IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

This just gets more and more amazing. Listening to the quality of some of compositions really makes me wonder why he chose not to release them back in the day- too much stuff to release maybe?

How you guys organzing things?

I've tagged my tracks in terms of how they fit with releases and alias:

Tags are "Caustic", "Polygon", "AFX", "Electro", "HAB", "Ambient", "Analord", "Drukqs", "?"

There's lots of The first three above, not much druqks/analord.. but that all fits with the nature of these archive tracks I guess.

Its great anyway!!

The early stuff is going to be difficult to apply pseudonyms to because these a lot of cross-over in sound. I guess the SAW1 stuff is more chilled out with warm 606 cymbals, more reverb etc. The Polygon Window is more technoish with eerie acid vibes, TR-drum hits. Anything else is AFX prob. Q-Chastic is virtually impossible to catagorise as we've only heard 1 official track (there is meant to be an albums worth(!)). I would class Caustic Window as the more aggro stuff with distorted kicks and breaks, but then again some of the tracks on Cat023 were very different from this remit.

After about 93 most of them start sounding industrial/hip hoppy like the stuff off ICBYD and presumably are under Aphex Twin. There are some really fucking weird ones from '94.

Apart from Clapstab and World Waver I wonder which other tracks would have been on ABB6?

Ok so he answered my question lol. another Joyrex Tape Track as well. Funny we might have been sitting on ABB6 all these years without knowing it.

I can't get over 28 organ. There's so much fucking amazing shit happening in here I can't even get my head around it.

That lead synth melody.

0:18 that twinkling high synth and bass doubling the lead

0:40 those CLAPS and that pad

0:50 that rdj sort of quasi acidy bass

1:25 those ten smooth seconds of four on the floor boom-tsh-boom-tsh while the high synth bubbles up

1:34 those strings and flute and plucky sound taking over melody while that basssssss

1:54 wttfffffffff percussion breakdown

2:08 gorgeous lead synth progression solo. so fucking beautiful. i shed tears.

2:28 new two voice melody

2:35 drums and a fucking joyous MfM synth melody drop into existence through some fucking tape saturated rip in the space time continuum

2:58 that acid bass, those strings, EVERYTHING

3:36 WTF direct modulation to new key, THOSE FUCKING CLAPS

4:06 high synth starts to go fucking nuts

4:36 new progression that only lasts ten seconds

4:47 weird fucking jazzy breakdown

4:55 holy fuck, cyberman robo-voice scatting with weird syncopated synth stabs and arps

5:28 percussion drops out momentarily to allow another new quarter-note progression/melody to enter

6:25 very baroquey chord progression evolves

6:51 this fucking baroque ending jesus. ends on a I6/4 > V or something

so good

oh shit, new tracks

Edited by Skeletron

Yeah Sean said in the AAA thread that the whole AE was Warp's "property".

Wow, really? I am surprised they agreed to that. Maybe they just don't care as much.

I thought they owned not only ae but also there irl name more or less, so they can't, or at least its very difficult to ever release music anywhere but warp?

another joyrex tape track, and the description says it was also gonna be an ab6 track! we're gonna be able to completely reconstruct analogue bubblebath 6 once this is through, methinks

Yeah Sean said in the AAA thread that the whole AE was Warp's "property".

Wow, really? I am surprised they agreed to that. Maybe they just don't care as much.

I thought they owned not only ae but also there irl name more or less, so they can't, or at least its very difficult to ever release music anywhere but warp?

Dang, maybe Warp really does hold a lot of sway over the Twin too.