IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

Does anyone else cum stupid hard at the last section of 28 Organ?

naw. 2:55-3:35 is spooge time for me. Starts stiffening at :00.

How short is your refractory period?

Also 1 Lmt is so fucking good. I should really get around to voting.

Does anyone know the date of when Richard made the rest of the last batch of Soundcloud uploads downloadable?

he just opened the floodgates on phlonge and in the sky earlier this week, no? Very recent.

Guest bitroast

I actually am betting its not fresher n cleaner. f+c sounds kind of older and ravier annd outside the general sound of the ab6 tracks .. The ab6 tracks sound really trippy like tripping on shrooms and hearing everything through weird jangly filters.. There are heaps of tracks in 94 that somehow sound psychedelic or like tripping. Not sure if theres a connection there or its just a natural progression of what he was experimenting with musically at the time lol but anyhow ab6 sounds 94y to me while f+c sounds earlier 90s ??

Assuming ofc ab6 is all from same sessions (fair assumption tho?? given other ABs have pretty respectively self contained sound designs ... )

Imo imo !!

Having said all that i have no idea what from the released tracks COULD be ab6 1.

Bloody mystery imo !!

lol. just realised the ab6 track 2 Dual Acid Ab6 even says 94ish and fresher and cleaner says 90. must've absorbed that info into thinking i came to same conclusion on my own.

Ah, thanks - so we're just missing proper releases of 10, 11, and 12...

The fact that all of the officially released stuff is faster makes me think the original cassette rip might have been played off-speed...

I wonder if Fresher + Cleaner is ABB6 #1?

I bet this tape was originally ripped from an ABB6 DAT...

Like Chalybs said, track 11 was a collab with Cylob so has to ask permission for that one first, but well... that whole ordeal... complicates things a bit probably. Then we have track 10, which Aphex said the following about: "that was only a 1st amen tryout, there is a finished version somewhere".

More importantly, track 12 is the only one that isn't talked about. And coincidentally it sounds very Melodies From Mars-ish (to me at least)... So maybe!

I was thinking the same about it being ripped from an ABB6 DAT, but there's only four tracks of it, maybe five (Fresher + Cleaner seems like a good bet, although that's more Caustic Window imo). Besides that there is the claim that ABB6 was just one 12", based on the testpressing that Retrig talked about so my guess is that the first track is the only track missing now and ABB6 was compiled after that incident.

The interesting thing is those tracks date back (at least) to 1994! Richard probably had ABB4,5, and 6 done by the time ABB3 came out or shortly thereafter. The man's a music making machine, for sure.

Agreed on #12 sounding very MFM - depending on how Richard recorded stuff onto his DATs, that might be how only part of ABB6 is on the tape. Too coincidental for those tracks to be in the same order.

Guest bitroast

Does anyone else cum stupid hard at the last section of 28 Organ?

the ending with the modulation or whatever it is stuttering super hard to the tempo ala druqks / st mt michael ending is sooooo good.

Wait a minute what?

There are more ab6 tracks? Where is confirmation for this?

The ones uploaded are in my post above and were numbered #2 - #8. We know from Retrig that were was a testpressing (a mate of his apparently has it), and I assumed that was one 12" so that matches up to about 8 tracks, but maybe there are more on it. So from the looks of it we are missing track #1 and maybe more.

Did anyone see this question plus comment on Pretend Analog Extmix 2b?

• Richard, are you ever releasing k7ac1d?
  • Posted 11 hours ago11 hoursuser18081971 says at 1:54:

@shelly-rasper: now theres a question

Can anyone point out which track they are talking about?

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/79969-the-rave-colonel-aphex-track-rome-2002/

Mostly rumours, still no closure on wether it's Aphex or Squarepusher (I think, I honestly can't keep up anymore).

Did anyone see this question plus comment on Pretend Analog Extmix 2b?

• Richard, are you ever releasing k7ac1d?

• Posted 11 hours ago11 hoursuser18081971 says at 1:54:

@shelly-rasper: now theres a question

Can anyone point out which track they are talking about?

aaaaaa the feeels

why are people so obsessed with that track?

Because it's an exceptionally good track and the more it is denied an official release the more people want it (the chase is better than the catch?). It has been around for so long that it's probably a nostalgia thing too.

Because it's an exceptionally good track and the more it is denied an official release the more people want it (the chase is better than the catch?). It has been around for so long that it's probably a nostalgia thing too.

i never heard it but i want it all

i want it all

and i want it now

yeah yeah

yeah yeah yeah yeah

By the way how many tracks from Joyrex's "MD of 14 unreleased tracks" made it to the soundcloud dump?

Yeah, exactly. We have AB6 and THE JOYREX TAPE in almost complete form. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure if there are overlaps there - but if that cuts off 30 tracks then it's a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just to save me some time... can you (or anyone) identify for me which tracks from "that tape" (I refuse to call it that) have appeared as SC tracks?

Fresher + Cleaner (faster version of track #1)

How To Science 2 Ab6 (track #2)

Step Up To Cornwall (track #3)

Clabstap AB6 (faster version of track #4)

World Waver AB6 (faster version of track #5)

gear smudge (faster version of track #6)

Mortal 08 (faster version of track #7 as well as a few additions)

Phlangebeat (faster version of track #8)

Phuqed Up (faster version of track #9)

rogphlange 1[braiNfLOSS2] (track #13)

DroneBReak (complete and slower version of #14)

Bold = also on AB6. AB6 is:

1 ?

2 dual acid ab6

3 hollow alias ab6

4 how to science ab6

5 how to science 2 ab6

6 step up to cornwall

7 clapstab ab6

8 world waver ab6

(more?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true#

Squalitude Acid also seems like a good contender for an Ab6 track btw, not farfetched at all!

Guest bitroast

One thing that interests me about aphex releases is that regardless of the contents of rest of album/ep, attention is normally given to making sure the first track is attention grabbing and "user-friendly". Maybe we donno what ab6 1 is simply cos ab6 1 hasnt been released yet :0

i never heard it but i want it all

i want it all

and i want it now

yeah yeah

yeah yeah yeah yeah

I'm a forum with a one track mind

So much Aphex in one lifetime