, the mixing on these two tracks is quite embarassing, at least for someone that came up with an album like Totems Flare. And I never thought I would ever say something like this about Clark :sad:

Anyway that's my opinion for now... I do hope this album will surprise me. Clark pls.

i just meant that that quote was discussed on the prev. page already, but couldnt get multiquote to work...

sorry for grumpy post btw. was leaving night shift and disappoint in clark. :-[

Well... I bet he still spent a decent amount of time editing the track even if the raw material took him an hour and fourty seconds.

Guest trananhhung

There's hope, guys. Maybe the rest of the tracks will be amazing and these are the weakest links. :cisfor: Or maybe the rest sounds like Iradelphic. :cerious:

Just because something has a four to the floor beat doesn't mean it's very good to dance to.

What are you talking about, back in the early 2000s you couldn't move for clubs playing this:

I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer sandal wearing flutey clark as opposed to combat boot techno clark (as he was described here earlier)

I still think Body Riddle is his masterpiece, the ep's he relased around that time were awesome companions to it, and really enjoy iradelphic and disc 1 of feast/beast as opposed to disc 2...

I know I'm in the minority here, but I prefer sandal wearing flutey clark as opposed to combat boot techno clark (as he was described here earlier)

I still think Body Riddle is his masterpiece, the ep's he relased around that time were awesome companions to it, and really enjoy iradelphic and disc 1 of feast/beast as opposed to disc 2...

really seems like the autumn crushed merry flip flop time for clark...

other than that i don't agree with the footwear metaphor.

btw. body riddle IS an excellent album. listening right now. thanks for reminding me of this!!!

still don't like the new stuff though.

Archived