IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I wonder how much of SAWII was 'this is pretty, what happens if I slo it do- woooaaaah' - I always imagined that's how Rhubarb was made.

SAWII was mostly composed by lucid dreaming, the story goes. RDJ would fall asleep, dream of his studio, dreamn of making a track, then wake up and try and recreate the same track.

http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98336584377199.shtml

none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc. Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stuff

I wonder how much of SAWII was 'this is pretty, what happens if I slo it do- woooaaaah' - I always imagined that's how Rhubarb was made.

SAWII was mostly composed by lucid dreaming, the story goes. RDJ would fall asleep, dream of his studio, dreamn of making a track, then wake up and try and recreate the same track.

http://www.aphextwin.nu/learn/98336584377199.shtml

Ah yes, I remember this.

I suppose it's just the texture of the main synth in Rhubarb, it's got a kind of graininess that reminds me of slowed down sounds. I've often thought of speeding it up but have been too scared in case I somehow ruin it.

also, Organ is about as lush as this has all got so far. God.

12 Rough Beat Tune is fucking phenomenal. It is Acrid Avid Jam Shred-lite, with a huge washing of heart break.

Fuck sake this stuff is wonderful.

He could not have thrown all this stuff out into the open in any more of an incredible way. It is a feast of Aphex, and I am scoffing my way through it like fuck.

none of these uploads have been mastered by the way so you might need to tweak the eq a bit, like this one needs a bit more low added etc. Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stuff

Just cranked bass up on that one by a few dB. I can barely contain my excrement.

12 Rough Beat Tune is fucking phenomenal. It is Acrid Avid Jam Shred-lite, with a huge washing of heart break.

Fuck sake this stuff is wonderful.

He could not have thrown all this stuff out into the open in any more of an incredible way. It is a feast of Aphex, and I am scoffing my way through it like fuck.

ahh yes, i recall that track

from when i listened to it 47 times yesterday

one of my favorites so far

where is this from?

edit: nvm I see it now

Edited by MIXL2