IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

This shit is so monumental, it's hard to even begin to see its ramifications. A couple of thoughts have struck me already, though:

- Our understanding of RDJ's music, production, techniques and development will be completely turned upside down. So many gaps have been filled in, and the body of "new" work is so big it puts the already known material in a completely new context.

- Those of us who listened to him in the 90s can completely re-live the experience of discovering the styles he did back then. I just took a walk while listening to a few tracks, and was completely set back to 96 or so. Regained innocence.

And finally:

- To anyone planning on releasing music in 2015; I'm sorry, but maybe I'll be able to check it out in 2016.

Thanks! but 102||afx|37|[bicyle Wheel]|9:11| ---> bicycle, not bicyle! lol

thanks, probably the only one i manually typed in there, DOH

but thank to you, also for the complete tracklist! ;-)

This shit is so monumental, it's hard to even begin to see its ramifications. A couple of thoughts have struck me already, though:

- Our understanding of RDJ's music, production, techniques and development will be completely turned upside down. So many gaps have been filled in, and the body of "new" work is so big it puts the already known material in a completely new context.

- Those of us who listened to him in the 90s can completely re-live the experience of discovering the styles he did back then. I just took a walk while listening to a few tracks, and was completely set back to 96 or so. Regained innocence.

And finally:

- To anyone planning on releasing music in 2015; I'm sorry, but maybe I'll be able to check it out in 2016.

yes!

Guest GyreViper

ssnb, 07b, nocares, organ, slow early morning, roughbeattune, martins car, mental telepathy, plink plonk original, japan, vocoder disco, 3.45 p.e., fork rave, cutting.

Trying to decide what an ideal album would be. For me at least.

Edited by GyreViper

Those of us who listened to him in the 90s can completely re-live the experience of discovering the styles he did back then. I just took a walk while listening to a few tracks, and was completely set back to 96 or so. Regained innocence.

Totally agree! ;-)

And finally:

Exactly my thoughts!

I didn't pick up on Aphex Twin until '98 when I was a junior in high school, SAW II was the first electronic album I ever purchased. I obviously treasure it to this day, but man did Aphex Twin open a bunch of new doors for me. I really have him to thank for introducing me to IDM music in the first place.

SAW I, SAW II, and RDJ are timeless albums to me for sure, but these tracks are really hitting the right nerves for me. I'm just overfilled with joy this week.

Guest tablatronix

so far my favs are

4 Red Calx[slo]
7 lsb [slo]
35 Japan
7 Cutting
8 Metal Beat
6 Fly Beats
11 Phlangebeat
12 Space Beat
1 nocares
7 ∂ƒ∆ [rough mix]
Afx origTheme
Parking Lot
but i have to re listen to the last 60 probably..

lol at teh flahbulb following user48736353001, Benn must be like " :wtf: I'll just stick to my post rock thing"

he must think "afx is great but woah hey im the flashbulb. yep, me. boy, i sure am me. i make monies too."