IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

I guess this is his solution to not being sure which tracks to upload: upload everything!

I do prefer later stuff more than early tbh, but considering it's all free I'm not complaining. Good stuff! :music:

pierlu, on 29 Jan 2015 - 12:48 AM, said:

John Ehrlichman, on 28 Jan 2015 - 11:40 PM, said:

can anybody tell if these were 'mastered' or not?

I was wondering the same, but my own answer was that these track clearly show that "mastering" may be a very overrated process i.e. good sound production, good recording and good mixing are what makes what's referred to as "mastering"

But I'm clearly no mastering expert so I may be totally wrong

Edit: even tho track sound very homogenic so I bet that in that, some kind of mastering was needed

Timothy Forward, on 29 Jan 2015 - 3:13 PM, said:

afx6_zps7y0ctxru.png

:cisfor:

edit: this user48736353001's comment it's the end to all of the mastering related discussions anywhere on the web (apart from mastering engineers' forums of course)

Edited by pierlu

with "6 Step Up To Cornwall" as new or you also count Girl/Boy version?

102 before today's tracks started coming. The most recent right now is 3 hollow alias ab6, which is number 105.

thanks psn! but now? i learned that AB6 is almost complete, missing the first track yet?

'Might re-do the most popular ones but rather be makin new stuff' definitely ties in with the idea that he can't be arsed with the formalities of doing an archive release and this is what we'll be getting.

1) there'll be time enough for sortin' when the droppin's done

2) red calx slo is a heart rending revelation to me

like I can't even bring myself to listen to the other new stuff yet from today because this is on repeat

Edited by atypic

:cattears:

seriously. Its in Rhubarb territory. Its instant contemplation. I could be doing anything. that track comes on. Deep in thought. Makes me want to slow down his faster ambient tunes from other releases and see if magic happens.

All that's left is for Aphex to appear on Watmm with a cheesy name and post tracks in the Your Latest Creations section.

"Hi, can I get some feedback on these tunes? Tell me what you think + b honest"

mmmmm those last 3 "slo" tracks. mmmmmmmore!!!!

I've pondered this before, and posted on the SC, maybe someone here knows...

I read once, somewhere, that On [28 mix] was called the "28 mix" because it was supposed to be the 28th track on SAWII

but was excised, as was "19/Stone in Focus" due to space issues on the CD. if including stone in focus, the released version of

SAWII has 25 tracks.

Anyone know, or want to speculate, which tracks, either released or from this soundcloud batch, might have been 26 & 27?

Not sure if it's been mentioned so forgive me if this has already come up, but I noticed that the user48736353001 account is now following https://soundcloud.com/somadril which has some pretty sick tracks going on. On the fence as to whether it's Aphex at the moment as the style is a bit different... what do you reckon? Possible second account?

Edited by SmackSmash

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

:cattears:

seriously. Its in Rhubarb territory. Its instant contemplation. I could be doing anything. that track comes on. Deep in thought. Makes me want to slow down his faster ambient tunes from other releases and see if magic happens.

19 [slo]w early morning clissold sunrise

7 lsb [slo]

4 Red Calx[slo]

:catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry::catcry:

I really hope he gives the most popular tracks a proper physical release.

Since he commented that he might re-do the most popular ones with mastering.