IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

The higher bitrates turned this into a whole different beast. It has an analordish vibe to it now as these are also the same (larger?) amount of tracks

which one in particular ?

I think Shotkeya is just Schottkey 7th Path, you're not missing anything

Thanks! I believe it's another version of it... but if you tell me it's the same track... i believe in u ;-)

Shotkeya is exactly the same as Schottkey 7th Path but wrongly titled underneath the video that it was accompanied it, just like Ageispolis became 'Aegosopolis'.

Thanks 4 this in4mation! ;-)

The higher bitrates turned this into a whole different beast. It has an analordish vibe to it now as these are also the same (larger?) amount of tracks

which one in particular ?

for me the whole soundcloud dump counts as one release called user48736353001

Here you go...two DIFFERENT versions of Phlangebeat. One running at 5:11 and one at 4:37. It starts to get a bit different at the 3 mins mark.

http://we.tl/PBHKseUO3y

Odd, right?

And this one doesn't have some glitch like the 'extended' Dixons track had. Interesting, thanks for grabbing it so fast then :)

Guest Londonskater

im kind of astonished you guys already already picking up on these little differences, so much music to digest in so little time. good job though

To be honest, it was only because I'd tagged the 128 versions and was trying to do a quick copy and paste of info to the new 320's. I organised the files by track length as some of the names had changed (Like Sline had become Jap Flute Energy Rave) and thats when the Phlangebeat thing became apparent.

Here you go...two DIFFERENT versions of Phlangebeat. One running at 5:11 and one at 4:37. It starts to get a bit different at the 3 mins mark.

http://we.tl/PBHKseUO3y

Odd, right?

And this one doesn't have some glitch like the 'extended' Dixons track had. Interesting, thanks for grabbing it so fast then :)

I like that it slips further into Ventolin (Praze-And-Beeble) than the shorter version, too...

noticed a noteworthy omission on the Warp records twitter feed. They just retweeted a Bibio tweet saying he's putting unreleased jams on soundcloud, and they never tweeted (as far as i can see) or mentioned Richard's soundcloud account.

Here are a couple of files I remastered for you all. A louder sounding version of bellbrk with the loud subs made a bit more managable, and utopia with the low mids softened and those hi-freq fm sounds less harsh.

bellbrk (limited/compressed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5oeo6phip6mwt8/bellbrk%20%28limited%29.mp3?dl=0

utopia (EQ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/25tniohmlvcb4t0/8%20utopia%20%28EQ%29.mp3?dl=0

Very nice these, thanks :)!

noticed a noteworthy omission on the Warp records twitter feed. They just retweeted a Bibio tweet saying he's putting unreleased jams on soundcloud, and they never tweeted (as far as i can see) or mentioned Richard's soundcloud account.

The only Warp related clue is in the fact that it was tweeted by the official account of Aphex, which is managed by Warp. Besides that, they've been awfully quiet indeed :)

Here are a couple of files I remastered for you all. A louder sounding version of bellbrk with the loud subs made a bit more managable, and utopia with the low mids softened and those hi-freq fm sounds less harsh.

bellbrk (limited/compressed): https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5oeo6phip6mwt8/bellbrk%20%28limited%29.mp3?dl=0

utopia (EQ): https://www.dropbox.com/s/25tniohmlvcb4t0/8%20utopia%20%28EQ%29.mp3?dl=0

Thanks for that! Noticed how quiet bellbrk is while listening to the playlist on shuffle just as I spotted your post. :] Cheers for your effort...fits in nicely now. Ta

Edited by Dean Carbin

Guest Londonskater

Has anyone noticed how the bassline of 3 gerald Remix is almost identical to Kerrier District's Disco Nasty?

Yeah, it was mentioned a couple of times...I thin Rareafx pointed out that it could well have been the inspiration for Vibert.

Worth throwing this in, as we are talking about this track:

Has anyone noticed how the bassline of 3 gerald Remix is almost identical to Kerrier District's Disco Nasty?

Yeah, it was mentioned a couple of times...I thin Rareafx pointed out that it could well have been the inspiration for Vibert.

Worth throwing this in, as we are talking about this track:

Oh wow that's cool! I didn't know about that track. I guess Luke's track just might be a tribute to Gerald rather than Rich's track.

Cool, nice find at both the AGCG and KD track :) they both seem to mention or play AGCG all the time so must be a great influence!

Same with Larry Heard btw, tracks like Sams Car and Laricheard (obviously) are basically Mr. Fingers tributes (and great ones at that).

the tags on the newly uploaded rhubarb are completely different compared to what they were on the original upload during syrobonkers, it looks like richard downloaded someone else's version of it with their neat and tidy tags and uploaded that. that's funny to me for some reason.

the tags on the newly uploaded rhubarb are completely different compared to what they were on the original upload during syrobonkers, it looks like richard downloaded someone else's version of it with their neat and tidy tags and uploaded that. that's funny to me for some reason.

yeah someone did some mastering obviously as they sound much better than before (besides the better quality) . I am really happy about that

This is also a clue to AFX's influences with regards to his frequent use of ambiguous tonality. That AGCG track has at least two or three different tonalities going on at any time, if you try to analyze it from a strictly diatonic viewpoint.

Is he disabling all the comments?

just made a comment, still works for me

He made comments so only you could post, just because your previous ones made him laugh :p