IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

yep, i addmited i got the whole idea/vibe slighly different. Im no engrish, so at that times i read interview, i thought pissed was angry. i was wrong :cry: BUT i got this idea combined (also from a mike interview) where he said rich was not 100% ok with an album or releasing it. So Joyrex was right basically, for the most part.

IT'S STILL AWESOME ALBUM!

also, several days ago i had this trip thru counry on buss for several hours. We were riding thru frozen winter wastelands, i was listening to soundcloud dump, thinking my thoughts, watching windows, when sun started to go down thru clouds in a perfect red sunset upon the glorious winert fields. I felt so far away and out of this world. And then Ssnb started to play. I literally cried. It was one of best moments of my last years. Richard i love you so so much. Thank you.

Guest LoveRhino

What was that databse website with all the Richard David James publishing rights information? Wonder if there's been a batch of new compositions added recently.

It looks like Syro's tracks have been added and maybe a few others? Certainly not a hundred.

Looking through the list. If I'm reading it correctly, there are some extremely interesting recent additions.

Last Rushup perchance?

Guest crowndicey

What was that databse website with all the Richard David James publishing rights information? Wonder if there's been a batch of new compositions added recently.

It looks like Syro's tracks have been added and maybe a few others? Certainly not a hundred.

Looking through the list. If I'm reading it correctly, there are some extremely interesting recent additions.

Last Rushup perchance?

What I'm wondering is why the only entry under artist name Richard D James is Selected Ambient Works Volume. With an alternate title of "TREE". Every thing else is just under James Richard David.

Edited by crowndicey

Sloppy data entry by poor minimal wage drone, I guess.

Or an unpaid intern. Wheee!

Interesting the alternate title for Aisatsana is ANALORD 158B.

Mag: yes, still an awesome album indeed! :beer: :beer:

the tags on the newly uploaded rhubarb are completely different compared to what they were on the original upload during syrobonkers, it looks like richard downloaded someone else's version of it with their neat and tidy tags and uploaded that. that's funny to me for some reason.

Yeah, my version O_o! This Rhubarb upload is tagged EXACTLY the way mine is. I uploaded it in the Syrobonkers Thread a few months ago so I guess it found its way to him somehow!

Sorry, can't find the post again.. but what software works best to slow down or speed up (i.E. red calx) ?

someone told me you can do it in audacity but I don't have audacity so couldn't say for sure.

hope that helps

Sorry, can't find the post again.. but what software works best to slow down or speed up (i.E. red calx) ?

someone told me you can do it in audacity but I don't have audacity so couldn't say for sure.

hope that helps

Somehow I had Audacitiy in mind aswell but my copy is broken..

I reinstall and give it a try..

Audacity is easy. Use the speed tool under the effects menu and set it to 100 (if you're trying to get the slo version to match the originally uploaded version that was removed).

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

Audacity is easy. Use the speed tool under the effects menu and set it to 100 (if you're trying to get the slo version to match the originally uploaded version that was removed).

Ok.. yeah.. got it.. works just perfectly fine. Thanks..

Sloppy data entry by poor minimal wage drone, I guess.

Or an unpaid intern. Wheee!

Interesting the alternate title for Aisatsana is ANALORD 158B.

like.. this analord 158b?

wat

Mike & Rich was liked by both of us, we both wanted to release it, as I recall we were both pretty pleased with it. It has a sort of demented vibe each of our solo music doesn't have.

Recorded in mid 94 during the World Cup. We weren't pissed all the time, I find it hard to write music like that, but we did get drunk a few times, hard to remember now. And acid was involved but not on it all the time or anything.

I think it was simply a matter of release schedule queues and cash flow why it took until 96 to come out.

Sounds like you had a fun time recording that album!

Mr Frosty still gets regular rotation on my ipod, my favorite on the album. Close 2nd being bu bu bu ba, because it's... really really strange.

Edited by StephenG

my mind is fucking blown away twelve times over. i'm only just getting into the tracks themselves, and i'm hearing insane remixes, alt versions of dear favourites, some familiar gems in sparkly HQ, and tonnes and tonnes of completely new sounds i could never have imagined.

i'll wake up after this feverish night of mp3 hoarding and find headsets, CD-Rs, tape cutters, amen breaks and usb disks lying all over the room like some kind of post-orgy vegas hotel room scenario.

but like, jesus fucking christ, he's actually done it! richard d. james really was sitting on a treasure trove of unreleased tracks, and he's actually put them out, for all of us, for free! i'm here listening to it right this second, it's just unbelievably good stuff. 21 hapshifter1 is like seeing the mountains again after a year of not being able to see, just a well mixed, polished and cranked-to-eleven revamp of a second-tier AB5 track. this gives me reeeaaaallly high hopes for a melodies from mars remake, as he's said he's been working on such a thing.

richard, you're a fucking legend. i know there are millions more out there who can tell you the same thing, but you better fucking know it's true.