IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

a bunch (maybe like half) of the '320' mp3s look like this

8f275b64fe.jpg

:catface:

Thanks. Wasn't sure whether or not to like this music without seeing a spectral image. GOOD JOB.

huk

Has anyone downloaded all these and tagged them properly so they can be loaded into iTunes as a single album, and not need hours of pissing about with editing the info?

That would be great if a single zip containing properly tagged files was uploaded somewhere.

Cheers

a bunch (maybe like half) of the '320' mp3s look like this

8f275b64fe.jpg

:catface:

if it's true that he recorded on DAT in long play mode, this is about what it would look like...it's only 32khz so anything below 16k would be filtered...

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

https://mega.co.nz/#!oQYhiZLR!0JgeqyNmIi2kCJDCTuO3-6Dt3tnKFk1r9K2TO1kb4Yo

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

I've left the filenames unchanged, but tags are as follows.

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

Album: user48736353001

Track number: Order they were uploaded

Title: As on Soundcloud (so sometimes different from the file name)

I also added his comments and embedded the artwork for each track.

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

Edited by manmower

Had a quick early morning listen to the 320 versions of Ssnb and Red Calx[slo]. Pretty perfect way to start a morning, looking forward to going back through the other 100 or so.

I've already had the "wake up with tune in head" from a few of the tracks, hard to believe we might never have heard them if Rich hadn't gone into "free love" mode on Soundcloud.

Guest bitroast

Got a 6 hour drive today - just burned 7 cds of afx for the car

nice to see everyone geeking over this shit as hardcore as i am..

scifi staircase remix is so amazing... takes a lot of what made the original great but manages to tighten it all up and add it's own bit of afx-y melodic flavour to it as well. can't believe it was never dropped live or if it was that it was never picked up in a recording or anything??? that scirem fooled us all! shit's ... so ... amazing :)

I am so pissed off that Synthtopia are saying you can buy a new Aphex Twin album on Bandcamp and ep when its obvious if you are a real fan to know they are fake. The guy just sampled bits os SAWII and wrote music, most of the tracks dont even sound like APhex. C'mon people jesus! http://www.synthtopia.com/

***hello humans, hopefully im gunna start making all these tracks downloadable from 6pm next saturday 7th Feb, [if i can find some internets]

3EIh7cA.jpg

*digital high five*

Finished organizing my files, and I've uploaded them in case anyone wants them, free account though so I don't know how much bandwidth/how many downloads I'm allowed:

112 tracks (110 downloaded from Soundcloud + the 128 kbps streaming versions of the 2 that were only briefly available).

Artist: AFX (it's the hashtag he added to nearly every track and I thought it unnecessary to make exceptions for the couple of aphex/pbod/... ones).

If someone downloads this and finds anything wrong with it (bad files or errors in the tags or whatever), let me know.

Hi, not sure if i missed these but what are the track names of the 2 you say were briefly available?

thanks

Awesome! Haven't found anything wrong. But fuck me, I'm too stupid to find anything wrong in this huge dump of bliss!

thank you my friend

I got the deleted "4 Red Calx" in 320kbps with frequencies up to 20khz. If you speed up "4 red calx[slo]" by exactly 100% into half the time, the timing matches up 100% perfectly. I assume rich did the reverse to make his slow.

I don't know if I'll keep this modified version myself, seems kind of like blasphemy. What do you guys think?

tl;dr

320kbps of the deleted 4 Red Calx by speeding up 4 red calx[slo] by 2x. Do they match up perfectly?

Download:

http://puu.sh/fjG5j

fjGaV.jpg

Edited by Zeffolia