IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Nothing much beats a few drinks and a dive into the Soundcloud dump; the gift that keeps on giving.

just fall asleep, slothscrape, RANDOM FX, spectrum, lmt, triple d, phukup 2, messy, medievil rave mk2, gak bass....

When you get locked in to that aphex mode it's as slick as a whistle

• 2 weeks later...

cool....looks like he reveals a track with the tool info....lushy.

https://soundcloud.com/user18081971/24-alias-mgroove

did he remaster this track?

can't recall if the name was changed.

24 ems-alias mgroove.mp3 5.4MB

24 alias mgroove.mp3 12.7 MB

No, the original file I have from when it first came out is silent when combined with this new version inverted. They're identical.

Rich just hinted that this may end up on Soundcloud...

jesus, what an absolute fucking belter! i might have to find that set actually. would love to hear that on SC, everything he's done in that style is just unbelievably good. its grabs me by the balls.

Rich just hinted that this may end up on Soundcloud...

jesus, what an absolute fucking belter! i might have to find that set actually. would love to hear that on SC, everything he's done in that style is just unbelievably good. its grabs me by the balls.

Ditto, 4 ach is so sonically out there and slammin at the same time, same goes for triple-d (wax pls).I just love that metallic screech sound which kinda sounds like a printer of some sort. I can hear something similar In one of the new Mike & Rich tracks (Clissold Bathroom).

[youtubehd]TgdYh7rgEmQ[/youtubehd]

There's a really interesting snippet at 45:30 which feature the sounds that lay the foundation for 4 ACH and probably other tracks we haven't heard yet.

Perhaps these sounds were generated by some old piece of hardware and then loaded into a sampler?

General MIDIMan says at 3:37:
Do you have any unreleased tracks, which have you done with Philip Glass in 1995? By the way, two years ago he shared his memories about you and about your collaboration =) Have you see it? On 24:00 youtu.be/qlvampaoeE4?t=23m56s

Posted 59 minutes ago

user18081971 says at 3:37:
@usemythirdarm: fuk yeah good point, there was a version i preferred to the warp one but they didnt want to release it so ill chuck it up

Wonder if that will ever see the light of day?

I am surprised all the knob twiddlers on here aren't excited by this latest development??

Well I read it and it was fun to read, but I think aphex has too high of expectations for random people on soundcloud. I wouldn't mind him posting his ideas though, I could have a crack at putting makeshift versions of his ideas together, or any one else's if they're intriguing.

Also, his 'ideas' may give insight into his style, and what's important to him.

I am surprised all the knob twiddlers on here aren't excited by this latest development??

Well I read it and it was fun to read, but I think aphex has too high of expectations for random people on soundcloud. I wouldn't mind him posting his ideas though, I could have a crack at putting makeshift versions of his ideas together, or any one else's if they're intriguing.

Also, his 'ideas' may give insight into his style, and what's important to him.

I was just surprised there wasn't any reaction on here. Way too technical for me though!

I was just surprised there wasn't any reaction on here. Way too technical for me though! 

SAme. Well Aphex was technical. It just easily can be one of those things where a lot of people have ideas, but not really specifics, you know?

Guest bitroast

Way too technical for me though!

think you summed it up right there.

probably better for people with nothing to add to add nothing, as opposed to an onslaught of " WOW, i have nothing to add but ... COOL to see you back on soundcloud rich!!"

probably better for people with nothing to add to add nothing, as opposed to an onslaught of " WOW, i have nothing to add but ... COOL to see you back on soundcloud rich!!"

yup, it's like a dragon's den in there

Way too technical for me though!

think you summed it up right there.

Yes, that makes a lot of sense. You are certainly more likely to find me on the youchoob track!