IGNORED

Richard D James SoundCloud - A Gift To The Fans

Guest crowndicey

• Mark Cartwright says at 0:45:

Rich, are you still actively searching for tapes or do you reckon you have found everything your going to find now?

• Posted 22 hours ago22 hoursuser18081971 says at 0:45:

@hyperflake: i reckon ive prob uploaded about 20% rough guess of what i know ive got but ive got many big boxes full of tapes and demos tht people sent over the years, i found 4 tapes with a quick search in the demos box the other day! tht shouldnt have been in there, one tape was a load of trax i did with a qy on tour in the states tht i put onto tape for some reason..really like them!

@user18081971: was a really lush moment coz i just couldnt place it until id listened to 6 tracks, ive never got passed 2 seconds before that but it was the shit stock sounds that threw me, i was like this is a demo that sounds like me...was great moment for me , kind of ultimate fantasy! My missus was going to make a site and upload all the demos we ever got , whatdya think? she would take them down if anyone didnt want it up there.

@user18081971: out of the pre 2000 stuf ive done about 70% ish, hardly done any post 2000 and almost none since i started recording to computer

@user18081971: which is in worse dissaray than the rest...hard drives and stuff, the most sorted i was like 88-91 after that i just got worse and worse and i think im definitiely worse at filing and not losing my stuff now than i ever was...bit weird..i just like making stuff more n more and like storing it less and less

Uh-oh we're getting a little closer to Fenriz's oeuvre

You say that as if it's a bad thing! :dadjoke: learnt a lot about music because of his myspace and interview recommendations and later the BotW's, and now the radio:

Only kidding - I'm a big black metal fan myself.

Loving the new SC stuff. What year do you reckon for the teac tracks?

• Mark Cartwright says at 0:45:

Rich, are you still actively searching for tapes or do you reckon you have found everything your going to find now?

@hyperflake: i reckon ive prob uploaded about 20% rough guess of what i know ive got but ive got many big boxes full of tapes and demos tht people sent over the years, i found 4 tapes with a quick search in the demos box the other day! tht shouldnt have been in there, one tape was a load of trax i did with a qy on tour in the states tht i put onto tape for some reason..really like them!

@user18081971: was a really lush moment coz i just couldnt place it until id listened to 6 tracks, ive never got passed 2 seconds before that but it was the shit stock sounds that threw me, i was like this is a demo that sounds like me...was great moment for me , kind of ultimate fantasy! My missus was going to make a site and upload all the demos we ever got , whatdya think? she would take them down if anyone didnt want it up there.

@user18081971: out of the pre 2000 stuf ive done about 70% ish, hardly done any post 2000 and almost none since i started recording to computer

@user18081971: which is in worse dissaray than the rest...hard drives and stuff, the most sorted i was like 88-91 after that i just got worse and worse and i think im definitiely worse at filing and not losing my stuff now than i ever was...bit weird..i just like making stuff more n more and like storing it less and less

it would be a serious bummer for me if this meant we probably aren't going to see much past the RDJ era. i know there are folks on here who adore the older stuff, but the glimpses of drukqs and tuss stuff have been the most exciting tracks for me.

it would be a serious bummer for me if this meant we probably aren't going to see much past the RDJ era. i know there are folks on here who adore the older stuff, but the glimpses of drukqs and tuss stuff have been the most exciting tracks for me.

Same, I love it all but a big pile of Drukqs/Tuss/Analord stuff would be the holy grail.

Feel so entitled saying stuff like that.....forgive me Richard D Jebus!

P.S. That Voice Solo 2 Teac is absolutely lush. As a fanboy of the "spooktown" vibe tracks like Hedphelym this is a real soul slicer.

Absolutely agree, every time I put that one on it gets more spooky and more dark, real highlight.

Same, I love it all but a big pile of Drukqs/Tuss/Analord stuff would be the holy grail.

Feel so entitled saying stuff like that.....forgive me Richard D Jebus!

Yeah right, I should have also said that I am so thankful that he's sharing all this effing unequaled music with everyone. But among his unmatched output, that era is my favorite, and I can't help myself :). Of course it's entitled/spoiled, but oh well.

Edited by coolandfrank

• @user18081971: which is in worse dissaray than the rest...hard drives and stuff, the most sorted i was like 88-91 after that i just got worse and worse and i think im definitiely worse at filing and not losing my stuff now than i ever was...bit weird..i just like making stuff more n more and like storing it less and less

The only thing in the way could be a track secretary? A sortboy? I would take vacation just to do that. He could even call me sortboy. "Dammit sortboy stop counting yips and get to the bottom of these freakin boxes"

• @user18081971: which is in worse dissaray than the rest...hard drives and stuff, the most sorted i was like 88-91 after that i just got worse and worse and i think im definitiely worse at filing and not losing my stuff now than i ever was...bit weird..i just like making stuff more n more and like storing it less and less

The only thing in the way could be a track secretary? A sortboy? I would take vacation just to do that. He could even call me sortboy. "Dammit sortboy stop counting yips and get to the bottom of these freakin boxes"

"but sir i'm up to 73 yips..."

"that's plenty!"

So his whole uchoooob playlist is really difficult to sort through. Many of you folks here seem organised- anyone feel like collating them into some sort of usable playlist? Would be fantasteesh

So his whole uchoooob playlist is really difficult to sort through. Many of you folks here seem organised- anyone feel like collating them into some sort of usable playlist? Would be fantasteesh

do it yourself you lazy scrag

Edited by stonetippedspear

all the youtube links posted in the 'uchoob comments up until now. It's an ongoing list. 556 videos so far. Begins with the oldest. Roughly chronological. People will post on old comments, so it's not really chronological, just a sweep from bottom to top. Edited by Das Gespenst